It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
reply to post by sos37

That's your only defense? Couldn't you have done better?

Fox News was George Bushs bestfriend and defended his every action, That's enough to make me question there credibility.

And why do you keep saying the same thing, I think we heard you the first time.

[edit on 11/11/2009 by Uniceft17]

Because some of us (like me) actually believe that GW Bush isn't the evil fascist that the left would have you believe. There are a lot of things he did that I didn't agree with, like trying to leave some our ports in the control of the United Arab Emmirates and not entering into environmental talks early on in his presidency.

I think Bush knew a lot more about what was going on in the world than anyone gives him credit. His big fault was that he allowed his decisions to be influenced by the wrong people and he made some bad choices.

Don't forget that a Democratic majority in Congress approved going to war in Iraq with the very same intelligence reports that GW Bush had. A fact that many of you love to conveniently forget so you can heap your "we need a whipping boy" mentality on a single man instead of distributing blame where it belongs.

As for Fox News - they report news just fine. Some of their commentator shows are what I call into question, but no more than I question Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann. What's your excuse for those two wingnuts and the networks that employ them?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've just read every post in this thread.

Weird.

Fox ran a story with footage from another event.

Shocking..........

I KNOW there has never been another news source that used stock footage from another event or unrelated issue to fill a few seconds of airtime.

Nooo.
The rest of the MSM would neeeeevveeeerrr do that!

I'll let you in on a little secret....

.... (it's all entertainment) .... (there is no more news)....(it's just propaganda and emotional manipulation)......shhh....don't tell anyone.

News died with Cronkite.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

As for Fox News - they report news just fine.

That's a matter of opinion.

Some of their commentator shows are what I call into question, but no more than I question Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann. What's your excuse for those two wingnuts and the networks that employ them?

My excuse? I hold all the other MSM networks to the same standard as FOX, and basically I have the same opinion of all the other MSM networks, that they are full of propaganda. But this thread isn't about Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann this is about Faux News. There are countless other threads for that discussion.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
News died with Cronkite.

Quoted (and starred) for excellence.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by slipknotrules2009

I watch FOX and they tell you stuff you will never hear anywere else,
and they have creditable people on FOX saying the same thing.

You have that right. Probably because FOX likes to make its own news from time to time.

I refer you to another thread, also from the OP, which makes that point quite clearly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Because some of us (like me) actually believe that GW Bush isn't the evil fascist that the left would have you believe. There are a lot of things he did that I didn't agree with, like trying to leave some our ports in the control of the United Arab Emmirates and not entering into environmental talks early on in his presidency.

And yet, GW Bush did FAR more damage to the constitution of the US than any other president. But you never saw Fox News cover any of that, it's always been about attacking the democrats. But why turn this into a debate about the merits of whatever president? Shouldn't this be about the INTEGRITY of a supposed "news" outlet? This is one more demonstration that Fox News has NONE.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Don't worry, Shrike, you're not the only one that saw what Fox News did...

For anybody who doesn't understand, it's this.

You had the health care protests on Capitol Hill, and Fox News show footage of it. In the footage, you can see a perfectly clear day. The leaves on the trees are different colors, signifying it's fall.

In the other video that they used, that THEY SAID was of the same protest, the entire sky is cloudy, and all of the trees are completely full with green leaves.

That means that they used different footage and said it was the same event.

That makes them BIG LIARS...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
This should be the nail-in-the-coffin for anyone that thinks that Fox is a 'credible' news source. To my knowledge, this type of blatant fabrication has not been evident on other news channels and puts Fox in a league by itself.

It's sickening.

What has happened to journalistic ethics?! What has happened to integrity?

On to the clip:

news.videosift.com...

what happened to all the news of other channels doing the exact same thing?

oh wait, this supports your argument, so those don't exist anymore, right?

go do some research, kid.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So they LEAD with what little footage they had of the event, and instead of running the possible 45 seconds worth of air-worthy footage over and over and over again, the used stock tea party footage as filler because the piece was to go on for 5 minutes. Hmmm. Sounds like EVERY SINGLE 24 hour news channel to me. Excuse me while I go watch CNN fake some war reporting from Saudi Arabia.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin
As far as Hannity? he screwed up by trying to claim something that wasn't and deserves to be called out for it but as far as mistakes go with news organizations, they all make them either intentionally or otherwise yet search ATS and Fox news is the one everyone goes after because lets face it, Liberals DO NOT like people with opinions other than their own.

Neither do conservatives and faux-conservatives. Unless you're watching most of these news stations for entertainment, you're wasting your time. I won't defend CNN or MSNBC but what I find truly amazing is how many people on ATS talk about these two news stations as the nefarious "MSM" but Fox as a reputable news source. PLEASE!!! I could care less if they (meaning Glenn Beck, Hannity or whomever) do stories on things you'll never see anywhere else. Let me tell you something, they know that many people are fed up. They know that many people do not trust the government. They know that many people believe in conspiracy theories. So, these business men and women (they are NOT journalists) simply research various conspiracy theories and then put them on the air so that you will watch and say, "See that! Fox is for real!!"
You think they are for real because they are agreeing with you and feeding your anger, hatred and fear (much of your anger, hatred and fear is justifiable). But, they aren't doing it because they care, they are doing it to make a buck off of you, get you to trust them and then slip bits and pieces of their agenda into their "newscasts".
Wake up!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Edit - double post

[edit on 11-11-2009 by really]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
You think they are for real because they are agreeing with you and feeding your anger, hatred and fear (much of your anger, hatred and fear is justifiable). But, they aren't doing it because they care, they are doing it to make a buck off of you, get you to trust them and then slip bits and pieces of their agenda into their "newscasts".
Wake up!!!

The thing that I find funny is that people will outright attack Fox on ATS almost everyday yet fail to recognize the exact same things on other channels.
Maybe some people watch Fox for the simple fact that they don't get their talking points from the White House?

You also made the mistake of assuming the people who defend Fox are avid watchers which is not really the case. For me, I have better things to do when I get home from work but when I do watch the news, Fox is where I go because I cannot stand watching so called reporters kissing the presidents ass all the time. At least Fox airs differing points of view but the fact also remains that I have enough common sense not to buy what I see on TV as fact.

Maybe you need to give conservatives a little more credit instead of assuming we are all sheep because we don't watch the state sponsored programming.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

that's hilarious!!! the state sponsored broadcasting. Fox was the "state sponsored broadcasting" for Bush. They did the same thing that MSNBC does now. But, you agree with them so they are not state sponsored. I don't watch any of this crap very often unless I need a good laugh or as somebody else on this thread said, there's a pretty woman on.
I could care less if you're a liberal or a conservative, if you buy into any of these stations being better than the others you've fallen for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

John is nothing but a person with an agenda. How come none of you make a fuss when MSNBC talked about racism and showed a guy carrying a rifle at a protest and it was really a black man!? You're two faced hypocrites, that is why.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i agree that fox is not a credible news sorce, although i do like glen beck more than i dont. however to call cnn, msnbc or cnbc credible news sorces is a joke, and not a very funny one

[edit on 11-11-2009 by srslyguyz]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by srslyguyz

Who called them credible news sources? Were you addressing me? Glen Beck? Yeah, I would love him if he just admitted that he is a comedian.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Who called them credible news sources? Were you addressing me? Glen Beck? Yeah, I would love him if he just admitted that he is a comedian.

i was adressing any one who found those news sorces credible, if you do not then it was not directed at you. in my opinon main stream media in general can not be trusted. i will watch for headlines but i dont trust anything right off that i find on the news

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Firstly, Hannity and Beck are political commentaries. Which negates the edit as any evidence of false news because as Fox and Murdoch have said time and time again, this is not news it is opinion. A very stinky one. Deal with it.

Secondly, look at the MSNBC link posted by Sickofitall2012 on page 2. It's just as deceitful. The fact that FOX is singled out is part of the right/left paradigm, which is just a smokescreen of divide and conquer.

Stop playing their games! They are ALL lying to us!

Forget FOX, forget all these other MSM news agencies and their personalities. When it comes to the important things, uncovering the truth, they all have failed us across the board.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by srslyguyz

i was adressing any one who found those news sorces credible, if you do not then it was not directed at you. in my opinon main stream media in general can not be trusted. i will watch for headlines but i dont trust anything right off that i find on the news

With that, I am in complete agreement.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I love how some people toss out the whole thing because the source is Jon Stewart. The fact that Stewart is a fake news show is what makes it meaningful that he finds these glaring acts of deception. The Daily Show knows what it is, a fake news show, and yet it ends up being more balanced and meaningful a news program than anything that runs on CNN, Fox, or MSNBC and that is the beauty of it! Its a wonderful irony that a half-hour comedy show ends up being better than the news that claims to be real. It reveals the sad truth of our nation when a comedy show is more fair and balanced about the news than the news channels are even while being silly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join