It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do locked threads have their flags removed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Or is it just certain locked threads?

Seems like an odd new practice to discourage an undesired thread topic form receiving member support and acknowledgement. Or is to help the offending thread to be removed from the automatic thread promotion on the right sidebar?

I'll reserve my opinion although I am sure many know what it is already.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have noticed this also.

Although, this site is owned privately and it's practice, governed by their own discretion.

Fairness and justice is delegated by them.
p.s.
I tried to STAR you but there were none available

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

There're no stars in this forum, and a couple of others. (which escape me right now)

I've not noticed the deflagification (did I just make up a new word?) I'm sure an explanation will arise soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I had a few threads go "Black" My flag count didn't diminish.

Also We don't star Board Business & Question threads.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Seems like an odd new practice to discourage an undesired thread topic form receiving member support and acknowledgement.

There are several reasons for the closure of a thread... usually having to do with violations or issues related to our terms and conditions.

As far as "undesired topics," there's a very-short list of such topics that would qualify here on ATS, and those are removed, not locked.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Seems like an odd new practice to discourage an undesired thread topic form receiving member support and acknowledgement.

There are several reasons for the closure of a thread... usually having to do with violations or issues related to our terms and conditions.

As far as "undesired topics," there's a very-short list of such topics that would qualify here on ATS, and those are removed, not locked.
In all fairness, that's not answered the issue raised about the flags

(just playing devils advocate, don't smite me
)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The obvious conclusion being -- if a thread is closed due to problems related to terms and conditions, or similar problems, then it stands to reason there should be no ability to apply new flags.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

There are a number of locked threads that still have their flag count listed. And and it seems the flagging ability is removed after locking. In the past, locked threads could still be flagged and starred.

It was just something I noticed recently. And given that there was one today that fell in the category of undesired, I found it odd that it remained, sans flags, when I know that it had quite a number of them just by the number of stars.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Seems like an odd new practice to discourage an undesired thread topic form receiving member support and acknowledgement(sic).

I trust that I can ask a question without being wacked. Being a new member and one who hates to read the plethora of rules, what is the "short list"?
I have noticed that some of my threads are removed (or I just don't know where they went). And that I receive negative BTS points. I currently have a U2U message from a moderator, I tried to get to my ATS email but it's layout is different than my email screen.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Hi,

You've probably got negative BTS points because you've purchased something in the ATS store and used "combined" points to make that purchase.

Also hope this helps : Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Avatar & Signature Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

When you have a private message, towards the top of the ATS page, you'll seee U2U, click that. You'll be in your inbox. Click the message and it will open at the bottom of the page, usually just scrolling down a little will allow you to see the message. The reply button is also there if you need to make a reply to a message.

Hope that helps, as always please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Cool. Thanks, I'll give it a try. Right now I'm in my cockpit, and use my HTN TyTN II for messaging and stuff.
p.s., in your avatar...who are the steelers??

new topics

top topics

join