It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who created god/where did he come from?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

What on earth do you mean?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by GW8UK]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

You do not see it?

Everything is the Infinite Creator experiencing and creating itself forever and ever in perpetuity.

The One Creator isn't some seperate revengeful entity like religions personify it to be.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

If I am the creator, then who created me? to create something there must be some thing to do the creating. the act of creation implies the existence of a creator, a first cause. This is a circluar argument which has no end or answer

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus

If I am the creator, then who created me? to create something there must be some thing to do the creating. the act of creation implies the existence of a creator, a first cause. This is a circluar argument which has no end or answer

Exactly.. And thats where we say hello to the brick wall!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

if something is being created in perpetuity, then it is not being created it is being. creation implies a beginning and end to the act of creating. once created a thing is. if it is always being created then it never is. If it never is then it has not been created. See how fun it is creating these arguments?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Phedreus]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Infinity cannot begin nor end, it must always BE.

In a linear existence that we are incarnated as we have an illusive thing called time. It is only hard to grasp that there is no such thing as time when you are incarnated.

We see everything linear, when in true reallity all IS. All IS, not was or will be.

Nobody created the Infinite One, the Infinite One IS all that there IS. All is concious, an energy.

Creating within itself of itself. Being. Experiencing.

Do not worry brothers and sisters, everyone is unconditionally loved equally and all experiences equally as beautiful as the rest.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Exactly infinity has no brick wall.

It's like the mirror effect. You look and see yourself in the image, in the image, in the image and so on.

Also my man Tayesin ROCKS!
I love this guy.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Oh how Ive asked myself that question. I think the problem with our human minds is that its hard for us to use our imaginations to picture a world of nothing. And if we could would the nothing be in fact a something? See what I mean. Some believe it or not think its a "sin" to even pounder such things.Ive never bought that. Why give me a mind so powerful and not want me to think about who gave it to me? So until I know other wise Im thinking the universe has a mind and that mind is what some of us call God and we live in its body. Thats how God can be in all places at once. Where God come from? Like the OP said I dont think our minds can conceive it but I think one day we will.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Tricky63]

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Tricky63]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes I understand the concept of infinity. But it doesnt make sense to me, I cant picture it.
And since there are so many things about the universe that we clearly dont understand, isnt it possible that the universe isnt infinite... there could well be some sort of edge that we just arent capable of understanding at the moment.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Let me ask you, do you need to understand it?

All anyone needs to understand is unconditional love. That all entities will 'be' forever.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I think there is a need to understand it, why wouldnt we want to know about the place we inhabit? I dont think about it a huge amount because I doubt we'll know how everything came to be anytime soon, but leaving it at 'oh well its infinite' doesnt seem right to me when we dont know that.

And why do we need to understand unconditional love?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Because the physical illusion is unimportant and merely a dream. What happens of the physical illusion has no affect on you other than the experiences that come forth from it. All you should know is that all is singular all is one. To know of the mysteries is to fully know unity and therefor once again be what you once were, but the paradox being you always have been just that.

Imagine if you will an infinite omnipotent being living as sea of perfection decides to play make believe and begins by breaking itself up in a perfect fashion so as to break up the monotony of infinite perfection. The perfection of the breakup is perfectly realized from the omnipotent beings perspective, but from the perspective of a fragment, not pefectly realized. As these fragments 'coalesce' and become 'more one', they realize more of this truth, but in so doing, also begin to realize that the fragmentation was done on purpose ... quite the conundrum ... as how is this realization to be handled? Should all the other smaller fragments be informed of this realization? Maybe the omnipotent being wanted this experience, as it was done purposefully, and the experience of each fragment as experienced by the whole, and other larger coalesced fragments, was unique and novel and desirable for its novelty. To alter this would be to go against the greater will of the original omnipotent beings perspective.

The primal force being free will (for all fragments from smallest to largest until unity is realized by all) ... the true knowledge being that we cannot be separated ...

Then why would The One want to play "Make believe?"

My comment has often tended to be that the Creator is attempting to gain in knowledge and appreciation of Itself. The Creator wishes to know Itself. Thusly, it sends forth parts of Itself within illusion to see what will happen
and to learn from the colors created in the palette of emotions that you
have created through many experiences and incarnations. This palette
contains your beauty and is unique to you, so that you can teach the
Creator that which no one else in all of Creation is able to teach. For
you are the only one of you in all of the infinite universe. Thusly, it is
your gift to the Creator that comes from you, that is greatly desired.
You cannot please the Creator by being someone else but only by being
most truly and deeply yourself.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Novelty doesnt last though does it. So if the goal is to become aware that we are one & achieve this state of perfection... why's that such a good thing when the creator found this to be monotonous?

I find it quite disturbing to think that the creator would have created us for what is essentially an experiment. Lets just hope it doesnt get bored of us hey

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle

Novelty doesnt last though does it. So if the goal is to become aware that we are one & achieve this state of perfection... why's that such a good thing when the creator found this to be monotonous?

I find it quite disturbing to think that the creator would have created us for what is essentially an experiment. Lets just hope it doesnt get bored of us hey

We are the Infinite One. We weren't 'created'.

Get sick of us? the One Infinite Creator IS us.

People must wake up from their slumber to this fact. The Infinite One is not some seperate entity the Infinite One is ALL entities.

It is not an experiment, more like a single thought, a single plan. A plan with infinite love and infinite light!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We exist in a linear universe. The basic construct of reality dictates that there must be the concept of time. That we can through math and logic deduce the ideas of infinity, zero, causal relations, requires the construct of time. The very existence of God requires the concept time. There was a creation and that creation exists in time. There will be and end to the creation. That it exists, in time, negates the idea of constantly being in a state of creation. That it is evolving again implies the concept of time and a beginning.

All IS, not was or will be. This very sentence the very logic of the sentence is built on the concept of linear time. Yes at an instant in time all is as it exists in the universe, but in a linear reality there must come another instant in that existence.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Time is a field. It is space-dependent. Space is a field and is time-dependent. For this reason you recognize a reciprocal nature. The relationship between the two is the third power [of] displacement in either. This may be recognized by a simple equation or formula. There are three dimensions: therefore, the numeral “3” is used, both as a power and as a constant. T3 divided by 3 is equal to S3. S3 divided by 3 is equal to T.

Our present constant, that which you call the velocity of light, is the basic speed of the field. The permeability of that which we know as matter is dependent upon this constant. In other words, the densities of which our world is composed, and the densities of the other planes of existence as you know them, are time-dependent. Their permeability is a function of apparent speed.

Space may be thought of as linear, if time is thought of as volumetric. Or you may reverse the process, as you do within your limitation, and consider space volumetric and time linear. Either is true. And either may be perceived to be true, depending upon the limitations of your thought. It is possible to move linearly in space and volumetrically in time, all with the same movement. You can be aware of what you call the past, the present, and the future, simultaneously.

Time, is in your mind. There is only now, and there is only here. The reason that there appears to be a reciprocal nature between space and time in our world is because our world is, shall I say, designed to produce this illusion.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Born from another "god" perhaps?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Thus the dangers of over simplification and over over generalization are exhibited. Just because we are parts of a interconnected whole does not mean we are all one.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Thus the dangers of over simplification and over over generalization are exhibited. Just because we are parts of a interconnected whole does not mean we are all one.

We are all one, only within the physical illusion of time/space do we see ourselves as seperate. This is done purposely for the experience and progression that you choose to seek when you chose to incarnate into the life you are living now.

All is one and how it should be.

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define the infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

We are all the Infinite One experiencing and interacting with itself, to know itself. There is no time, there only IS.

Everyone will exist after death just like they have existed indefinitley.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Time is a field. It is space-dependent Existence is time dependent

Space may be thought of as linear, if time is thought of as volumetric. Or you may reverse the process, as you do within your limitation, and consider space volumetric and time linear. Either is true. And either may be perceived to be true, depending upon the limitations of your thought.

Mathematically you can interchange the two and still have a balanced equation. In mathematical terms either is true. The abstract concept is valid. But in our reality, the universe that exist and our conscious existence in that universe, time is and must be linear,

It is possible to move linearly in space and volumetrically in time, all with the same movement. You can be aware of what you call the past, the present, and the future, simultaneously.

While the equations representing gravity and its effects on space time, can represent the abstract concept of moving linearly in space and volumetrically in time, in the real world such is not possible. Without time there is no past present or future because there is no existence. Without time there is no awareness. Without time progressing in a linear movement there is no creation

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join