It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Hadron Collider?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

im not getting your point! (another thing that happens alot on ats)

are you saying the squirrel was sent back as well.?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Thanks for the kind words man.

Personally I would be much more worried about the possible intervention of a Boltzmann Brain.

en.wikipedia.org...

They really mess with my head, and I believe that any that existed are highly likely to be what we would consider as insane and psychopathic.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
are you saying the squirrel was sent back as well.?

I'm saying that the notion of critters being sent from the future is utter nonsense, and that short circuit in high voltage transformers or distribution systems is common place and was so long before the LHC.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Maybe it's some sort of animal rebellion. The squirrel, then that
damn bird !

Maybe the time change affected the mission. What if the bird was
supposed to eat and digest the crumbs first, before leaving a
deposit behind ? ( Yes, that's right . . a deposit. )

Possible message : "WTSHTF, (or collider), STOP THE INSANITY !"

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

cool, thanks for clarifing!

i was not sure what you meant.. hear ya loud and clear now!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
hey they might be onto something there. smart birds it could be right.
i once saw a dog make a bolt for a door. and i didn,t even know he knew anything about engineering

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

WHAT THE FUDGE HAVE THEY BEEN SMOKING!

That went to my mind right away. Seems good stuff...

Damn, I want some...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just to clarify, you all do realise that nobody other than Time magazine is actually suggesting the concept of a time-travelling bird, right? They're simply connecting the latest setback at the LHC with the papers previously written by physicists suggesting that the creation of the Higgs-Boson particle is so abhorrent to nature that timewaves from the future ripple back and stop the even from happening (or at least that's the best that myself, a non-physicist, can desribe it)

The reason I clarify this is that I see lots of people jumping up and down saying 'How can physicists (whether or not they work for CERN, which clearly they don't) suggest a time-travelling bird?!' They're not. Time magazine is, and only twice - once in the headline, and once in the article itself. The play for attention is by Time (surprise surprise) and not the physicists with the controversial theory.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by TheStev]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I cant believe all this "derail" on the news here!

This time travelling story is just ludicrous misdirection...

But they are also telling us that a freaking BIRD is a risk to this project??

hmm
The 'scent' is rising high around LHC.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I do not care if they think it is a time traveling bigfoot sent back by atlanteans through a rift in the bermuda triangle as long as it keeps them from causing something they have no way of controlling.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
LOL notice that Copenhagen and Kyoto are both Climate agreements. And they are working together to prevent a catastrophic event! hahaha it just keeps getting more ironic.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think people need to read books like Physics of the Impossible or Hyperspace.

Physicist realize that the universe is not that simple. Things like time travel, holographic principle, quantum computing, M-Theory and more could quickly turn reality into a science fiction novel.

These things are real and and we know about the simultaneous nature of time. Einstein said the distinction between past, present and future is just a persistent illusiion.

Maybe in a parallel universe, the LHC went operational and blew them to smithereens. The universe looped this information to our universe and it's sabatoging the LHC.

There's a lot of possibilities. Maybe it will be up and running and all this will be forgotten.

Maybe it's a case of quantum immortality.

Maybe we blew ourselves up in our original universe but an alternative universe branched off of that one and we are in the alternative universe and the universe is sabatoging the LHC.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My opinion:

If they do open a black hole who is going to be around to blame them?

It's a win-win situation. If they discover the higgs boson particle a golden age of science could be ushered in, if they are wrong and our planet is destroyed, who ya gonna call?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think we have to assert Occams Razor in this incident. The simplest explanation would be not a time traveling bread laden swallow, but more likely and well within normal spacetime physics, is that the military built a robotic AI bird and as it was monitoring CERN, a sunspot caused it to glitch causing it to fall back on basic 'bird' behavioral subroutines which told the bird to find something to eat in turn causing it to pick up some bread and fly away like any 'normal' bird, but then the AI rebooted and decided to 'abort' the bird scavenging programing and promptly dropped the bread on obviously a very sensitive Outdoor cooling system thats OUTDOORS, and you now have a major problem. It's really pretty simple. I don't know how the engineers couldn't forsee such an obvious eventuality.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
My opinion:

If they do open a black hole who is going to be around to blame them?

It's a win-win situation. If they discover the higgs boson particle a golden age of science could be ushered in, if they are wrong and our planet is destroyed, who ya gonna call?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by lucentenigma]

yup, thats exactly what i was thinking!! how can anyone from the future do anything to stop the black hole swallowing them up if a black hole has swollowed them up .
(you can swap the black hole for any catacliysmic occurance!)

--------------------

just a wee thought i just had... all these people that oppose the LHC, do they really thing something bad will happen? (even though this stuff happens in nature all the time), or are they just scared of what the results might mean?

i go with the latter!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Crows and a lot of other Birds do in fact have highly advanced adaptive learning abilities that would suggest a higher intelligence quota on par with Humans per say
see vid:

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whateverponcho
hahahahhahahah i highly doubt that a trained bird came from the future to prevent it from workin..

if people in the future wanted to stop it, why would they send a bird and train it to snatch a baguette and drop it near a hole? like, really??

Seems when if in doubt , send a bird.
Just ask Noah.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Well it makes logical sense as man has been training birds for thousands of years for all sorts of abilities ie; Hunting, sending messages, Forward scouts on the battlefield etc

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

their not exactly writing computer programs, hacking computers or building LHC's their mate./..

they may have intelligence, in a diff way... but i wouldnt say their advancedly intelligent!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The poor remote-controlled UAV wasn't an early-bird so he got the wormhole instead of the worm.

Line 2 - why waste a good opportunity on something so trivial and easy to fix? If they had sent a bird from the future to sabotage the experiment ... they could have retrofitted it with a suitcase bomb instead of a chunk of tasteless bread.

[edit on 11/11/2009 by Trexter Ziam]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join