It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You to All You Who Have Served

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

To every soldier who has served this county and placed their life on the line for our freedom, I thank you.
No one can know what its like to crawl on your belly thru the jungles of Viet Nam only to breath in agent orange. No one can know what its like to be stuck in 100 plus degree heat of desert sands with hidden bombs in the ground. No one can know your lonliness and isolation from friends and family. No one can know what you felt when you had to take a life. No one can know but you the hell you have endured for us but you......... Thank you from my heart. God bless you all.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks father, uncle, and great grandpa who passed last year. And thanks to all who serve.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by St Udio

I seem to recall that the 'Golden Corral' restaurant chain also does the 'Thank You, ' for active & veteran service personnel.

The Golden Corral here does in fact feed Vets today..

Good time to go connect with our brothers...

Just wanted to jump in quickly and add the following.

Outback is giving away a free Bloomin Onion and beverage and Applebee's is providing a free entree.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A very heartfelt "THANK YOU" from me and my family.

Thank you for giving so freely of yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You guys are welcome.

Sometimes I think back on my years of service, remembering my friends who fell, and think what a waste...then I buckle down and try as hard as I might to make it NOT a waste by continuing the fight here at home for those things they told us we were fighting over there to protect: freedom, democracy, and the right to live your own life.

I extend my thanks in turn to those of you who make it worthwhile to have sacrificed and endured the things I have.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyDawn
You're welcome!!

Let's remember ALL those who've been sacrificed by our governments!

And I saw that Applebee's is giving free meals to Vets & active duty but I think it's just here in the States....first time I've ever seen a business do this tho!

Golden Corral does this a lot too, but without tv adverts...

Either way, as a Vet myself I appreciate all the thoughts as well as give my own back to those who are serving today and who have served in the past.

Regardless of some bad apples here and there, we have an amazing military history and tradition, which I know I am proud to be part of.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Thank you Grady. Thanks to all who have served. Among many family members and friends I'm thinking today of my great uncles in WWII. One who served in the Pacific, his brother who served in North Africa and their third brother who served under Patton at the Battle of the Bulge. We were extremely fortunate that they all survived and I knew them all well. Thanks again Grady!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
to see so many people praising militaristic views of life and the world in general makes me very unpleasant

we still live in the dark ages and world peace seems to me less achievable more than ever

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I did my time in the Army and, although I was never in any war zone, I do remember how homesick you feel when you spend Christmas Day in a bar in South Korea. I couldn't imagine what our true veterans go through. I am truly grateful for their sacrifices and that of their families.

Not to get into the whole political thing here, but I wish we would give our veterans the day off on Veterans Day while the government workers worked instead of the other way around.

edited for grammar

[edit on 11-11-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

So is world peace to you mean rolling over and letting Hitler or Al Quaeda have their way with you? Should we just stand by and watch when a tyrant murders people outdside of our borders and hold hands singing kumbaya? How incredibly self centered and cowardly.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The soldiers serve their country, the people, unlike politicians. Leave the politics out of this please. These people served in a capacity that few outside their ranks will know. Thank you to ALL that served. That includes my great grandfather that fought in WW1, for the Germans.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
THANK YOU ALL
AND YOUR WELCOME

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is a duplicate thread. Many previous threads have covered this topic.
I'm a veteran. Thanks for the nice threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
If it weren't for them we wouldn't have the option to agree or disagree with the politics and wars of today.

CX.

What a load of bull#.

Tell me how our involvement in World War I, World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Desert Storm, etc... played any part in protecting our freedoms?

Seriously, explain that rationale to me.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by donhuangenaro

So is world peace to you mean rolling over and letting Hitler or Al Quaeda have their way with you? Should we just stand by and watch when a tyrant murders people outdside of our borders and hold hands singing kumbaya? How incredibly self centered and cowardly.

it is so very simple: if people on any side would not sign up (and refuse to be a propaganda victims) there would not be any wars

you think that Hitler would achieve anything if nobody signed up to his army?

nope

wars are staged by a few greedy people who want power and money, and anyone that sign up to their cause make wars possible, including all you people

you think Bush was not a tyrant murderer? how many Iraqis did he killed?

it amazes me that you don't see those simple facts

now, if that makes me selfish and coward, well... so be it

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank you and Respect to all Veterans'
Serving home and abroad.
Past and Present.

Special thoughts to both my grandfather's (WW2) and my dad (Vietnam-era) I am forever grateful that you all came home. Much love.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well said.

We owe them more than we can ever repay.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you to all those that have had the courage to serve our country. You have my heart-felt thanks and admiration. May God keep you safe.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
A Big Thank You to ALL the Veterans/ Past and Present

Thank You Daddy RIP

Thank You My Precious Only Son; I miss you

America:
Land of The Free Because of The Brave

[edit on 11-11-2009 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Thank you, that was very cool.

Thank you to all other posts that were heartfelt.

And Thank you to all those brothers and sisters that I proudly served with.

I also want to thank all those allied vets that served as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join