It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday, No Way - Nasa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
And IF that is the case why is it I have never heard of this 'dwarf planet' Eris before this thread? , is it on any solar system maps? or is it of no concern or 'unplanetary' like Pluto ? and even that was declassifed as a non planet recently?

Do you spend much time reading about astronomy? Then you should have heard about Eris, it's listed in Wiki as one of the 5 dwarf planets:

en.wikipedia.org...

The IAU currently recognizes five dwarf planets—Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, and Eris.[6] However, only two of these bodies, Ceres and Pluto, have been observed in enough detail to demonstrate that they fit the definition. Eris has been accepted as a dwarf planet because it is more massive than Pluto.

It is suspected that at least another 40 known objects in the Solar System are dwarf planets,[8] and estimates are that up to 200 dwarf planets may be found when the entire region known as the Kuiper belt is explored, and that the number might be as high as 2,000 when objects scattered outside the Kuiper belt are considered.

But 5 is just the beginning, they expect to find a lot more...

It is suspected that at least another 40 known objects in the Solar System are dwarf planets,[8] and estimates are that up to 200 dwarf planets may be found when the entire region known as the Kuiper belt is explored, and that the number might be as high as 2,000 when objects scattered outside the Kuiper belt are considered.

2000? That's a lot of planets, even if they are dwarfs.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

2000? That's a lot of planets, even if they are dwarfs.

Maybe there's 2012..couldn't resist

The only place I'd be worried about is an orbit between Mercury and Venus. Just a theory of mine, but I'm sure there's a orbital "black" ring there. If that moves (expands/contracts) we're toast, as is the solar system.

Nothing to back this up, but if you're looking, you should be looking in UV at a radius from the sun of about 80,000,000km

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Seriously, I'm getting sick of the lack of respect for others in this forums.

You've been here since March of this year and your already "sick of the lack of respect for others in this forums"...

Maybe this place is not for you.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Digital_Reality]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join