It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "real" Reason for the Season

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tanulis

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

Originally posted by Tanulis
Alban Heruin: June 21st

That one must be a kick!

haaaaaa. ya got me! lol, I know it sounds funny. Lmao

I was supposed to be at a "sun-turn" blot today where christians like myself can join in with people of the Åsatru, who believes in Odin and Thor. And mind you, they're the best people you'd meet. We use to celebrate our viking inheritance and the return of the sun and bake leg of lamb between hot rocks, test our traditional weapon skills, with axe, spear, sword and to my liking, archery. We might meet eachother in a broktak, an ancient kind of wrestlig up here, where you grab hold of the linings of eachothers' trousers (broke=trousers) and you try to make the other one turn over, or we might test our skills in hnefatafl, the chess of the vikings (hnefa=neve=hand+tafl=table), where we use knockels of sheep to bring our king to safety, or otherwise turn over the king before he can run to safety. Beer and mead is obligatory after the kids have left to sleep, and stories are told from far away ages, of voyages and sagas until we end up sleeping around the fireplace, while the hovding yells out for the smiths to finish their work and kill the esses, where they heat their metal.

But I ended up here before ATS with my usual beer and nuts, my fags and you guys instead. Damn, don't know if I really miss anything really....

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hey MODS!!! What's your problem? Is it not called a conspiracy that the christain authorities have blinded the masses with the truth about christmas and other former pagan holidays?

Let me tell you a story that really got to me today. I was at Wal-Mart getting some things for my two kids with my wife when our former pastor walked up to us and started some small talk. He's a pentacostal pastor. He asked us if we were ready for christmas yet. We shook our heads and said "no." He did likewise. Then he proceeded to talk to my little 4 year old. He asked her, "Do you know what Santa's bringing to you for christmas?" My little girl made me so proud when she bucked up and said in a very loud and annoyed voice, "WE DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!" He had a shocked look in his eyes and then asked us, "Is that true?" We said, "Yes." He said, "May I ask you why?" I proceeded to say, "Well, just as many christains don't celebrate halloween due to it's pagan origins, we don't celebrate christmas for its paganism." He perked up and said, "Whoaa! Christmas is not the least bit pagan." I said, "Yes it is." He said, "No, it's the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth." I told him, "Well, we'll agree to disagree on that one." He walked off and as he was walking away he said, "I will just have to pray for you all on this one." My wife said back, "We'll do the same for you."

Lesson of this dialogue? There is such a conspiracy and misunderstanding of christmas and other so called "christain" holidays that pastors are blinded to the truth and are arrogant by default. Not their fault... it's Satan's deception at work. And you taking this thread to BTS is once again, Satan's deception at work since people may get the wrong impression with this thread. I know there's a lot of these "christmas" conspiracy threads right now but that's expected for this time of year. I'm sorry if one of you got offended and mad and in your anger threw this thread to it's death, but as a Mod, you are not suppose to reflect your anger by trashing the thread in a place like bts. THis is injustice and ignorant of you guys. I will not let this stand!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Do I have to do your research for you? I will give you a clue; look in What you call Exodus, look in what you call Numbers, Leviticus, in fact the whole Pentateauch goy! It says you will keep My feasts FOREVEVER as a memorial to ALL generations, that includes the Shabbat, which is a SIGN between you and G-d that you belong to Him....

The book also says that those who accept MoshiachEl Yeshua become GRAFTED into the olive tree; The Commonwealth of Y'israel where you become PARTAKERS of the promise... Thus you do what we do, except all the law did was bring condemnation, remind us we are sinners in need of saving, and pointed to the One who took the Whole law onto Himself.. Yeshua HaMoshiach HaNagid Bar Hayah Asher Hayah..... Go to your book of Zechariah 14:19 where in the millenium of Yeshua, what happens to the nations that do not keep Sukkot... Do not be brainwashed, or give in to the end times delusion of the goyim evangelical/catholic mantra where The Harlot (whore of babylon-the church) has Harlot daughters(its denominations or DEMONinations, off-shoots of catholicism; the evangelicals, charasmatic, church of god); hence why Yeshua called His flock a little flock... And, "Not all that says 'Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven"... And "Even the Elect shall be decieved."
G-d ALWAYS leaves REMNANT......... Goyim or Yahudi, we are connected closer than parents through Yeshua.. More so if you keep His Word... Shabbat shalom Achoti...

[edit on 053131p://f42Tuesday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Poor Satan, with all he has done to turn Jul into a Christian fest, and now they have finally figured it out! If you're not doing anything pagan, why is it Wednesday or Wotan's/Wedin's Day. Wotan and Wedin is Odin spelled out in German and English. Or how about Saturday? Saturn's Day. You'd better have a plan, cause what'd say: "Eagerness for my house will destroy you"...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
See what I don't get is how Christians can still claim that Christianity is real yet many of them do admit that in the past they twisted and distorted pagan traditions to make them more pallitable...

Yes I will be celbrating Yule and the Solstice because I am a good Wiccan

Love you all and peace be to you and yours

Maybe we can quit fighting one day and everyone can let everyone else live even if they think the other side is completely wrong...

THAT would be a hell of a present...good luck...it's too expensive...it costs a TON of pride and frankly we as humans don't wanna hurt our precious pride do we

-Kyo

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Good for you and I am not implying that non-christians stop celebrating these days. I'm making the point that true christianity shouldn't acknowledge these days as their own. That's all. Happy Saturnalia to you, though I don't celebrate it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Yes I will be celbrating Yule and the Solstice because I am a good Wiccan

Never understood why you call it Yule. Yule is the name of the month Norse Jól or mod. No. Jul is celebrated. Allthough Jólaøl or if you like Yule ale was drunk heavily all month of course, but it is courtesy of Jólnir, one of the many names of Odin, and Yule (Nov/Dec) and Thule (an old name for Norway) may be related, as it has to do with the dark season and the cold and barren landscape at winter.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

July is simply the month named after Jul. Yule tide is the winter solstice celebration which is in late december to early january. the 12 days of christmas to be exact.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

July is simply the month named after Jul. Yule tide is the winter solstice celebration which is in late december to early january. the 12 days of christmas to be exact.

I really had to quote the whole ignorant rant. No, July is named after Julius Cæsar ysf! The dude who made our calendar, and a very famous ruler of the Roman Empire who was killed with 21 stabs by his own servants. In the future, please, if you have an idea, check it up first. And fyi every "gård" -- estate, had different customs. Some celebrated for a whole month, others dared less. If the "Storbonde" -- Landlord didn't make enough beer to his workforce, he risked losing his estate and land and everything he owned and be judged at the "Alltinget" The supreme court of justice.... These days you can't even get beer in the stores during Jul. And yes, we still call it Jul up here. For it has nothikng to do with Christ.

[edit on 26/12/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

"By contrast, the early Christian Church did not celebrate Jesus’ birthday as long as the teachings of the Apostles remained intact. In fact, as late as 245ad, the church scholar, Origen "repudiated as sinful the very idea of keeping the birthday of Christ" (Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th ed.). However, in an effort to gain converts, "the church at Rome definitely fixed on the 25th of December as the birthday of the Lord" in the 4th century (Crippen, p. 6). The choice of the winter solstice festival and the birthday of the sun-god were deliberate. New "converts" could continue their popular pagan customs uninterrupted—but under a new "Christian" name! People follow the same fabricated practice today—largely ignorant of what is hiding behind the "Christian" façade."

If only it were that simple. We do not follow all of the Old Covenant laws because
Christ instituted a New Covenant. We do celebrate Passover, the passover of the Lord,
at Easter Vigil. The Church also celebrates the Jubillee ((Lev 25,10-13), (Lk 4,16-18; Is 61,1).

As for pagan holidays, the date chosen to celebrate Jesus' birth is the date days
get longer, to coincide with the belief that Jesus is the Light of the World.

"So much more meaning with these holy days than with these "false christian" practices of christmas and easter."

Not if one truely understands what is celebrated in these holydays. The problem is
that too many people love to celebrate these as holidays with little or no knowledge
of their meaning, thus having become another secular holiday hijacked from
Christianity.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Pretty much all Christian religious Holidays and traditions are based on archaic pagan celebrations and traditions. What better way than to enforce christianity, then by covering up a pre-existing religion!

Borrowing from in order to adapt to is nothing new.

Compare the Creation account in Genesis with Enuma Elish, Babylonian creation account.
The Creation account in Gn took on its final form in Babylon.

Or the covenant at Sinai with Hittite suzerainty pacts. In both cases the existing form
was adapted to God's purpose. When God 'cut' a covenant with Abraham, in was the
ordinary way man dealt with man. It was adapted to God's purpose.

Jesus transformed the Passover meal,or Sabbath meal, to a New Covenant.

If God is to make known his will, his truth, It must be adapted to man's way of thinking
if he is to grasp the meaning. He must take men as they are, use what they know, make use
of their human institutions and customs and transform them.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rileyw

If only it were that simple. We do not follow all of the Old Covenant laws because
Christ instituted a New Covenant. We do celebrate Passover, the passover of the Lord,
at Easter Vigil. The Church also celebrates the Jubillee ((Lev 25,10-13), (Lk 4,16-18; Is 61,1).

As for pagan holidays, the date chosen to celebrate Jesus' birth is the date days
get longer, to coincide with the belief that Jesus is the Light of the World.

"So much more meaning with these holy days than with these "false christian" practices of christmas and easter."

Not if one truely understands what is celebrated in these holydays. The problem is
that too many people love to celebrate these as holidays with little or no knowledge
of their meaning, thus having become another secular holiday hijacked from
Christianity.

The problem with easter is once again the fact that it is an ancient pagan holiday representing fertility rituals. This is where the easter eggs and easter bunnies come from. The fact is, Jesus was crucified on the Jewish Passover, and it is this very day.... the Passover (not Easter) that Christ's death is to be honored. His resurrection during the feast of Unleavened bread as well. If we have an accurate day to honor His death, why not use it instead of old pagan holidays associated with non-christain customs such as the egg hunts and chocolate bunnies? New Covenant or not, Jesus never did away with the Holy Days or the Sabbath. He did away with the Levitical Temple Sacrificial system the Jews used to worship God. Jesus took the place as High Priest as you would read in the book of Hebrews. He was our PASSOVER LAMB, our SIN SACRIFICE, the FIRSTFRUITS of God! Each thing here represents the first three of the Holy Days.... Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, and Pentacost. He is our soon-to-come a second time Messiah, our way to oneness to God, our King during the Millennium, and our Judge on the Last Day. Those things represent the final four Holy Days. Feast of Trumpets represents the tribulation and return of Christ at the 7th trumpet. Feast of Atonement is a fast that represents the oneness we are to become with God after Satan's banishment from this world when Christ returns. Feast of Tabernacles represents our 1000 years of peace on earth with Christ as our King. The 8th Day or Last Great Day represents the 2nd Resurrection, White Throne Judgement, the dividing of the seeds from tares, and the New Heaven and New Earth resulting in the New Jerusalem falling upon the New Earth creating Heaven on Earth. Christ is the link in every one of these Holy Days and their true meanings. If only people would understand this is our purpose in life. This is our destiny. The 7 Holy Days give us an annual reminder of God's plan for mankind. Let's never forget that.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rileyw

...thus having become another secular holiday hijacked from
Christianity.

thus having been hijacked from the Pagans

Either way I celebrated the solstice...had a darn good time too

Hope you all have a good NY

-Kyo

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>