It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created god/where did he come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

We are all one, only within the physical illusion of time/space do we see ourselves as seperate.

We are separate, We exist only within the physical reality of space/time.
My consciousness is not shared by you or anyone else. When I die you do not cease to exist.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept

“that which is infinite” cannot exist in our reality other than as a mathematical concept.

To have infinity you must identify or define the infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning

Infinity by definition cannot be unity. Unity implies the existence a “one” One cannot by definition be infinite.

You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

Yes this is an example of discrete frequencies of light coming together to form one white light. But this in no way relates to the concept of infinity.

We are all the Infinite One experiencing and interacting with itself, to know itself. There is no time, there only IS.

Infinite one is an oxymoron. One cannot interact with ones self.
Interaction requires time.
To know itself implies that the one must conceive of itself as separate and finite as a one and therefore not infinite. If it cannot conceive of itself as separate from that reality that it exist as a one in, then it cannot be self aware.

Everyone will exist after death just like they have existed indefinitley.
\
To exist indefinitely negates the concept of death.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No, "many-ness" does not denote quantity in any way but a general sense in that it means more than one. An inifinite amount of objects can be contained in an infinite space at varying amounts of distance between them.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

All is one.

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

How about providing counter-points? As opposed to repeated broken record repetition of tired slogans.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Try to imagine nothingness. It's the same effect as trying to imagine a God infinitely beyond space/time. But, just because you can't imagine it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Do you know what the "next big thing" is? I wonder how many people imagined the technology we have today? Obviously not everyone. Simple things can be mysteries to even intelligent people.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I guess one of the questions thats always troubled myself is if god was conscious of itself,who it was,what it could do, as is the christian interpretation,would it need conscious creatures to know itself & who or what it was?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalguy12

Exactly,

To experience itself it must interact with itself because it is the only existent thing that is existent for it is everything. Everything a singular being.

Infinity cannot be many, because it is all in one.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

all is one and one is all and everyman for himself.

we do not digest food with a communal stomach. we do not beat with one heart, or think with one mind. we are seperate.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

again only in a mathematical construct. in reality this is not possible simple because to be infinite in space and volume, with an infinite amouts of objects precludes the definition of space or volume.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

just because you can imagine it or concieve of it using logic or math does not mean that it can or does exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Space and volume are essentially the same thing and it certainly does not preclude my statement. Here allow me to post the relevant definitions.

Space:

4 a : a boundless three-dimensional extent in which objects and events occur and have relative position and direction b : physical space independent of what occupies it —called also absolute space

SOURCE

Volume:

b. The capacity of such a region or of a specified container, expressed in cubic units.

SOURCE

It's not that hard a concept, certainty not rocket science, an infinite space would not need to be filled up by infinite matter as the space that matter could be in would never end and with all of that space matter need not take up ALL OF IT in order to be infinite.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

With all due respect that is a nonsense declaration for nothing more than attempting to sound like you refute the claim. The reverse is also true.

Just because you cannot imagine it or concieve of it with logic or math does not mean that it cannot or does not exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
God created everything, therefore he created himself. I thought that was self-explanatory.

After creating himself he wrote the bible and went into hibernation.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I can help you understand God / where he came from.

When you understand the eternity, and you understand the length of the universe, I will help you understand God

In some way I actually mean the above !

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Space and volume are essentially the same thing and it certainly does not preclude my statement. Here allow me to post the relevant definitions.

Space:

4 a : a boundless three-dimensional extent in which objects and events occur and have relative position and direction b : physical space independent of what occupies it —called also absolute space

SOURCE

Volume:

b. The capacity of such a region or of a specified container, expressed in cubic units.

SOURCE

It's not that hard a concept, certainty not rocket science, an infinite space would not need to be filled up by infinite matter as the space that matter could be in would never end and with all of that space matter need not take up ALL OF IT in order to be infinite.

Thank you.

The infinite nothing, or in otherwords the everything.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Your welcome. But do please stop attempting to sound profound. Nothing fuels your statements but your own belief.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I disagree with the "hitting the wall theory". When one does not know the truth about something, that's when imagination comes into play and human imagination is limitless. I subscribe to the theory that this reality is a simulation running on an extremely powerful computer. In our reality, everything that is and everything that will be has already been calculated by the computer AI or GOD, or whatever you wish to call it. It's all simulations within simulations.

Given enough power, there is nothing in this reality that cannot be duplicated by a computer, lending credence to the theory that our reality is nothing but a simulation.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Space:

SOURCE

Volume:

SOURCE

space:
incalculably great three-dimensional realm or expanse in which all material objects are located and all events occur.
not unlimited simply incalculable. all objects and events occur. to have all you must have a finite amount. in an infinite amount there cannot be an all.
the laws of our universe, the very building blocks which govern its existence and actions dictate finite space. if space is infinite then it cannot be expanding or contracting how could it since it is infinite to begin with. since it can be neither then the big bang did not happen in fact could not happen.
volume is a caculation of the finite number of objects contained within a finite area of space. with infinite space there is no volume. the term is moot.
again infinity is simple an abstract concept, a mathematical construct. we exist in a finite universe that exist in a linear time. we may be able to conceive of infinity and and other abstract concepts but they do not exist in our reality.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redeemer
Man created God. That is how powerful our imagination is.

If you assume the final stage of evolution is the creation of god who transending time and space creates the universe and starts evolution then yes man creates god who creates man who creates the puzzle of which came first - chicken or egg?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

This is a big question i do a lot of study and yet this one is still hard..the best idea i have right now though is this

according to a lot of very prestigious teachers now days it is quite possible God is hyper-dimensional...i hold this belief

Now if God is outside of our 3d world it is much easier to see how he was not created..or created as we see it...in our universe everything has a beginning and end..But see if God exists in more dimensions..lets say 10 since i believe that is what many scientists think exists now..If he exists in 10 dimensions but created a universe of only 3 it is much easier to grasp..he created something much much simpler than himself..we humans can do this..we can create whole worlds with literature,art,etc....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join