It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women have a human right to taxpayer paid abortions? I don't think so!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
if that unborn child is threatening the health and well being of the mother, then yes, it should be paid for by the new healthcare system.......
just like well, if you get skin cancer because you were dumb enough to lay out in the sun seeking that nice dark tan every day of your life, well, we're paying for that stupid mistake, aren't we??
if it's not a healthrisk, well, then it's elective surgery, isn't it? my current insurance policy doesn't cover alot of elective proceedures.

but, the day that I am hearing about women dying even when their doctors knew they were heading for major problems because some amoung us want to enforce their standards onto the rest of us, well, that will be the day that having sex will be seen by me as more dangerous to my health than cigarettes, and I will share that view with many, many women!! maybe even your wife!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

It's racist from that perspective sure. But what if some Sharpton-esque individual were to donate funds for black abortions because he wanted to help the poor black mothers who couldnt afford the procedure? Is that racist because he doesnt want to help the poor non-black mothers who cant afford the procedure?

Racist by intent I suppose. Though the action remains the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Its growing.
Its Alive.
Its growing.
Its ALIVE.
A tomato seed sprouting is a tomato plant.
Its cell division, its growing its alive, no matter what a panel says in court, its common sense.
Should we pay for it to be killed, and thats what's happening, its being killed, should we pay for it, as post coital birth control?
NO......

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So I take that most of you are against the death penalty.. I mean they are alive.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Well if something was going to kill me I would find a way to come up with the 500 bucks to save my life. This is not like cancer treatment that could run into the hundreds of thousandsof dollars. It is a one time charge of 500 bucks.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Thanks for being candid and giving us a real opinion of "Vacuum Aspiration". There are other types of abortion as well. You may want to list them. You wouldn't want everyone to think the "vacuum cleaner" method is the only grizzly way it gets done.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by wdkirk]

[edit on 10-11-2009 by wdkirk]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

To be honest both seem racist to me. Isn't part of racism showing preference to one race over another?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by wdkirk

Yeah I guess it does. Don't you find that to be horrendous? How would you like it if your mother decided to have you sucked out in pieces?

I am just givng a visual wording of what actually happens. It is not a pretty thing,so why should I try to make it so.

This thread is nothing but trolling.

The wording you use, the approach you've taken, the use of terms such as "child" where they dont apply-they are all classic rhetoric of a troll.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

REad this reply to the tune of "its my life and I will do what I want".

It's my thread and I will do what I want

It's my thread and I will do what I like

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by galatea
So I take that most of you are against the death penalty.. I mean they are alive.

I am against the death penalty for an innocent life, a life totally at the mercy of the mother its inside,
I am NOT against the death penalty for a 40 year old man who made a choice to smash in a womans skull and rape her then murder her and her family.
There are obvious differences...dont play stupid

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble here of anti abortion but is already legislation that prohibit elective abortion pay by tax payer only abortion that are due to danger of death of the mother, incest and rape is allowed under the Medicare or Medicaid for poor womens and at the discretion of the states.

Obviously taking into consideration that people have no clue about legislation in this nation no wonder this type of discussions are allowed base on nothing but propaganda.

The issue in this debate is that we have anti abortions taking advantage of a loophole to ban abortion even if the person is paying additional supplemental insurance out of her pocket, that is what the issue is here, this anti abortion and religious zealots wants to have the government prohibiting the private insurance from having extra insurance for people's private use

Learn the facts before starting the bashing, tax payer already pay for abortion in extreme situations and at the discretion of individual states.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

In the literal sense it absolutely is. In the modern on a whim inherently worthless American sense the definition is much more vague.

How else can a government rationalize combating racism by enforcing institutionalized racism by law by way of affirmative action?

But this is all pretty off topic.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Oh now cmon. Have you ever read a comment I have made on this site and not accused me of being a troll. This isnot trolling. It is choosing words to paint a picture ofwhat is acutally happening.

Do you think if these babies had "pro-choice" that they would choose to die? Lets look at it what it is. Two life forms go in and one life form comes out.

However if you want to make a post in here to try to paint it all as magic faries taking the baby to happyland feel free.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by wdkirk

REad this reply to the tune of "its my life and I will do what I want".

It's my thread and I will do what I want

It's my thread and I will do what I like

Exactly the response I expected to get. Its all about you and your opinion and damn anyone else who differs.

Substitute the words "my thread" for "my body" and you may have just made the connection you need to make to a pregnant woman.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

well, it costs a heck of alot less for a mom to bring their runny nosed kid to the doctor, just to learn that the kids has a cold.....
and taxmoney is paying for that!!
guess I got my answer though, as far as you are concerned, the mother could die, but don't take your money, not if it's for an abortion, even if it would save her life!!

so, well, I chose not to pitch in and pay for any tumors you might develope in your lifetime!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Oh now cmon. Have you ever read a comment I have made on this site and not accused me of being a troll. This isnot trolling. It is choosing words to paint a picture ofwhat is acutally happening.

Do you think if these babies had "pro-choice" that they would choose to die? Lets look at it what it is. Two life forms go in and one life form comes out.

However if you want to make a post in here to try to paint it all as magic faries taking the baby to happyland feel free.

I'm sorry, have I ever even spoken to you before?

Using terms, as I said, like 'child" where they dont apply, and saying things liek "sucking a kid out with a vaccuum cleaner" is trolling in its purest form. You do not want discourse, you want to put gruesome images in peoples heads, in the pathetic attempt that you can get someone to think based on emotion, not logic, and get them to come to your side.

Ive seen this argument 100's of times. Interestingly enough, your side ALWAYS uses the exact same words an phrasing.

Why is that?

link   
My opinion is that abortion topics are lose lose.

However, I get really annoyed with MEN and their opinions on women's bodies. When you have your very own vagina, cervix and uterus then you can decide what's right for you life and your situation.

The govt should not be able to decide what happens in your life or to your body.

Therefore, no govt should not provide "free" abortions.

link   
reply to post by wdkirk

LOL, feel free to list off all the ways for a mother to abort her child. Maybe you could do it to the tune of "50 ways to leave your lover". That way it will seem more pleasant.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
...unless there is a medical reason.. or another reason.

Do I think women should just be going around having abortions? no. But, I doubt there are a ton of women that just get pregnant and have an abortion, get pregnant and have an abortion... I really doubt that that happens.

BUT.. I can do whatever I want with my body. I cannot and will not tell someone what to do with their bodies. and neither should you.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You are trolling. This entire thread you created was to speak out against abortion. It had little to do with funding under Universal Health Care.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join