It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix PS3 streaming!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just received an email from Netflix stating they now have the capability to stream movies through the PS3 and it is included in my account so no extra charge for it.
They are sending the disc out today and I should receive it tomorrow.

They are working on a software update slated for next year that will integrate the technology into the PS3 but for now you will need to have the disc loaded in order to watch but that doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

From reading a few reviews it apparently streams in HD which is awesome!

So for all you Netflix subscribers with PS3's, woot!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

Yaaaaaa.....???

I am assuming this will turn out like all other online interactivity with PS3

Slow, difficult to understand, with daily updates to fix other updates that only messed up things even worse than they were before the first update.

I have a PS3, so im not speaking out of ignorance.

If only Microsoft would put blu-ray in their next-gen consoles...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

The lack of a Blu-Ray player in the XBOX is the only reason I bought a PS3. well, that and Gran Turismo 5 (when it comes out)

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

The lack of a Blu-Ray player in the XBOX is the only reason I bought a PS3. well, that and Gran Turismo 5 (when it comes out)

Forza 2 is awesome.

I am an XBox person myself. Hopefully the PS3 will get the same Netflix menu setup as we have. If not, Sony failed.

Let me just say, having Netflix on your XBox is AMAZING, and I hope you PS3ers will get to enjoy it finally.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I actually have the Netflix streaming on my PS3. You can go into Netflix and add movies to your Instant Queue. You can look through the HD movies, but not all of the movies are HD.

Also, it doesn't lag unless you're dividing your bandwidth up with something. I watch movies on there and do stuff on the computer and it doesn't hurt me. I have a 12Meg connection. Download at 30MB/s. I thought that was fast until I saw a guy with 297MB/s lol

Anyway, the Netflix streaming disc is awesome. You won't regret it. You will have to put in a code on Netflix to register your PS3 but it's no biggie. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

It's been great. We have been catching up on all of the Lost seasons and it makes it so much nicer to be able to stream it instead of getting discs in the mail.
The streaming quality is superb!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

far as i know its ok but cant stream over 720p or something

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Anjin

Yaaaaaa.....???

I am assuming this will turn out like all other online interactivity with PS3

Slow, difficult to understand, with daily updates to fix other updates that only messed up things even worse than they were before the first update.

I have a PS3, so im not speaking out of ignorance.

Now over a year later I regret to inform you how wrong you were....see why we dont assume?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GARN40ish
Now over a year later I regret to inform you how wrong you were....see why we dont assume?

Good streaming movies on PS3 via Netflix, then? I have it streaming on my Wii and other than the wireless crapping out occasionally... it's great!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rschmfem

Good streaming movies on PS3 via Netflix, then?!

yes it works fine, often I have to reset my connection to logon but that could just be me other that that my kids are using it right now

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now that Netflix has decided to raise prices in hopes of sending more people to online streaming, I can honestly say how unhappy I am with this choice. If they would put more moves on streaming, it would be ok. But in addition to their horrible choice to raise prices, and have a slightly small online selection - they removed the Genres! Before you could look up a certain Genre but now you can't. It sucks! I really hope Netflix gets on this soon. They're going to sink quickly with choices like they're making.

new topics

top topics

join