It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the Golden Rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Remember the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.

www.dailyreckoning.com.au... 5th March, 2008

As nations get rich, typically, they buy gold - or steal it. What else can they do? How else can they protect their wealth?

When Britain was the world's dominant empire, it loaded up so much gold in the Bank of England that the floor collapsed. Then, power shifted to America. The United States collected its war debts and the gold went back to the U.S.A with the doughboys. In a few years, the United States had the world's largest stockpile, in Fort Knox, Kentucky.

But now, two things have changed.

First, wealth is shifting away from the United States. America is no longer a growing power, but a fading one. The real money is being made in other places. The energy exporters, for example, are piling up money - especially dollars - at breakneck speed. And the Asian exporters too are making trillions.

Second, the world is losing confidence in the dollar as never before. Everyone knows the Bernanke Fed can't defend the buck. There are too many of them. Instead, Bernanke has to try to fight the economic slump - with more cash and credit... further inflating the world's supply of dollars. That's why the U.S. dollar index is at its lowest level in 35 years. "Dollar: it will only get worse," says CNNMoney.

This leaves the foreigners in a tight spot. They've got trillions worth of dollars... and the buck is falling. What are they going to do?

Russia and Qatar are buying heavily. Qatar is using its oil revenues to buy a tonne of gold per month. Russia is buying three or four times as much, and now has more gold in stock than the Bank of England.

China is said to be buying too - but very cautiously. China has so many dollars, if it wanted, it could buy almost half of all the gold ever mined.

Looking ahead, it is hard to see what would stop gold now - except a worldwide financial meltdown. Some commentators insist that Western governments will sell their gold to take advantage of the high price. The IMF has already been cleared to sell nearly $100 million worth - to cover its budget shortfalls. But with the price rising... and the inflation pumps working round the clock... what central banker or treasury secretary is going to want to be the one who sells the family's silver now?

I must plead ignorance when it comes to these issues. However this article caught my eye. Some interesting bits in bold.

Another related interesting article: Who Owns The Most Gold?

So, can somebody educate me on these issues. What does gold mean to the market and how does it influence it so heavily?

Does the old saying, The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules, still apply?

Thanks.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hello! Hello!

Anybody out there?

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Although I get the Golden Rule you posted, which is the de-facto standard today, I tend to subscribe to the real Golden Rule which states "Do unto others as you wish they would do unto you" Its a real shame that the Banksters dont subscribe to that rule...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dredz

"Money makes the world go round."

"Money doesn't talk it swears."

Sad, but true.

Peace.

top topics

join