It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Rice Me Up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

THE PHILIPPINES is rocking the world of rice trade as it prepares to buy a record 600,000 metric tons of grade B (25 percent brokens) white rice via open tender.

Naqi said the Dec. 1 tender is notable in that the National Food Authority, “arguably the biggest buyer of rice in the world today,” is in the market again about a week after its first tender for 2010 supply and this time with a record quantity of 600,000 tons.

“What international trade will read from this is the seriousness of shortage situation in Philippines. We are talking about an importation of about 1 million tons in less than 30 days!” he said.

business.inquirer.net...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So, my country is again set to cause rice price upswing? We singlehandedly caused the massive rice surge last year that caused food riots from Egypt to Haiti to Indonesia to Bangladesh. And even big American chains rationed their stocks of rice.

Still think we're poor?

business.inquirer.net...

Background: www.abs-cbnnews.com...

edition.cnn.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Goldman Sachs > your country = not impressing me

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

How about Goldman Sachs + my country = more American suffering =

EDIT: Also, did anyone die from oil protests? Or a hungry stomach really stops people from bending over more than an empty gas tank?

[edit on 11/10/2009 by eldard]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

People die everyday at the hands of goldman one way or another every day i am guessing.

top topics

join