It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a left, or right brain thinker? Find out here which hemisphere is most dominant.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Your Right Brain Percentages
48% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Random
29% Intuitive
25% Nonverbal
18% Holistic
0% Concrete (Your least dominant characteristic)

0% For concrete?!
What is that all about?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Your Concrete Analysis

When you process information you have received, the real object is not important to you. You do not have to use the real object to make sense of what you have processed. For example, if solving a math problem you do not have to "draw out" the problem in order to find or understand the answer, and you do not have to visualize something to understand it. However, this also means you often neglect the physical information provided by a concrete example. In other words, you may miss the forest for the trees, trying to deduce something complex when the answer is plain to see.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Weird, I got Left brain 18/0, even with random selection where a 3rd option of "both" would have applied. I couldn't get her to turn clockwise. My wife though swore that when she first seen it, it was anti-clockwise, but changed to clockwise, and couldn't adjust to clockwise again. Reminds me of the other visual test with the rotating clowns mask.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Here are my "current" results. Normally, on other tests I always tested exactly 50/50 and for two decades I have intentionally split my day between the logical and the creative to stay "balanced". Seems today's results show I've been researching a bit too much lately and need to try to swing back to the middle.

================================

You responded as a right brained person to 8 questions, and you responded as a left brained person to 10questions. According to the Hemispheric Dominance test, you use your left brain the most.

================================

Left Brain Right Brain
60% 40%

Your Left Brain Percentages

48% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
47% Verbal
40% Sequential
34% Reality-based
25% Symbolic
13% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

29% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
28% Concrete
25% Nonverbal
24% Holistic
24% Intuitive
12% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Actually after reading the results, my brain seems to have a lot of internal conflict on how it likes to process data from one situation to the next

Might make sense as to why when I answer questions, if I lose those answers, my answer will be different the second time as it was the first time...

One says I don't rely on verbal input, the other says I do - both are about the same percentage.

It also ranks low on logical, however, I always score very high on logic tests

I think my mind works very differently sometimes vs others... or something lol. Maybe THAT'S why I can never make up my mind!

I just know that my thinking patterns don't seem very linear to me. If I can't remember something, I'll remember it 2 days later doing something completely unrelated.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Left Brain Right Brain
29% 71%

34% Symbolic (Your most dominant characteristic)
27% Linear
14% Sequential
14% Reality-based
7% Verbal
5% Logical (Your least dominant characteristic)

48% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
45% Random
44% Nonverbal
37% Concrete
20% Intuitive
18% Holistic (Your least dominant characteristic)

Peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I thought i would share my results seeing the of others having small differences with each side and then seeing my results.
Why is there such a big difference in mine. I feel special ('
')

I had cover my one eye to make her stop going clockwise..

Left Brain Right Brain
29% 71%

27% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
22% Linear
14% Reality-based
13% Logical
0% Symbolic
0% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

44% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
42% Holistic
37% Concrete
34% Intuitive
23% Random
19% Nonverbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

[edit on 11-11-2009 by somthing]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I can't get videos so I didn't click those. I've seen the dancer one on a web page a few years back ... she spins both ways for about 1/2 to 1 full rotation before switching.

My OLD homemade ATS avatar used the spin right and left concept ... but now, gifs don't work for avatars. If they do, let me know how to do it and I'll switch out this current 'substitute'. Then you'd have a right/left spinner avatar back. (No, it wasn't the dancer, it was one I made myself.)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, I finally seen the video - Clockwise, 100%, no matter what I do. It's so dominantly clockwise that I can't make sense of how people can see it going the other way. More confusing since one test said I'm completely left brain, another that I was 54% right brained, and this one says I'm right brained.

I am the least creative person I know...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
I am the least creative person I know...

Odd, I'm the least creative person I know too!

To be fair, others have disagreed though. Art teacher said I was the highest "abstract artist". I hated that! I wanted to do surrealism!

An online 3D virtual art university made me the top ranking professor for "creative building". DUH!

I can't draw stick figures well enough though. Shrinks want SEX on the critters!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Haven't done the other tests yet, only watched the youtube video so far. It hadn't changed for me at all until a little after two minutes into it and so I thought, HA! They get you to concentrate intently and then switch it on you ... That thought last oh, the two seconds it took to go back 20 seconds to where it was going originally only to find it wasn't back to how I normally saw it at first, it stayed flipped.

Pretty cool trick, would love to learn more about that!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maybe I just don't know where my creativity lies

I have no drawing/painting abilities what-so-ever, but I can take decent pictures so I'm told. Maybe that's where it's at

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
According to the tests I am Right side dominant. As for the Dancing woman it took me a min or so but i was able to pick a feature and then switch wich side she was turning.

At first she is always going clockwise, but if i concentrate on her foot that is pivoting I can switch which way she is going rather easily.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Very interesting and informative thread!! Thank you

There are many things in this world that we cant explain but how the mind works is still the biggest mystery!! Its always an interesting subject!

S&F

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I didn't copy my screen but it came down to

70% left brain - 30% right brain and sequential was my most dominant trait.

Not sure if that's good or bad

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Left Brain 55%
Right Brain 45%

35% Sequential (Your most dominant characteristic)
34% Logical
27% Linear
20% Reality-based
17% Symbolic
14% Verbal (Your least dominant characteristic)

36% Fantasy-oriented (Your most dominant characteristic)
28% Concrete
24% Holistic
19% Nonverbal
12% Random
10% Intuitive (Your least dominant characteristic)

I was unsure on a few of the questions, but the results sound somewhat accurate.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I didn't copy my screen but it came down to 70% left brain - 30% right brain and sequential was my most dominant trait. Not sure if that's good or bad

There is no bad. Your brain is just individual in the way it processes information... Just like you can't argue with someone who sees the girl spinning the opposite way than you do. It's just the way you perceive things.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by somedude

I've noticed the majority of people who have posted here have an average of 5% difference in their scores.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can't believe people see that dancer turning anti-clockwise, I've been staring at for 20 minutes, and I can't get it to turn anti-clockwise with my eyes, it keeps turning clockwise 100%.

I got to say it's very annoying.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by SatanChrist]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Left Brain Right Brain
46% 54%

38% Logical (Your most dominant characteristic)
35% Sequential
27% Linear
27% Reality-based
20% Verbal
17% Symbolic (Your least dominant characteristic)

46% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
43% Intuitive
34% Holistic
32% Fantasy-oriented
25% Nonverbal
24% Random (Your least dominant characteristic)

an interesting test for sure

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join