It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's See Some Cool Ground Assault Vehicles!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Let's see 'em!

This is the Daimler-Chrysler Ferret...

Manufacturer: Daimler Ltd., Coventry, England.

Developed shortly after the Second World War, the first Ferret prototypes ran in 1949; production commenced three years later. A total of over 4400 of these rear-engined 4x4 scout cars were built before production ceased in 1971.

A Ferret carries two people: the driver, at centre-front; and the commander, in the turret in the middle of the vehicle. (The turret is the same item that�s used on the much larger Saracen armoured personnel carrier.) Motive power comes from a six-cylinder relative of the Saracen�s Rolls-Royce straight-eight petrol unit, propelling the Ferret to a maximum of nearly 60mph. The Ferret is still in service in many territories.

Development of the Mk II and Mk III versions led to a new kind of Ferret, with a flotation screen and larger wheels. Christened by one enthusiast (the late John Jarvis-Walters) �Arnold Schwartzenferret�, the Mk IV was not an unqualified success as a swimmer (or as anything else), but led to the development of the Fox light armoured car which saw several years� production.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical specifications
Engine: Rolls-Royce B60 Mk 6A 6-cylinder in-line liquid-cooled petrol producing 129hp at 3750rpm
Maximum speed: 93km/h
Fuel capacity & range: 96l, 300km
Armament: 7.62mm MG, 2x3 smoke grenade dischargers
Combat weight: 4.4t
Length: 3.835m
Width: 1.905m
Height: 1.879m
Armour: max. 16mm
Crew: Two

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Hard Red]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
does a hover craft count?
Landing Craft Air Cushion (Light) - (LCAC (L))
12 metres long this hovercraft capable of over 30 knots across water and land, and with an endurance of 12 hours. They can carry 16 fully equipped marines or 2 tonnes of stores.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
this apc is cool!! i think usa and nato use it.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
bahhh ..silly pics that dont want to work!!...and this is an australian apc...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
[Edited on 20-5-2004 by wararts]

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wararts
bahhh ..silly pics that dont want to work!!...and this is an australian apc...

that looks A LOT like a M113

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I've heard that the Russian is developing (or had developed) a 4wd vechicle use in the battleground, its role similar to the Humvee. Rumors say that its preformance is even slightly better than the Humvee. There is a photo somewhere in the internet, but i can't find it. Anyone heard of that?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
check out this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

SectorGaza provides a link to a pic of that vehicle.

[Edited on 5/21/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
does a hover craft count?
Landing Craft Air Cushion (Light) - (LCAC (L))
12 metres long this hovercraft capable of over 30 knots across water and land, and with an endurance of 12 hours. They can carry 16 fully equipped marines or 2 tonnes of stores.

Wow good one, I wonder how many bullets it can take without being "shot down".

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
well the skirt will be bullet proof and the top will be 2 i suppose
i love hovercrafts thier the best in the buisness

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well the skirt will be bullet proof and the top will be 2 i suppose
i love hovercrafts thier the best in the buisness

I found hovercarfts always fascinating but I always thought they needs too much fuel - and so they have short range. But it looks like I was wrong
. 30 knots x 12 hours = 360 miles

P.S. It should be also resistant to the mines or not? It cannot triger the mine if its flying above it?

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by longbow]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
well in the last james bond movie ,,the hovercrafts were used to hover over mine fields......but dont know if its 4 real..

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
mines wont be effected
they dont apply enough pressure on the ground to set them off
hell some tanks can go over mines iv heard
the battle tanks supposedly only apply 4 pounds of pressure onto the ground

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Some mines are detonated by metal passing over them.

If a battle tank only applys 4 pounds of pressure to the ground they are using anti-gravity

You could lie underneath one and it wouldn't kill you!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
variable its called suspension
also u seen the suspension on those babies wow
those magnetic mines would be pretty easy to destroy just get a big magnet on a stick and pass it over them ........boom!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Anyone who knows me knows I love bridgelayers...

Their ability to create thruways where there are none puts a smile on my face...when the enemy blows up a bridge and they start to laugh at us because when can initiate the action, their faces turn white when they see the M-104 Wolverine Bridgelayer. I also like the fact that the bridge can open up like a canopy to protect anyone underneath, which is one of the Wolverines secondary duties!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
hard red,,you had to post it! LOL we spent hours on that damn mechs vs tanks debate ...and you came up with the damn brigelayer jaja..
anyway you made your point....peace

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
nice red but umm can a bridge layer actually fire anything?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
DA T-90!

The T-90 (Ob.188) MBT is the most modern tank currently in service with the Russian Army. It is a direct descendant of the T-72 MBT (in fact, a renaming of T-72BU) although every single system including the main gun has received a major upgrade.

The T-90 tank retains the basic national tank design concept, i.e. the classical layout, where the main armament is arranged within a rotating turret, the propulsion plant and transmission are located in the hull's rear, and the crew members are seated separately: the commander and the gunner sit in the fighting compartment, and the driver in the driver's compartment.

In addition to the basic model, the T-90K command variant is fielded, and differs in radio and navigational equipment, as well as the Ainet remote-detonation system for HEF rounds.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by CoMrAdE_IvAn]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join