It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How safe does this make you feel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by sickofitall2012

It was not political correctness that shielded Hasan from suspicion when he contacted Al-Queda associates. It was the fact that he was "officially" supposed to be conducting research into the motivations of suicide bombers and thus had a "cover story" for his correspondance that was aparently good enough for the feds.

How do you know this? What is your source for this fact?
Also, no need to use derogatory words like "dumb"

[edit on 11-11-2009 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Homeland Security posts, really???
I know that not all Muslims want Americans dead, but after recent events, is this ok?

HA! you think saying "not all Muslims want Americans dead" gives you the right to ask after "this ok?"

Still sounds racist.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I can have fears like anyone else. I don't care what you think it sounds like. This is America, and for now, I can voice my opinion any time I want. I will never stop speaking about things that concern me. People can yell racist all they want, you don't know me or my family. I trust no one until I know who they are and how they think. BTW, I'm a minority, unlike Muslims.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
they could appoint Fred Flintstone or Batman to such a post and I wouldn't feel any better because anybody that the feds trust is not someone I trust.

You wouldn't trust the Dark Knight. He's Batman. He will be tough on crime.

Anyways. Why do we need to know if he is a devout Muslim or just a Muslim. This is a bad political move with the timing of it.

I have a question on calling any Muslim a devout Muslim. Are we going to say if a congressman is Catholic, he is a devout Catholic. Or Baptist or Lutheran, even if they don't go to church and probably lie cheat and steal and have women on the side. Who really cares if they are devout. Can't they just be and be enough.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Apologies...I edited my post to change "Dumb" to "innaccurate"

As to your other question...No they did not overlook Hasan's communications with a radical Imam associated with Al-quada because of "political Correctness". I am trying not use offensive terms...but that it is just silly to believe any intelligence organization operates that way...

It was one part ineptitude and one part confusion over him conducting research....not a fear of "political correctness".

Source as you requested..

www.cbsnews.com...

Two officials speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case on the record said the Washington-based joint terrorism task force overseen by the FBI was notified of communications between Hasan and a radical imam overseas, and the information was turned over to a Defense Criminal Investigative Service employee assigned to the task force.

That worker wrote up an assessment of Hasan after reviewing the Army major's personnel file and the communications. The assessment concluded Hasan did not merit further investigation, in large part because his communications with the imam were centered on a research paper he was writing at the time, and the investigator had concluded Hasan was in fact working on such a paper, the officials said.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I can have fears like anyone else. I don't care what you think it sounds like. This is America, and for now, I can voice my opinion any time I want. I will never stop speaking about things that concern me. ......
I trust no one until I know who they are and how they think.

Okay...you are cracking me up a little.

You are allowed to have fears...just as those responding to your posts can question the validity of those fears.

BTW, I'm a minority, unlike Muslims.

Not sure how to respond to this...Not to sound snarky, but so what?
How is that relevant to the discussion or any arguments being made?
Does being a minority vaccinate you from making ignorant bigoted statements?
BTW - Muslim is a religion, not an ethnicity? So I am unsure if you are refering to yourself belonging to a minority religion? If so, join the club, the Muslim religion has more memebers than even Christianity.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by maybereal11]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join