It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a left, or right brain thinker? Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hmm interesting, and fairly accurate.

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
43% 57%

Your Left Brain Percentages
46% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
31% Sequential
25% Symbolic
14% Verbal
11% Linear
0% Reality-based (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages
82% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
44% Fantasy-oriented
24% Intuitive
19% Nonverbal
18% Holistic
12% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

Wow reality based... 0% ... should I be worried
even thought they say it doesnt mean much

Problem with these tests is, while mostly accurate, thinking about past behaviour and the like im not always like that... but then again im a very ambivalent individual, who can swing from extremes on both sides, or get stuck in the middle. Perhaps my brains no different.

This is what they gave for my nonverbal processing score which is odd...

You have little ability in nonverbal processing. When you process your thoughts and ideas you mainly use words instead of illustrations. For example, if you were giving directions you may say, "Continue traveling west for 3 miles and turn north at the intersection." You would give exact, logical directions in a very sequential manner.

Thing is, while I use mind speak when thinking to my self, its overlayed with visual information, if i tell people directions im picturing the locations as im thinking about them and the steps to get to them... even though ill give concise logical step by step directions, I mean after all why NOT give concise directions to someone
dont want em getting lost then blaming you for lousy directions
they seem to indicate you cant have both at the same time... which I do.

then for Holistic Processing...

You have difficulty seeing the whole picture, especially at the beginning of a project. You tend to process information you receive from its parts to its whole in a straight, progressive manner. When given a task, you tend to not bother asking "why," but instinctively are able to do it.

Hmm completely disagree with that first part im actually the complete opposite, i see the finished product before i even start anything usually. Not to mention it completely contradicts my Linear processing result and explanation, which is basically polar opposite ie...

You tend to have difficulty in processing data in a linear manner. When processing information you tend see the whole picture first and work your way backwards, filling in the pieces as you go. The information you process is not done in a straight, progressive manner, but may take different paths as you start with an assumption and take different paths to discover the threads that lead you to that assumption. Seeing the big picture at the beginning of the process is a necessity for you if you are to understand additional information. When given a task, instead of naturally following directions in a linear fashion, you tend to feel the need to know "why" you are doing something or else you may have difficulty with it.

Anyway... interesting, but its got a few holes in it
maybe I am completely ambivalent, in body, mind and soul and thats what the contradictions indicate... I cant decide either way

Edit:- oh and for the dancing girl ive done her before... It tends to be random, but with a little practice i can alter its direction. Although if I stop and come back after a while I have to practice again to get my brain to point of choosing a direction to the spin.

Its interesting though the OP's results with so many Right brainers... since an old thread had personality type tests and most of us that responded where idealists
or the much greater portion was. Its probably more along the lines that particular personality types and brain types do these test when presented with em... while the other types ignore it

[edit on 24-11-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm left handed, so the right side is at least dominant in that respect.

On the dancer, I can close my eyes and think it to go whichever direction I choose...

On the first test, I got 9 right and 9 left...

On the second, I got:

44% Left 56% Right

40% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Verbal
34% Reality-based
21% Logical
17% Symbolic
16% Linear (Your least dominant characteristic)

50% Random (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
43% Intuitive
36% Holistic
29% Fantasy-oriented
13% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

[edit on 24-11-2009 by joesomebody]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Found this nice picture... thought it would fit in here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d259239b373.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

mine said:

46% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Verbal
40% Reality-based
25% Symbolic
22% Linear
14% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

48% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
42% Holistic
39% Random
32% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
10% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
On the test I was 46% left, 54% right.

I'm at work so can't watch the video, I'm assuming it's that thing with the rotating figure (usually a ballerina?) and if you're left brain it rotates a certain way, and right brain the other way. After watching it for a few seconds I can find the point where it faces the camera and then make it change directions as it passes

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Funny...you can turn chaos' pyramind avatar on page 1, in a similar fashion as the dancer if you switch its rotation by switching your perception from the foreground to the background potion of the pyramids lower perimter as it spins across the middle - which then becomes the bottom of the pyramid as your point of observation switches from above to below, as though we are looking into a hollow dimensional figure...fun!

LOVE

[edit on 1-1-2010 by awake1234]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i found this video of the lady spinning earlier this summer and took the 'test' and i was able to visualise it spinning both ways and able to switch it by focus and a few moments of practise ... that was earlier this summer....

now what.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow this is very accurate and true to how I go about things, just ask me about myself and I'll tell you

Left Brain Right Brain
37% 63%

You are more right-brained than left-brained. The right side of your brain controls the left side of your body. In addition to being known as right-brained, you are also known as a creative thinker who uses feeling and intuition to gather information. You retain this information through the use of images and patterns. You are able to visualize the "whole" picture first, and then work backwards to put the pieces together to create the "whole" picture. Your thought process can appear quite illogical and meandering. The problem-solving techniques that you use involve free association, which is often very innovative and creative. The routes taken to arrive at your conclusions are completely opposite to what a left-brained person would be accustomed. You probably find it easy to express yourself using art, dance, or music. Some occupations usually held by a right-brained person are forest ranger, athlete, beautician, actor/actress, craftsman, and artist.

With the girl I found I could get her to swing both ways

Yay!!!

Now excuse me while I find some tights so I can be a Forrest Ranger.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Yeah i can still make the dancer go both ways. (this test returns to ATS every now and then)

Your first test produced these results:

You responded as a right brained person to 9 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 9questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

And for the other test :

Thank you for taking the Creativity Test. The results show your brain dominance as being:

Left Brain Right Brain
50% 51%

54% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
37% Linear
25% Logical
20% Reality-based
18% Sequential
17% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

39% Intuitive (Your most dominant characteristic)
37% Concrete
34% Random
24% Holistic
20% Fantasy-oriented
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

That is pretty consistant, i'd say.

Star and flag for the thread because you requested it.

Peace

[edit on 2/1/2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Lefthanded = predominantly right brained and the results

The woman goes both ways but it always start off clockwise

15/3 i.e 83% right brained

Funny that my predominant characteristics for the two halves are reality based and Fantasy oriented. Sounds a little borderline personality disorder to me. Or does it mean that a live completely based in the reality of my fantasy world !!

Left Brain - Right Brain
39% - 61%

54% Reality-based (Your most dominant characteristic)
30% Logical
27% Linear
22% Sequential
17% Symbolic
0% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

48% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
42% Holistic
39% Intuitive
32% Nonverbal
23% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The first test did not have answers available that I would need

I got 2 different answers for the tests. So I think im in the middle - everything depends on other factors I suppose. I see the body (in the video) moving clockwise - and only clockwise.

First test:

You responded as a right brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 8questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your right brain the most.

Test 2:

Left Brain Right Brain
52%.........48%

You are more left-brained than right-brained. Your left brain controls the right side of your body. In addition to being known as left-brained, you are also known as a critical thinker who uses logic and sense to collect information. You are able to retain this information through the use of numbers, words, and symbols. You usually only see parts of the "whole" picture, but this is what guides you step-by-step in a logical manner to your conclusion. Concise words, numerical and written formulas and technological systems are often forms of expression for you. Some occupations usually held by a left-brained person include a lab scientist, banker, judge, lawyer, mathematician, librarian, and skating judge.

Your left brain/right brain percentage was calculated by combining the individual scores of each half's sub-categories. They are as follows:

40% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
40% Reality-based
37% Linear
25% Symbolic
20% Verbal
13% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

44% Nonverbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
36% Holistic
24% Intuitive
24% Fantasy-oriented
19% Concrete
17% Random (Your least dominant characteristic

[edit on January 2nd 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake1234
Funny...you can turn chaos' pyramind avatar on page 1, in a similar fashion as the dancer

[edit on 1-1-2010 by awake1234]

Yea I noticed that it kept flipping between a view from the top and bottom of the pyramid. Fun =)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Left Brain 37% | Right Brain 63%

Left Brain Percentages:
40% Verbal (Your most dominant characteristic)
25% Symbolic
22% Linear
20% Reality-based
18% Sequential
17% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

Right Brain Percentages:
48% Holistic (Your most dominant characteristic)
46% Concrete
43% Intuitive
34% Random
32% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

cool I just found this topic, did you know handedness and footedness says a lot too, say if you are right handed but kick left footed...
edit on 12/8/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
18 out of 18 left brained.

It's surprising because you would normally assume left brained to be organized and strictly by the book types, which I am not. I answered to chaos on the organized desk, everything has it's place and solving math questions.

I am one of those "can do it, can't say how" types. Further reading suggests that process is strongly bi-hemispherical.

Interesting test! Thanks - S&F

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join