It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noaa: Third Coldest October on record...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

And the PETM was a notable period of rapid prolonged climate change with mass extinctions, lol. Can you see the PETM on the graph you posted earlier?

Yes, and I read PETM Weirdness There are many factors other than CO2 involved.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
Yes, and I read PETM Weirdness There are many factors other than CO2 involved.

Likely true, carbon doesn't magically appear in the atmosphere. There were likely triggers of the event. But the point is that thousands of GtC appeared in the atmosphere underpinning a rapid and prolonged period of climate change.

If a cold october in the US allows you to ignore the larger issues, that's fine. Suppose it's a bit like rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

Ciao.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Or just look at the UAH raw data since 1978 ...

Right. I quit using woodfortrees.org when I realized that the "trend line" doesn't change, regardless of the dataset or period. It's fixed when it shouldn't be, it will even appear positive when you reverse the order.

GIGO.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Right. I quit using woodfortrees.org when I realized that the "trend line" doesn't change, regardless of the dataset or period. It's fixed when it shouldn't be, it will even appear positive when you reverse the order.

GIGO.

Errrmmm...

Take a timeout, man, I think you're losing it.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

If a cold october in the US allows you to ignore the larger issues, that's fine.

Fine with me too. But.. another perspective here on ATS, based on an October NOAA weather summary is a good thing, IMHO.

Tks for your input, Mel!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join