Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Have I caught Hoagland in a major blatant lie?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I was reading the replies at the thread: "Richard C Hoagland predicts Moon Structure/Possible ET Disclosure in Weeks." when I came upon Tricky63's reply. Ricky63 says: ["Heres a new pic he posted."Crystal Ruins" Cant tell where this is thou its so cropped.
Would love for the photo pros here to take a look at this.] "Crystal Ruins" is a link so I clicked on it. I was taken to Hoagland's Enterprise Mission webpage [www.enterprisemission.com...] where at the top it says:
[Hoagland Special "Secrets Conference" Workshop
November 21, 2009 -- Tempe, Arizona]

Underneath the above announcement is this photo with the description of what the photo shows underneath:

NASA-LRO Image of More "Crystalline Ruins on the Moon" ....

Continuing to read the text you come upon the following sentence:
[Extraordinary additional information, not broadcast in the SyFy show – including, stunning new official images from NASA’s] with "stunning new official images" as a highlighted link. That link takes one to: [h__p://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc_browse/view/M109569228LE (I removed the tt in http so as not to trigger you going there before you're ready.) That page features a strange vertical strip which is a photo titled "Landslides in Marius Crater". The photo has controls on the bottom which let you manipulate the zoom and up and down movement. As soo as I saw the photo I thought it looked familiar and I considered that the photo of the landslides was being used in Hoagland's website but called "Crystalline Ruins on the Moon" ... except that Hoagland rotated the photo! I took digital photos off my computer monitor and when I was able to view them on the Windows Fax and Picture Viewer I was able to rotate Hoagland's photo to compare it to the landslides and they were a match!

Here is the photo found at the lroc.asu.edu...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by The Shrike]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Ha! Didn't realise Hoagland layed claim to this image.

It was being discussed here just yesterday, looks like the OP pinched the image straight from Hoaglands website.

I don't think it's too difficult to catch Hoagland on a lie though, but nice work either way

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hoagiland is a tool. Period. He peaked my interest in the beginning, but after listening to his outlandish claims and narcissistic carrying on, I wouldn't doubt he tried to take credit for this photo as something else.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

i would say u definatly caught him in a lie...but didnt you allready know he made stuff up for profit?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hoagland lies all the time. Hoagland has been saying for over 12 years that I know of that disclosure is coming next week.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Hoagland have always given me bad vibes. He comes across as a narcissist who doesn't hesitate to manipulate the evidence to fit whatever explantion he's come up with. This picture proves that.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I caught Hoagland in a lie once too..I walked by him and he had his mouth open so I knew he must by lying.

Nice job nailing him though.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Wait, you do realize Hoagland is just an entertainer, right?

He's a story teller, presenting his fictional world as the real world. It's just entertainment man.

To say you caught him in a lie means you got caught confusing fact with fiction.

Same goes for a lot of C2C guests. It's an entertainment show but they do sometimes have on real people with real stories, but Hoagland is most definitely NOT on of those people.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
He has been riding on that "I was a science adviser on CBS." BS for 40 years now.

I don't find him credible and even more so since he hooked up with David Wilcock who thinks dinosaurs are time travelers.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good catch. I listen to Hoagland very carefully and I have notice a few things lately. He did a C2C interview and blasted Edgar Mitchell.He claims Edgar had his memory wiped thats why he doesnt remember seeing anything
. Now....what im getting from him is that anyone who doents "see" things the way he does is either an dis info agent or a liar or just doesnt remember. In another interview for C2C he commented on David Wilcox "disclosure" comment. Now get this he says that David is being lied to by some insiders and he shouldnt trust them.

Here is a guy who says he has "insiders" that he uses as sources that only collaberates (sp) what he alreadyknows
. ......ok. But here is the thing that blows it for him imo. A very thin almost non existant atmosphere was found by the chinese I think. Hoagland claims that this atmosphere wasnt there when the Apollo missions where there why? because he saw the data. So if NASA is lying about about a moon base run by humans from earth,tampering with pics and so on the thought that he could be looking at false data couldnt be the case here is the kicker....the reason for the atmosphere just popping up out of nowhere is because...wait for it........air locks being open at the secret nazi moon bases

I use to be a fan of Hoagland.Not that I belived what he says it was his way of using "real" data to express his views. As with everthing I do I take new info on the subject of aliens and ruins on the moon and mars with a pinch of salt. It seems that every since this "disclosure at the end of the year" thing came about things are tasting really salty lately.

Even thou I believe in the possiblity of intellegent alien life and the possibilty that we may have been visited my brains have not fallen out of my head. Thanks for keeping it real Shrike its guys like you that keep guys like me in check

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Tricky63]

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Tricky63]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yes, why bother trying to catch such an ignorant fool like Hoagland in a lie? The man makes stuff up all the time. There is an invisible elf that lives under my desk and has a thing for wide brimmed hats. Prove me wrong. Can't? Well, then I must be right.

Trying to discredit Hoagland is impossible, so don't bother. It's not impossible because he is right about anything or can back up what he asserts, just impossible because the people that worship at the alter of Hoagland are just as blind and as ignorant as he is, and any attempt you make to show these fools the light falls on deaf ears anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I have never liked hoagland, jordan maxwell said it best about him, about how he stole private conversation between them, and said it was his work, lol. Like so many in this truth movement they are out to make money for themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Wait, you do realize Hoagland is just an entertainer, right?

He's a story teller, presenting his fictional world as the real world. It's just entertainment man.

To say you caught him in a lie means you got caught confusing fact with fiction.

Same goes for a lot of C2C guests. It's an entertainment show but they do sometimes have on real people with real stories, but Hoagland is most definitely NOT on of those people.

You're right, I misnamed the thread. I should have used the wod "hoax" instead of "lie." I should have given this more thought but I wanted to get it on the record before Hoagland's page was changed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm probably being really dim here - tough day - but what was the 'lie' you are claiming to have caught him in? I read the OP I just didn't spot the lie. He is referring to the anomalies in the picture differently to NASA obviously because he believes they are not what NASA claims they are. That wouldn't be a lie, it would be a different interpretation of the evidence. And he has the picture oriented differently to NASA, which also isn't a lie, if he feels that's how it should be oriented, or if he feels that orientation makes the nature of these anomalies more clear (NASA fiddles with images all the time). Finally, according to you, Hoagland even has a link from his version of the photo on his site which takes you directly to NASA's - so he doesn't appear to be hiding anything either.

So obviously I'm missing something.

Can you point out the lie more clearly?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcram

I'm probably being really dim here - tough day - but what was the 'lie' you are claiming to have caught him in? I read the OP I just didn't spot the lie. He is referring to the anomalies in the picture differently to NASA obviously because he believes they are not what NASA claims they are. That wouldn't be a lie, it would be a different interpretation of the evidence. And he has the picture oriented differently to NASA, which also isn't a lie, if he feels that's how it should be oriented, or if he feels that orientation makes the nature of these anomalies more clear (NASA fiddles with images all the time). Finally, according to you, Hoagland even has a link from his version of the photo on his site which takes you directly to NASA's - so he doesn't appear to be hiding anything either.

So obviously I'm missing something.

Can you point out the lie more clearly?

In case you didn't read the reply above yours I said I erred in using the term "lie" and I cannot correct the title of the thread. I would change it to hoax because even though Hoagland provides a link to another page, what he has done to bring attention to himself is rotate a NASA-LRO photo showing natural features - landslides - and then adding, in effect, that "his" photo shows more "Crystalline Ruins on the Moon" as if he had shown any photots showing irrefutable crystalline ruins on the moon.

He deliberately rotated the photo from the way NASA shows it and misnames it. It is a lie, it is a hoax. I don't care that he thinks NASA is lying over a simple matter that astronomers and geologists could agree on. You can do your own research and find the photo of Marius Crater and see if it shows natural landslides or it shows ridiculous "crystalline ruins." Which one would you prefer, a prosaic explanation supported by geology or a fantasy declaration by someone who is known to not be operating with all 8 cylinders (no 6 cylinder jokes, please).

He doesn't have a case for crystalline ruins or any kind of artificial ruins on the moon, he makes it up as he goes along. He could have announced his "Secrets Conference" without resorting to chicanery.

Yes, I agree with you: "So obviously I'm missing something."

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
hhmm.. I don't see the hoax. Yes. I believe the guy is brilliant. and I can tell you that he stole my work as well. I won't though because THAT would be a lie. I read through all of this and, though, Im not deaf, I do follow hoaglands works pretty well. WHy? because for hogland to be a hoaxter, why would he post not only his findings and referendum, but how he came to the conclusion as well, mathematical algorithms and all that, and allow users to do the math themselves, to check his teams work? Secondly all the credit he received he gives to his team mates as well, and as for making money, where do you come to that conclusion? yes he makes a small bit from his seminars, but he also pays the people that do the majority of the work, the set up and all the PR stuff too.

And as stated above, yes.. he even said he flipped the photo over, because thats somethign NASA does as well. HE flipped it over because when in reverse it lookes exactly like what he intended to show..... crystal ruins. I would say thats more saying "hey.. this is what I get out of this.. how about you?" Seriously man.. why stick to only flipping an image when the rest of your readers can do the same and know you are full of bullocks 40 yrs into the game? thats retarded... this thread is merely an over excited name calling session.. seriously, where do you get your info? and you cannot tell me from Hoaglands site. I go there frequently.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yes, I agree with you: "So obviously I'm missing something."

I would agree you are missing something as well OP. Try looking further into the guy. there is this neat tool called "Research" . this way you dont come off all fanatical and all that, but then again.. I am speaking to deaf ears as it is. You wont do the research, and you will carry on with this mind numbing bullocks regardless of whats said. THat being said.. have fun in your little arbitrary world.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hoagland makes me laugh. Just the other week on C2C he was trying to link in the baby pram that rolled in front of the train in Australia with his 'Hyperdimensional Physics' predictions for 2012!

What The!

You have to laugh at the poor guys desperation for attention!

IRM :shk:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Ah, OK. I see I wasn't missing anything. I don't think you've caught him in a lie or a hoax or chicanery, or anything remotely like it. It appears you just despise him or his conclusions - which is fair enough. Lots of other people in this thread clearly loathe him too, which is why nobody bothered until now to pull you up on your false accusation - they were too busy taking the excuse to jump on the bash Hoagland regardless bandwagon.

He is within his rights to describe the photo any way he wants in a presentation in which he is suggesting the photo shows something that he is newly claiming it to be - he's hardly going to label it "landslides" when he is specifically making the argument that they are not landslides, but crystal structures, is he? And he is quite within his rights to flip the photo in order to better show what he thinks the anomalies are. This is all pretty standard fare and is nothing whatsoever like a "lie" or a "hoax". NASA flips photos too, and subjects them to all sorts of distortions. He is allowed to have his own interpretation on anomalies, even if you think they are ridiculous. His site was open in providing direct links to the original NASA source.

I don't think you have a case for your claims here. Not in the least.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I really hate to be the outcast here in the discussion, but I'm having a difficult time understanding how this information is a lie or hoax by Hoagland, if you know how the information was presented on his site. Hoagland has been wrong about some things, but he has also been right about some things. I don't think anyone can deny that he's a pretty smart guy that doesn't make much money from any of this. The best scientists on the planet are also wrong about some things, and right about some things, by the way.

As for the photo in question, I have to say that it does not at all look like a landslide to me. Something about some of the shadows and the structure of some of the lines in the picture suggests to me that it isn't a landslide. Crystals? I don't know. I don't think Nasa is correct in saying they are landslides. Nasa has been wrong before, and Nasa has also lied before as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join