It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Abduction Phenomenon... or what?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I remember the first vivid dream of my life. I was a small child living with my mother and I awoke to a presence in the room. I had this dream multiple times. Each time I would crawl out of bed to exit the room and would notice a creature standing about three feet tall next to the bed. I would always walk over to it. Get very close and then try to touch it. It reminded me of a puppet. I called it the penguin. When my hand got about as close as it could go the dream was over. I would wake up the next morning.

Later in my childhood we moved out of our apartment and in with my grandparents and great-grandmother who all lived together. Four generations in one house. Its some of the happiest and earliest memories of my life. My mother and I stayed upstairs in the east bedroom. We shared a bed. One night when I was around five, I remember telling my mom that things were walking around in the hallway. She told me never to talk about it.

Eventually my Mother got married, we got our own place and my imagination quieted. That is, until I was around fourteen when I saw a genuine shadow person standing in the hallway. Later that same year the most terrifying event of my life happened.

My step-sister and I stayed in rooms adjacent to each other. Our house was empty as our parents had gone to a wedding. Sometime in the middle of the night I was awoken by the sound of a knock on my sister’s door. I assumed it was my parents. I heard no answer from my sister and noticed that there was no light coming in from under my door, the house was still dark. About 20 seconds after my sisters door, my own door was knocked on three times.

“Mom? … John? …. Karen?” No answer. Just three louder knocks on my sisters door. Followed by three louder knocks on mine. I wondered why whoever it was didn’t hear me, or didn’t just come in. Then came three of the loudest bangs one could imagine on my sisters door. I could feel the shaking in my room. By this time I had already gotten up and grabbed an aluminum bat that I had in my closet. I was hiding behind my own door waiting to jump out and be a “little bad ass” or whatever. And, of course, you guessed it, the banging moved to my door. Inches away from me. I almost feel it and heard all the objects on my desk and dresser shaking.

I threw open the door, swung, tripped, got up, turned on a light. My sisters door flew open. Pretty much simultaneously I told her someone was in the house as she asked me what the hell I was doing. I checked all the doors and windows and we lied awake in the same room until we heard our parents come home. We told them and haven’t talked about it since.

That’s kind of the way it is. Our family just didn’t talk about these things. That is until I was around seventeen. My great grandmother died and we had to sell the old house. I asked my mother if she ever got the creeps up in the old east bedroom, which I refused to play or stay in unless it was time to sleep. She informed me that she did. It had been her bedroom in high school but she always felt, at night, like a presence had been watching her from the hallway. This is why my questions as a young child terrified her.

The east bedroom had also been my grandmother’s room during high school. She (who I’ve never heard before or since talk about such things) informed us that she was never comfortable up there either and avoided it her entire adult life. More than this, she recounted a story when she was approximately sixteen. Apparently she awoke to see a pitch dark figure in the room, when it became aware of her presence it tried to “force itself on her” (her words) and the event ended with her screaming and fighting it off from the corner of the room where it had pinned her. The event ended when my great-grandmother and great-grandfather had heard her screams, ran up, turned the lights on and found her flailing wildly in the corner - feet away from the bed.

cont'd

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
And it appears that is that. I tell the story sometimes but never felt like sharing it here before now. You see, I’ve been having vivid dreams almost nightly. I live alone now in college. I see what might described as a grey but different. Of course its dark, 3 feet tall approximately, etc. But it also has a surreal quality, non natural if you will. How so? For one it is paper thin, clearly 2 dimensional in some way even though it appears to living. Much like “the penguin” it also appears to be some kind of puppet. In the dark I can almost make out where strings should be holding it up. It sometimes swings like a wind chime. Imagine cutting a 2 dimensional grey out of cardboard paper, cutting strings into its shoulders and hanging it. Except life size.

Much like the dreams from early child hood. I awake and no there’s a presence. I know I have to leave but in my small apartment its nearly always standing by the door of my bedroom. I get up, I can’t see it and often suspect this time it will be different. I walk toward the door and it appears like an alien marienette that‘s been teleported into existence. I fall toward it or lunge toward it to strike it and go right through it. Dream over. I wake up.

SO I ASK...

Do you think there are connections:

1. between the penguin and my current experiences. What's the deal with them being puppet?
2. between the 2 dimensional nature of the "grey" and me and my families experiences with shadow people, watching us before sleep/interrupting sleep.

I will say right off the bat that I don't believe in hypnosis and it would more than convincing to get me to try it. I will also say that the experiences always start and end in the bedroom and in the home. I don't know anything about crafts, abductions, etc.. I'll also remind everyone that when I say "grey" its a rough approximation.

Any thoughts or stories would be appreciated. There's a few other random events related to this, but this is the heart of it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Wow, im glad you shared this i cant stay i understand you because ive never experienced anything like it. the word terror comes to mind. i cant be of much help but if is a consolidation since this is a life long connection it may indicate that the phenomenon is a genetic trait, I imagine it like the second sight that would travel gypsy bloodlines, and such moves us closer to an answer about the cause.

I would ask how every that you ask and 2nd 3rd and 4th cousins about if they had these experience and try and check who this happens to.

as to the puppet concept it may be how they move on a two dimentional plane, and the conection would seem to be rather strong in my ind.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by swolleneyeball]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by swolleneyeball

thanks yo. sometimes i wonder if nearly everything we describe as supernatural is really just one phenemanon.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Honestly wow.. I cant believe this information has come across my desktop. simply wow.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Youd should contact to Dr. David Jacobs if you wanna to dig into it. You can reach him at www.ufoabduction.com...

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JackHill

hey, looks like a great resource. i think i'll give it a go. i already plan on asking my mom if she remembers the penguin incidents. i remember swearing to her it wasn't a dream at the time. but ofcourse, kids do need to be reminded that dreams can be very realistic sometimes.

new topics

top topics

join