It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

canning a door?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
who has ever heard of this prank?

get a roll or two of duct tape, enough to cover the door you are about to prank. make a wall of duct tape in the shape of the door, making one side sticky. take a bunch of cans, crush them, then stick them to the sticky side of the duct tape. make sure to cover all but the last inch or two of the duct tape. this extra inch or two will be used to stick the can wall to the door frame. make sure it sticks to the outside of the door, as you will want the person to open the door, only to see cans in front of him or her.

anyway. i had never heard of it until just recently, and it seems kind of pointless. clue me in if i am wrong.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Actually it seems like a good prank. No one hurt, someone confused. Yea, I approve of this prank.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
i just dont get the point of it. all i know is that i have heard of it. problem is, you posted a video of simply stacking the cans so that they will fall into the room when the door is opened. the one i was talking about was where you crush up some cans and make a duct tape wall, then stcik the cans to the duct tape, then stick the duct tape wall to the door frame. so there's really no point to it?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

Well, not your version, the point of the version I posted was to make a lot of noise, presumably to someone that was very hung over. It's harmless fun. Sometimes a prank doesn't have to hurt or maim someone to be funny. Sometimes it can just be annoying.

Look up "The Invisible Rope Trick" for an example of a prank that is harmless but can cause some confusion.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

I think the point of it is to make it seem there is a huge pile of crushed cans outside your door rather than just a thin wall of them, I can see how that could be funny.
Imagine seeing someones arm come through the other side as if their attempting to swim through them to escape.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

haha yeah that would be pretty funny. so what are some sort of strange or different or unique pranks that you've heard of?

top topics

join