It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it can help Yemen restore security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

The government in Sanaa has accused Iran of supporting the rebels, and in October announced it had captured five Iranians attempting to smuggle a boatload of weapons to them.

I guess Iran means no one but them.....

Google

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Good find MM! This is a very important conflict in terms of Middle East developments - a violent Shi'a uprising at Saudi Arabia's doorstep.

I was wondering how long it would be before Iran got involved (beyond alleged clandestine involvement and incitement).

Definitely something to keep an eye on.

How does that Prodigy song go again? "I've got the poison..."

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
For those that wish to find out more about the Yemen conflict, here is where Yemen is on the map:

Google Maps

Here is an assessment of the events leading up to the situation: Al Arabiya

And here is a Q&A: IslamOnline.net

Accusations exist that Iran has been funding, arming and radicalising the Shi'ite uprising in the North. Further reading:

Yemen delivers evidence

Yemen: Iran Backing Armed Rebels

I don't know how much truth there is to these claims - worth remember however that the Islamic revolution in Iran was achieved largely via radicalization of the rural poor and uneducated against the Shah and the West using seditious propaganda, and it is a technique which successive Ayatollahs have refined over the last 30 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This is the third time Yemen has lost an air force fighter jet in Saada since the army began its latest offensive on the Houthi fighters on August 11.

PressTV

Yeah, yeah I know, presstv as a source, pfff.

Just interesting to see what Iran's national spin machine says

Iran calls on regional states not to interfere in Yemeni affairs, amid reports that Saudi jets are bombing northern parts of the country with chemical weapons.

aljazeera

I know, terrorist times and Al-Jihad are poor at best sources.

But it is interesting to see what the M.E. spin is on this issue/war.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Adviser: Saudi navy blockades north Yemen coast

CAIRO — A Saudi Arabian government adviser says the kingdom has imposed a naval blockade on northern Yemen's Red Sea coast to try to prevent weapons and fighters flowing to Shiite rebels in the area.
The adviser said Tuesday that Saudi warships were ordered to search suspicious ships sailing near northern Yemen. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya television also reported the blockade.

Both Yemen and Saudi have accused Iran of sending weapons and money to the rebels, who have been fighting Yemen's government for the past five years.
Iran denies the charge, and it sternly warned Yemen's neighbors Tuesday not to interfere in the country's internal affairs.

Google News

So, it seems that both Saudi Arabia and Yemen are accusing Iran of interfering with the conflict.

Well, we know Iran supports Hamas and Hezbolla terrorists, it should surprise no one they support terrorists in other regions.

It just goes to show the pattern of Iran trying to destabilize the area while accusing others of it.

(Who will be the first of the Anti-Jew-Crew to accuse Us/Israel of what Iran has been caught doing)

top topics

join