It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You to All You Who Have Served

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I always make a point of observing the two minutes silence on armistice day,it is the least i can do to help preserve the memory of not only the fallen,but the wounded,physically and emotionally,and the multitude of innocent civilians who had the misfortune to die in the many conflicts since WW1.
Even on Rememberance Sunday,no matter how hard i think i am ,i can't help but get a lump in my throat when i see all those old soldiers pay their respects to the friends that they left on the battlefields!

God bless them all!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

ditto

ditto ...... 2nd line

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
I couldn't imagine what our true veterans go through.

You are a true veteran.

Veterans' Day is not just for those who have served in a war zone.

Veteran's Day is for all those who have served their country in a branch of the military service.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thank you to all of our men and women who have served our country. And thanks to my Grandpa WWII, two uncles Vietnam, cousin Gulf War I now serving in Afghanistan, brother in law about to head there.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights

Tell me how our involvement in World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Desert Storm, etc... played any part in protecting our freedoms?

Can you really be that obtuse?

Have you not noted that in all those wars certain nations or entities were and still are hell bent on the domination of another nation or world domination?

You don't need a post of explanation. You need an education.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A salute and toast to fallen friends and relatives, and to those who fight still. May their courage be forever remembered.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks, vets!

And you're welcome, too!

And for all those that are posting here with a bunch of political crap, grab a hammer and a pile of sand. I think you're smart enough to know what to do with it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

You don't need a post of explanation. You need an education.

Grady... the doubleeight guy does not understand that his liberty to say and feel what he wants to say was won by those to whom every person in this Western world should pay respect toward on this day.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
Thank you for your thoughts. I served over 20 yrs active duty. Retired (not really) in 1996 during the Bush administration. Rank of Major could have easily made LTC. Chose to get out because what I was seeing seemingly only a select few were aware, at my level. Their is no way in hell I could serve under this current illegal administration. Son (whatever) want even show his birth certificate (the one that counts) and has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to hide the rest. Everything that passes through that orifice he calls a mouth is almost guaranteed to be a lie and usually a big one. Remember him saying during an interview "my Islamic faith" and the individual interviewing had to correct him by saying "you mean your Christian faith. Of course he quickly agreed. It would be laughable if he wasn't so dangerous to our now (defunked) way of life.

Well it's a good thing you retired under Herr Bush. I don't see how any one could serve under his sorry a$$.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
It's a good time to take a moment and think about the sacrifices many people make willingly for the greater good. Members of the armed forces have my thanks and supreme respect.

At this time of the year, I also include in my thoughts the police officers, firefighters, and anyone who puts themselves in harm's way for the safety and protection of others.

Thank you all.

Somebody up there said they weren't comfortable accepting a free meal. Please think of it this way - it makes the ownership and the people who work there feel like they're giving back a little bit and gives them an opportunity to show some gratitude. Of course, it's nothing but a token but it is a win/win in my opinion.

There have been a few times I've asked a waitress to bring me the check of a soldier in uniform without telling him, before. I always get a lot more out of it than they do.

Police officers? Please....they are traitors to our country. Put their lives in harm's way? It infuruates me when I read ignorant statements such as this.. Cops are revenue collectors that hate the citizens of the USA. Do some research and you will see how the swine really think of us.

Of course, this is my opinion, and not a shot at the poster I quoted.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by AntiWingnut]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
My biggest wish for this Veteran Day is that our government, present and future, honor and surpass their commitment to help our veterans. Not only during moments of war, but during peacetime as well.

To all who have served,

link   
I know it's Veterans Day, not Memorial Day but in the Commonwealth and particularly in Canada this is an important day. Remembrance Day. We only have one. For this day:

link   
In addition to the many thanks I give to the vets, I'd also like to thank, their families and loved ones who have made tremendous sacrifices including the loss of those fallen.

Also, would like to thank all who in any way volunteer their energies and resources to causes that support Vets.

And finally, a big thank you to all those who work for peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
*Raises hand upon the heart*

Thank you!

Yes, thank you all the brave soldiers that were willing to die in the altar of war; you were not evil, just misguided by the propaganda of illusional freedom. Your enemies were not evil either, they just tried to defend their rights for freedom, which your leaders decided that wasn't freedom at all, but slavery from which they needed to be freed of.

I truly thank all the brave soldiers of United States that were willing to sacrifice their lives for the sake of fear, destruction and suffering. Thank you! You have made the world a better place, for the few.

I shall honor the memory of blindfolding ignorance which made you gave everything you had for the expansion of the empire of tyranny and oppression. You are to be example for the rest of the valiant soldiers that are willing to sacrifice themselves in the altar of Absolute Power.

I shall honor your memory by giving a service on altar of porcelain, where shall I visit only in solitude.

Indeed, thank you.

-v

[edit on 11-11-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiWingnut

Take your off topic rants elsewhere please. If you have no respect for those that served, fine. This thread is for those that do.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by AntiWingnut

Take your off topic rants elsewhere please. If you have no respect for those that served, fine. This thread is for those that do.

Oh I do ....to the military. Not cop scum.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thanks to all who have served. Your sacrifices haven't been forgotten.

There are only five vets(verified) left whom served in the Great War.

en.wikipedia.org...

Soon, there will be no one left who was there. Today should be a day to remember these men particularly.

God Bless them and all who have served and died in service of their countries. A special salute to the members of my family who have served and are serving.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thank you soldiers your works are appreciated and wont be forgotten. R.I.P. to those slain at Fort Hood and to all slain in the wars abroad.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiWingnut
Oh I do ....to the military. Not cop scum.

Big deal. Intrepid is right, running along with your BS off-topic opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a beautiful song to pay tribute to all those that have served, are serving, and have paid the ultimate sacrifice to this great nation. Even though some don't agree with the wars or this government, we should all support the men and women that serve to protect this nation.

I'd like to take the time to thank my fellow soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and coast guardsman for your sacrifice. Only those who put the uniform on on a daily basis know what we have to endure. Our personal sacrifices, leaving family members behind to serve, and putting our lives on the line to ensure that our families can continue to live in a free country. I hold my head high, and I am proud of all that I have done for this country. I have served for the last 8 years and will continue serving as long as I can.

If you are lucky and run across a member of the armed forces today, take a second out of your time and thank them. You don't know how much that means to us. I have had countless people stop me and thank me for serving this nation. It shocks me at first, but then I swell up with pride and tell them "I'm just doing my part".

Happy Veterans Day! MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join