It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. Asked For News Site's Visitor Lists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
It is obvious this request was targeting civilians not criminals..

Exactly, they (Justice Dept.) are the criminals who are targeting civilians.

You should be wondering .... Why?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I see this story just hit drudgereport. Coolbeans man.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I just saw this one too on drudge report. It seems to me that we will be seeing more and more of this being attempted until they are finally successful in retrieving some sort of record of internet users. In my opinion, the alternative news media sites will be their first choice, perhaps to get an idea of the demographics of users to such sites.

It will be interesting to see what this next year brings. Lots of different and over-the-top stuff will be going on definitely. Indymedia was smart not to keep such records even if they could.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Just to expand on this story a little bit, I used to volunteer for IndyNews back in the day giving them web design and articles. IndyNews is one of the best concepts ever for news in that each major city has it's own site and all of the info is uploaded and generated by locals. What's cool is there's affiliates for the middle east and virtually everywhere all over the world. It's a great resource in that usually the first pictures or reports of events such as riots or clashes with government come out on IndyNews before anywhere else. Also the news on IndyNews is usually first hand and comes from multiple people who were there. I haven't been involved with IndyNews in a long time but I'm surprised is rather appalled that the government is cracking down on them.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
They have gotten into trouble with stuff they have posted in the past. Here is an interesting thread from the good old days of ATS:
INDYMEDIA UK SERVERS SIEZED BY FBI!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
So it seems that more DYIers are on the chopping block.

Lets see how much sidestepping can be taken to a high art.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by out west

Lets see how much sidestepping can be taken to a high art.

No sidestepping required, they are going to crucify their "assistants" who were taking actions without authorization or approval
... And this will all simply go away as they continue with their more covert activities.

They believe that they can find person(s) of interest which will lead them to materials they desperately want eliminated.

Back in 08 there were few other options, some of you know why.

They are looking for love in all the wrong places.

Time for another long road trip?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join