It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussies read this....Rememberance Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.... 11am on Wed the 11th show your respect to all the brave that have lost their lives for our countries, and to those still serving.

[edit on 10/11/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Cicked on your thread exactly at 11 minutes past 11.
Thnx OZ

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Not enough people pay attention to rememberance day....i got 12 minutes to go in my time zone

One minutes silence outside in the sun for me

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yep I stopped for a minute from my war with a bees nest to remember those that have fallen for us.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
700+ people in one room sitting completely silent for a minute. I will always remember what those members of my family, and brave Australians, did for their country.

I don't want this to be seen as shameless promotion of a thread, just a tribute to those who gave their lives. Remember

Roswell.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I just returned from services here in Canada.
More people showed up than usual, in years past the crowd was a little thin, much to my dismay.

No gun this year to start the two minutes of silence, but a base drum sounded and the crowd fell silent. We were interrupted by the sound of sirens in the distance, but the quiet of several thousand people was very touching.

I make a point of attending every year mostly out of respect for those that fought so hard, and sacrificed so much so that I could have the peaceful life I've had.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95c3b6bfe80a.jpg[/atsimg]

During the service I reflected on friends I have serving in Afghanistan, and I will call several friends today and let them know they are in my thoughts today with their loved ones so far away and in peril.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
That was fantastic Roswell!

Dont worry about advertising it, im glad you did. When it comes down to it, its not about the number of threads here about the same thing, its a matter of remembering those who have fallen, fighting for the country we live in today.

Nice work

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Removes car club hat and respectfully bows head in moment of silence.

To those who never made it back home:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
..... from a REAL Christian

God is with you ... Thanks

.... chadannas .... grinding those falseys again ?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm in the US, but have to stop in and drop off some honors for the Aussie servicemen and women. I'm opposed to every conflict currently going on in our world, but if it were the soldiers who got to pick and choose their fights, none of them would be going on right now.

A personal moment of silence for your fallen and grieving.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't come to BTS much, but this is one time I made it a purpose to come.

My sincerest respect to ALL Australian troops. May God bless them all especially the ones in harms way.

To those who have fallen, may they rest in peace and that people never forget the sacrifices these brave troops made to making the world a better place.

Semper Fi

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Peace and respect to veterans of past and to the men/women serving today, wherever in the world they may be...

*I know I'm late, I'm sorry that I missed this thread yesterday*

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thank you for linking this thread from ATS because I may have missed it otherwise.

Much respect to the Australian service members for all of their service and sacrifices.

For me, when it comes to topics like this, there can never be too many threads or posts thanking the brave men and women for their sacrifices.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A day or more late...My apologies.

To our friends and allies from a Yank.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join