It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Illegal For Everyone To Just Stay Home?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

The argument of "I cant afford to", I'll reply to with "can we afford not too"?

Allow me to address this singular point because it IS, undoubtedly, a prime motivating factor.

In fact, I, myself and my family, cannot afford to miss work days even over issues of great philosophical, humanitarian or conscientious import. The collective 'we' may be able to justify it but... I do not have that luxury.

If I don't pay the bills and stock the pantry, the 'we' is those in this house without a home or with empty stomachs. If they ask why the bills didn't get paid or that pantry stocked, telling them that we are under a bridge and hungry for a really good cause... is not going to mean a lot.

I sympathize and genuinely understand your message... but for a great many of us, just not doing the things of life is just not what we can do.

Best

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not to mention that if you are self sufficient, you won't impact demand in the slightest, you just do what you do anyway.
And if you need to stock up for your "Week/day of consumer protest" you actually give the "system" an advance payment.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well if I use the input so far, and apply it to a nation, I'd come to understand, that the status quo is still acceptable.
As far as "things suck" I was being general so I wouldnt have a long boring initial read, as far as needing to "pay the bills",
exactly my point, the fear of the system or abandonment of it holds the population in a blind bound slavery, we just dont "see the master" we think we're free, yet an act of freedom carried out in mass will generate negative response, and fear of what the "masters will do"?
I think if a nation united PRIOR to chaotic transition forced upon them they would have a better chance of controlling their outcome, being proactive and not so reactive like we've been.
I would rather a date for such an event be more like the 2nd week in January right before the state of the union address,
and just for clarity, i have 4 kids, i have 2 jobs, my wife has 2 jobs, i'm not heavily mortgaged or in debt, i've adjusted as employment has left my area several times, i dont collect welfare or unemployment, i'm just one person disgusted with the fear that has crippled us, and in just 1 generation turned so many of us into fearful waiting complaining statistics.
I'm not saying I have the answers at all, but I would want to believe that between ALL of us, OUR ACTUAL VOICES, not the paper voices not the false voices not the made for tv voices our representatives and pretend leaders spew, but our combined voices that are put into action PRIOR
would carry some weight and have an effect.
There will be calamity, there already is, and it will get worse,
I'm just proposing to take some control rather than be soooooo controlled.
There must also be another side to the equal sign SO
I'd also like to hear why there SHOULDNT be anything like this attempted and the benefits of sitting idle and doing nothing like this.
And I will do my best to more specific.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Are we all that wealthy that we can just stop working?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Are we all that wealthy that we can just stop working?

Obviously the answers no, and I could speculate and spin the wheel of one thousand random answers as to why we're not all wealthy.
This is not about stopping shopping, or spending cash, pre loading the pantry, or living under a bridge, or causing harm,
THE CURRENT progress of the process will have all that happening soon enough.
This is about giving into the idea and actually participating in self governance.
There's nothing wrong with success and wealth, but there is simething wrong with the corrupted ways in which its obtained by some and stripped from others.
Sure it has always been a part of the world, I know I'll see that written back, but why are there soooo many replys across the boards in these forums with answers hinged on "giving in and giving up" or "what are they going to do to us next"? or TPTB '?
I never understood why hundreds or thousands of amassed people could allow a few armed people control them,
I'm beginning to understand that it starts BEFORE it ever gets to that point.
It starts like it is now,
complacent
dictionary.reference.com...
until one day everyones a post crisis prophet and shouts "oh i saw this coming" but by that time its
complaisant
www.merriam-webster.com...
and youre under a boot so far and hard that you'll do whatever you have to, to save your loved ones...
a job will be a luxury,
your rulers having a USE for you will be the subject of many prayers.
And I dont wish that on anyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Just to be sure that I wasn't too old and decrepit to gain a full grasp of what is being suggested here, I shared this thread with my youngest daughter; a senior in college and very much aware of the ebbs and flows of current thought.

Her reply to me was that... "Idealism is a beautiful thing. So is a fairy tale. We can change the world by leading it in the right direction. We don't need to kidnap it and hold it for ransom."

*sigh* Out of the mouths of babes...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Thats fine, and her advise on leading is what?
Idealism starts with an idea, realism is right outside the door and a finger pointing at her future.
She along with you are happy with those prospects?
Comments are great, comments with an alternative path are even better,
RARE here but always better.

and make no mistake about my age as well, i'm able aggressive and long in tooth.
Your quote in signature is fitting, for application and action as well, I'm sure it was chosen for more than decoration.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well LOL

They have not arrested me yet!
I read "although fast" all the posts and can only speak for myself, as it applies to the OP, NO they have not came for me yet!
Been setting on my but "surviving" for 15 years now, apparently its legal.
I also admit to being, "anti-sober" for most of it, but for the most part I abide by the rules....well Vegas rules anyhow.....
Funny how the rules of the ruthless apply in real life!

I believe Janis Joplin said it best....."Freedom is only nothing left to do/fear!"
did i quoute her right? oops sorry if not...

Its just FREEDOM ppl, wake up!

Maybe I'm just a sucker and spent 5 years income paying off debt to be left free....albeit I'm a little nomadic, I always end up home...

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Whats your thoughts Doc, I always read what you enter with a bit of interest and insight.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
YES IT IS!What are you al'quida!?!?! you have to go to the mall or go to a foot ball game! don't stay home! your one of those people who read too much hua!?!? You're one of those troother aren't you? listen up boy! do as i say! im the law! drink your fluoride! it is healthy and delicious! Take your vaccine damn you! A little poison never heart any one!

HAHA jk jk, I think one day we all should all just stay home. show them we don't need them.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
HEA
I'm honored to know someone would read something I post and think I have any kind of logical input.....for I am not a properly educated man!

I follow the logic that a library card is worth more than most college degees! All it takes is a bit of self control/respect..

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and I'm already retired.
Just feels theres nothing left to do/prove that has not been done, I can't keep up with todays modern cowboys!
I would rather slip around town a bit, then go to the creek for a bit "months" I can only handle so much of the whole beuaracracy thing "I get a little nervey"
But I still got to clean up, and come into society to keep from going insane!
I get my fill of that pretty quick though and go back to my nomadic wonderings!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Not sure it would work, but beautiful idea. I've seen this tried in California every year except this one (moved before it could happen). In CA there is generally a "Day without Immigrants" held every year. This is when all the (mostly mexican) immigrants skip work, take their kids out of school, withdraw from "the system" to protest in LA and wave Mexican flags.

Never works. The rest of us were enjoying a day we could drive on the freeways, teach classes in english, find parking spaces and bash those showing flags of another country on tv while demanding amnesty in ours.

I think something more effective would be needed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I believe it was "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose, nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free".

I again affirm that not spending money is a better way to rattle cages then not earning money.

Don't "buy in" to their system and see if you get noticed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I looked for "national strike articles" and found these for a start,
they cover a span of time, and I did, read them,
I'm now temporarily a grinning bobble head.

www.seiu.org...

www.dailygrail.com...

nationalstrike.wordpress.com...

www.dailykos.com...:National-strike-for-health-care-reformMonday,-July-6th

ipsnews.net...

www.wsws.org...

www.ueunion.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
A non violent approach

Something I can definitely stand behind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join