It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Hadron Collider?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Temporal Paradoxes are great, but not the logical fallicies that everyone thinks they are. You have to remember it's not linear...it's more of a mushy timey-wimey sort of thing.

As for the outdoors equipment, well, of course it is outside.. it's normally outside. This sort of equipments is normally ALWAYS outside. It's not the collider pieces themselves that got hit by the B1-RD, it was some of the high voltage electrical stuff in the sub-station.

Still, this project certainly seems more than a little cursed. Time travelling B1-RDs or not, it sure seems that the universe is rebelling against this machine.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Erm, these two theorists have no affiliation with cern, they are just speculating on recent events. check out Masao Ninomiya's new proposal of playing a card game in the lhc to decide if they use it!

en.scientificcommons.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
What concerns me some is the fact TIME picked up the story..

Now if it was fox news or something ok..we could instantly say bs...just for media rating..

But why would TIME a creditable new's source even give a ounce of thought to these guy's theory?
Could it be maybe possible there right?
and TIME did the math before they wrote the story?
so they didnt look like total fool's for even making such a article.

i would say we should gather all info..good or bad on this collider.
cause something is starting to go fishy.
where there is smoke there is fire...and alot of smoke signals are coming from this thing...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Dont be rediculous, time didnt do the math, Nielsen, Holger B. and Ninomiya, Masao did. time just needed some extra story to tag along with the main one, that the lhc is offline again.

As to all the problems, think of the LHC as a program going through its debugging stage. Obviously they are not going to catch problems like this until they appear.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What's really happening:

The PTB know I am going back in time, using the energy of CERN to ride back on- and they are using every trick in the book to stop me.

Now, on a more serious note- have these knuckleheads been sticking their heads in the plasma stream or something?! Mebbe if THEY didn't build the thing so crappy, bugs and crumbs and crap wouldn't be getting into the stupid machine. Ever hear of fencing? It's the newest thing in keeping things OUT.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

erm .. the fact that their commenting on it as CERN workers..!

They don't work for CERN. They're quack theorists looking for attention and you bit on it. The LHC wasn't on and was repaired on the same day for that matter.

Moral of the story: Birds of a feather flock together.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Time Traveling birds? hahahaha
i thought i'd heard it all, why not send a person?
And to say a bird today is smarter than a bird 1000 yrs ago is also non sense. Until a bird, or any animal, can sit down and talk to me and balance my checkbook. It is still a animal with animal intelligence. Meaning, it is dumb as crap, compared to any human. So a bird can move snow with a stick to get to worms, thats called survival instincts. Nothing else. i just want a human to time travel back, maybe from a week or two ahead in time, give me the winning lottery numbers and then go home. i'm good with that.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
People I have a theory and would like to know what you ATSers think about it.

What IF CERN has the LHC already fully operational and is already conducting its schedulled experiments?

I mean, this last "excuses of theories" for it not working are just ludicrous.
"A particle traveled back in time to stop its operation?"
"A particle traveled back in time and took control of bird to sabotage it?" C'mon. Really?

I think they are saying it isn't operational to avoid those fanactics trying to sabotage it in every way they could.

Again, my opinion, probably way misinformed opinion, but still.

What do you all think about it?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You NEED to understand these so called experts are also trying to make sure they don't look so stupid that they would leave vital equipment in a place where a bird could interfere with it.

If they just admitted to everyone that they had equipment vital to the success of the experiment uncovered in the open. I'm sure even the people/organisations funding these MAD experiments would think twice about leaving these madmen in charge.

Also, does anyone else think trying to make "Black Holes", "Fire particles at each other at the speed of Light", plus many things they are NOT telling us. Sound TOO Dangerous. They are dealing with things they DON'T have a clue of what the outcome will be. The firing particles at each other experiment could cause a massive chain reaction type effect, similar to the largest Atomic explosions.

No wonder after spending Billions the USA closed their Hadron Collider down.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Maybe weve been looking at this all wrong. Maybe the bagguette was sent from the future! It would then commandeer a bird to sabotage the collider.
It may have been some sort of Skynet terminator bagguette sent to kill CERN and John Connor.

What kind of moron desings a piece of equipment to contain the forces of the BIG BANG, but not to make it crumb-proof!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
hahahahhahahah i highly doubt that a trained bird came from the future to prevent it from workin..

if people in the future wanted to stop it, why would they send a bird and train it to snatch a baguette and drop it near a hole? like, really??

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here, it's from the article:

Many physicists say that Nielsen and Ninomiya's theory, while intellectually interesting, cannot be accurate because the event that the LHC is trying to recreate already happens in nature. Particle collisions of an energy equivalent to those planned in the LHC occur when high-energy cosmic rays collide with the earth's atmosphere. What's more, some scientists believe that the Tevatron accelerator at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (or Fermilab) near Chicago has already created Higgs bosons without incident; the Fermilab scientists are now refining data from their collisions to prove the Higgs' existence.

Nielsen concedes, "We have very little data, so theorists are going their own ways and making a lot of theories that may not be very plausible. We need guidance from experimentalists to make the theories more healthy."

So yeah, in an absence of evidence, make something up

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorfeuZ
What do you all think about it?

Getting 1000s of CERN employees to keep their mouth shut isn't plausible and they already fired a full circle beam in September, 2008 with much publicized fanfare.

The safety of the LHC

Whatever the LHC will do, Nature has already done many times over during the lifetime of the Earth and other astronomical bodies.

The Universe as a whole conducts more than 10 million million LHC-like experiments per second. The possibility of any dangerous consequences contradicts what astronomers see - stars and galaxies still exist.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
kind of makes you think.

some theories suggest that to travel to another point in time, there must be an active time machine at that point in time for you to come out of.

so if people from other times are coming here, there must be an active time machine or wormhole hidden somewhere on this rock at the present moment that they're not telling us about.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Bird, bird, bird is the word.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

its just publicity.

It's aimed to get people talking about the project

...based on this thread

it worked.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

fair one dude! i stand corrected!

(star for yer troubles!) ^_^

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Uh, if you knew anything about Quantum Mechanics, you would know that it is not only possible, but highly plausible that time travel exists on this timeline and that they do not want the Hadron developed. Perhaps it is dangerous in someway!

You're not thinking fourth dimensionally, Marty!!!!

[edit on 11-11-2009 by traderjack]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by manmaidslave
Time Traveling birds? hahahaha
i thought i'd heard it all, why not send a person?
And to say a bird today is smarter than a bird 1000 yrs ago is also non sense. Until a bird, or any animal, can sit down and talk to me and balance my checkbook. It is still a animal with animal intelligence. Meaning, it is dumb as crap, compared to any human. So a bird can move snow with a stick to get to worms, thats called survival instincts. Nothing else. i just want a human to time travel back, maybe from a week or two ahead in time, give me the winning lottery numbers and then go home. i'm good with that.

I know HUMANS who can't speak or balance a check book.. are they just using animal intelligence, too?

Still the whole idea that a bird was sent back in time with piece of bread to drop on a power distribution unit or whatever that thing was, is a little overkill. It would indeed be simpler to send a human, or for that matter, a robotic cruise missle.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Its a misconception to compare the LHC to a nuclear explosion.

Nuclear explosion's are created by fusing together 2 particles of matter to create critical mass (they do this by igniting explosives around the weapons zero-point and focus the explosive light and heat direct towards a singularity point where Plutonium and Uranium is fused together and thus reacts at that critical point where it reaches instability and explodes.)

The mass of a nuclear explosion is all contained within those 2 elements, only the energy released is whats needed to create it through fusing matter. e=mc2.

The LHC just fires proton beams at each other in which they collide at faster than nanosecond speeds, much like a car crash wouldnt create a black hole anymore than proton matter would.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join