It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FoxNews caught red-handed FAKING news footage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This should be the nail-in-the-coffin for anyone that thinks that Fox is a 'credible' news source. To my knowledge, this type of blatant fabrication has not been evident on other news channels and puts Fox in a league by itself.

It's sickening.

What has happened to journalistic ethics?! What has happened to integrity?

On to the clip:

news.videosift.com...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by shrike071]

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Since your link doesn't give us any info. Maybe you could provide us another source or you could actually tell us what FOX allegedly did wrong?

Proving fake news by sourcing a fake news source isn't going to cut it anyways.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Your link doesn't appear to be working. Can you embed it?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm getting a 404: Page not found.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
haha, link ??????

second line to signify impatience

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

You're kidding, right? I don't care where the info comes from and Stewart has long been a source for pointing out the hypocrisy that comes out of Fox. If the information is undeniable fact, it's undeniable fact - regardless of the source

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

regardless of the source

That is kinda hypocritical, don't you think,

One unreliable source to point out the dishonesty of another unreliable source?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
not a shocking in the least. god bless FOX news.. they Fail.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071

Originally posted by Carseller4

You're kidding, right? I don't care where the info comes from

Omg this statement made me laugh! Is there irony in this statement? I think so! You don't care where the info comes from yet you criticize fox news, and hold a comedy skit up as the truth?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am getting to old for this .

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

regardless of the source

Not at all. TDS is well-known for devoting TONS of effort to tearing apart any fallacies presented by any media source.
Plus, if TDS were lying or fabricating this story, Fox would sue them into oblivion, and Jon Stewart's staff knows this. By that fact alone, TDS, Comedy Central, and their parent companies have to be 100% sure that what they are presenting is ironclad fact.

This isn't about Fox vs. CNN, repub vs. dem or any of that crap. It's about pointing out the absurdity of thinking that some people have regarding the sanctity of Fox. What's it going to take?

I don't care what part of the spectrum you come down on - that clip above destroys any credibility that Fox News has.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i'd like to point out a few things...

first off, jon stewart is more reliable than most cable news people. he holds politicians etc accountable, and doesn't just harp on one side.

second, isn't hannity an opinion show? as far as im concerned, news shouldn't be taken from opinion shows.

and third, it needs to be found out if hannity approved of this, or if he was just given footage. how involved in that aspect of his show is he? i doubt he, or any other talking head really has the time to sit there and sift thru every reel before each show to make sure there isn't something like this.

don't get me wrong, i think its very unethical to do this, but we need to place blame where it needs to be. is it hannity, is it fox news.

and lets not forget that that chick also said there were 20 k people there.

and to quiet people, you should get another source.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Fact is fact regardless, the question is whether is it true that Hannity fabricated this news.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
You don't care where the info comes from yet you criticize fox news, and hold a comedy skit up as the truth?

Also, despite my statement above regarding the legality of what TDS does - there's a huge difference here:

One of those two media sources claims to be "a real news outlet"

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
are people in this thread really saying the daily show isn't reliable?? obviously sometimes they make jokes, but you can clearly tell when they make something up and when their just making fun of the outrageous things that actually did happen.

and foxnews most DEFINETLY used footage from a different rally. no question of it. you can clearly see.

and this link works vodpod.com...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by whateverponcho]

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Wow.

Did you watch the video? It's self-explanatory. You don't need a 'credible' journalist (is there even such a thing anymore?) To compare the two videos which were obviously the exact same footage.

You guys are still trying to defend Fox news? After they have been proven fraudulent time and time again? I'm not saying the other news networks are any better, but what I really don't understand is the sheepish defense of a network that has been caught repeatedly lying to their viewers. That doesn't offend you guys at all?

Fox news did get caught red-handed. And sadly, they got caught by the only legitimate news program still on television (which, even more sadly, is on Comedy Central).

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blankduck18

Your the antichrist

HUH?

Never been called that before,

So what are you trying to say?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

NO, I am the anti-Christ.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrike071
This should be the nail-in-the-coffin for anyone that thinks that Fox is a 'credible' news source.

The White House declared war on Fox News because they deemed Fox's headlines and content leaning toward Republicans instead of Democrats.

"They're widely viewed as, you know, part of the Republican Party," she said. "Take their talking points and put them on the air. Take their opposition research and put them on the air, and that's fine. But let's not pretend they're a news network the way CNN is." Even the captions the network uses to headline its stories, Dunn said, are slanted.

www.salon.com...
Sorry, chum. That makes Fox news a credible news source.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join