It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State to 'spy' on every phone call, email and web search

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

State to 'spy' on every phone call, email and web search

www.telegraph. co.uk

All telecoms companies and internet service providers will be required by law to keep a record of every customer’s personal communications, showing who they have contacted, when and where, as well as the websites they have visited.

Despite widespread opposition to the increasing amount of surveillance in Britain, 653 public bodies will be given access to the information, including police, local councils, the Financial Services Authority, the ambulance service, fire authorities and even prison governors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does this surprise anyone? hhhmmm i wonder how long this has been going on, i really dont believe this has just started, i think its more on the lines of "well this works very well, its time to make it public".

What's happened to the state serving the people rather than people serving the state? I'm sure Mr Orwell would be turning in his grave right now....!

Oh and guess who's paying for the storage of data? Yes you guessed it US ! Taxpayers are given the bill for exploiting our own human rights....! (Shakes head)

For what reason you ask may the people that govern us bring in such crazy laws? Terrorism, damn these guys are so predictable.

www.telegraph. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Awaiting the day when personal, face-to-face conversations are logged.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
while everyone is worrying about extremism and terroism, this is what really is going to hurt us.

This, right here!

The govt. Hates Us For Our Freedoms.
And majorit of people will only realize it when it's too late.

This is extremism, the most extreme form of surveillance.
And it came quite faster than I thought.

This is change?

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If this is the way things are going then all citizens of the free world should at least make it interesting.

We should make it a point to make a random phone call to an unknown number every day.

We can leave cryptic messages like ...

"The chair is against the door."

"The sun rises in the west."

"I'll have a deep fried pocket watch with thimbles on the side."

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the telepathy option that would replace my internet connection, so nobody could record what i'm doing... But that may take some time...

[edit on 10-11-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
At some point they have to narrow the field and be selective of targets.

I suppose with enough agents at local levels something will soon be done about all the discontents.

First they will verify who you are and that you are where you are supposed to be.

Then, your GPS painted door (reminds me of Passover blood marked on doors) will lead them directly to you when the time comes.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Boy I hope they don't tell my wife where I've been lurking.....

And it ain't ATS I'm worried about!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
God save the Queen eh?
I think you UK guys should throw them off constantly. If you started getting people together to make one phone call a day and always reference a "package" or a "meeting location" and have everyone download the anarchist cookbook once a week or so it would be pretty entertaining.
I really think it is just for show and that they will not and can not monitor everything. How many people would it take to monitor a population in that way? It is just not practical.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
the governments are bloody idiots. All i have to do is buy an encryption phone hey presto record all you like you still not getting down anything i say. Also what is to stop ppl encrypting their emails and so on...IDIOT governments.....

[edit on 10-11-2009 by loner007]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Its too bad we cant get a army of people with Binoculars/Telescopes to stand outside MI5/MI6 or any other of the HQ's in this country and "spy" on THEM for a change. Any resistance encountered means we have just cause to report them to the Police, and if they laugh at us then complain to the PCC, then the papers who would willingly print the story (they love a good slow-newsday story.) To which the authorities would be named and shamed.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982

So when does the UK is going to start tagging the citizens with the implantable chips to track peoples whereabouts, because I have to say that it seems to be heading that direction.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
They've flip-flopped...

Ministers cancel 'Big Brother' database

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Or maybe they will return to cloak and dagger Big Brother....!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree, mess with them. Haha

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kayne1982

We should all do a fun experiment, everyone in the world pretend to be a threat to national security in your emails and blogs and we'll see if the government will come and arrest all of us, I doubt they have the manpower or facilities to lock us all up. Let's send big brother a message.

Honestly though this sort of thing makes my blood boil, especially because I know there are people out there who think this stuff is a good thing

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You think they don't do this already? I can bet my left arm the intelligence services have been monitoring everything for years and correlating all the data with other countries. They work above the law and can do anything they like.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
1984 happened in 1984, Just took a little longer with the advent of computers and internet to catch up to the World Wide Web.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
this isnt surprising, Britain is literally a police state. it was only a matter of time before they got to the interwebs.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Its a two way process,

Specter

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join