It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministers cancel 'Big Brother' database

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ministers cancel 'Big Brother' database

www.independent.co.uk

Plans to store information about every phone call, email and internet visit in the United Kingdom have in effect been abandoned by the Government.

The Home Office confirmed the "Big Brother" scheme had been delayed until after the election amid protests that it would be intrusive and open to abuse. Although ministers publicly insisted yesterday that they remained committed to the scheme, they have decided not to include the contentious measure in next week's Queen's Speech...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Looks like Britain has dodged a bullet for the time-being. It'll be interesting to see what the future brings, however.

NOTE: I know that this link was posted in the other topic, but I've seen too many examples of people missing or ignoring links posted after the first post, so I feel this needed its own topic to be brought to attention.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsuki-no-Hikari

No Bullets dodged, methinks.
Im judging your not in the uk? Britain couldn't pull that kind of database together, and couldn't monitor it if they did - their hopeless at intergration and their hands are tied by FOIA and Data protection. Same as the internet piracy mandelson is going to stop - they have no clue how they will achieve it, its empty rhetoric.

This is all just political posturing because of a pending election. But it keeps the sheeple amused, and it makes it look like they are doing a good job.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wow - it only took 7 years. Awesome.

new topics

top topics

join