It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we do ANYTHING?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Lol because everyone is afraid and have no courage.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If you want action to be taken, then take it yourself.

Join green peace or perhaps another organization with beliefs parallel to your own. Maybe participate in some protests or a boycott.

You could sit on your own front porch with a shot gun!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by norbin
We don't take action because governments and the powers that be today are almost omnipresent. The advancement of technology used to combat such resistance has advanced considerably in the past couple decades. Any action would be quickly snuffed if there wasn't a large amount of people involved. Which is another issue all together.

We as a species aren't going to do anything rash that would threaten our survival. We are by nature a very selfish being. Self-preservation ultimately comes before ones own ideals. Not to mention that without the majority backing whatever the individual is doing, they will likely feel uncomfortable taking action.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by norbin]

Not to be argumentive But I will give you Two Recent American examples----
#1 The Black movement----- #2 the Woman's Movement.
Now that's change brother, and quite quickly.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

I wish I knew why we do nothing.

What should we do, exactly? We only have the power of our vote.

Or if we could get anough people of one mind, we could do anything!

Unfortunately, people are too busy hating each other.

We have all the power, only we don't know it yet, so we are like the little ants in that movie of the same name.

This power lay in the hands of the many. If the many joined together then they can force the changes needed to improve how we live on our world.

Fear is why no one does anything. Life now for many is comfortable, so no one wants to rock that boat and go through the hardships necessary to make changes happen.

The majority have faith that their governments would do nothing to harm them. It is a belief only and never a fact.

How to make changes? Join forces with others who seek a better way and get out on the streets in a peaceful manner, avoiding the minority stirrers of trouble. Don't wait until you vote next time because the truth is there is no real difference with whoever you vote for, the agendas remain the same.

So get up, stand up and fight for your rights.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4stral4pprentice
Lol because everyone is afraid and have no courage.

Please tell us what courage means to you ?
Happy oneliner.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Truth be told... I do not know why.

It is far easier to stand there and say something is wrong than it is to get involved and stop the wrong doing from taking place.

It is far easier to pass the buck than it is to accept full responsibility.

As a society as life in general becomes a bit easier, we tend to become a bit lazy about things. 200 years ago, pioneers worked harder than you can imagine to have a decent life. They toiled in the soil all day and had to struggle on a daily basis.

For that reason perhaps, they were more willing to fight and stand up for what is right. Because it affected them much more. " You want to mess with my land that I have worked my enitre life with my bare hands and a single plow? You want to come invade the privacy of my life? The life I worked so hard for?"

I think that is a part of it. While we do work hard today. we do not work hard as we did years ago when we had to work from sun up to sun down just to survive. I don't know about you, but if I had to do that, I would be much more protective of my rights if I had to work so hard to gain what I have....

Today, we do not have to build our own houses. We can just run up to the store and buy groceries. We do not have to worry whether the crops will survive this year... We have air conditioning and heating,and no longer have to worry about freezing to death....

In a sense we have become used to comfort. We take it for granted and because we are so comfortable we are lazy. Too lazy to take action as you put it.... Well those are just my thoughts anyway.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I know what you mean hon, The grapes of wrathi one of my favorite books. John steinbeck is my favorite author if possible read all of his books, I think you will enjoy them. If people nowadays were like they were then, The world would be a better place to live in , in many ways.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I believe we do nothing because we've been warped by media and technology to the point of complete and utter laziness.

Look around, we create things that do everything for us, we do nothing for ourselves...I mean there's a freaking Iphone app that DRIVES YOUR CAR!!!! How freaking lazy are we getting?

And people assume one day their might be a revolution like back in the day....BS! Back in the day there was no xbox to distract you, there was no internet where all you do is complain with no action...back then, you wanted sh*t done you got up and did it! Unlike now, where the most we do is complain and hope magically something will happen.

"You can pray all you want, but nothing's going to get done until you get your a$$ out of bed"

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

I wish I knew why we do nothing.

What should we do, exactly? We only have the power of our vote.

Or if we could get anough people of one mind, we could do anything!

Unfortunately, people are too busy hating each other.

It is not true that we only have the power of our vote. But, it is that mentality that explains much of why we seemingly do nothing. Those people the O.P. mentioned who stood on their porch to protect their property had the very same power to vote that you and I have today, but the difference is they understood they had much more power than a silly vote and that electing officials to office was the bare minimum of what could be done to protect their natural rights.

This notion today that the power the people have is only evident through voting is a sham perpetuated upon the people by the very government in which they elect. A sham shoved down the throats of people educated in public schools who are continually taught that the United States is a democracy when the word democracy is no where to be found in the Constitution. However, the Constitution does guarantee a republican form of government for the states. But this is not what is being taught to publicly educated children even though they will stand tall and at attention while they pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and for the republic for which it stands...

We fight wars across the globe to "make the world safe for democracy" but the Founders of the U.S. couldn't stand the notion of a democracy as government which was why the word was never written into the Constitution. A Constitutional republic was created instead because they wanted to ensure that people could not have the kind of power that would allow majorities to trample on the rights of minorities, and there is no greater minority than the individual. Today, many people speak of rights in terms of civil rights or civil liberties but for our founders they were simply rights and what is the difference? Civil rights or even worse civil liberties implies a collective right of the people where rights plain and simple or even better natural rights are those rights belonging to every individual.

The United States has a Constitution with a preamble that makes it perfectly clear that We the People are the holders of the inherent political power. That preamble states:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Take note that the preamble begins with We the People and ends with do ordain...in between is what it is we the people have ordained but it is we, each and every one of us, not as a collective but as individuals who have ordained that Constitutional government and it is we the people not by surrender of inherent political power who have transferred some of that power, a very limited power for a very limited amount of time to certain government officials who are bound by oath to uphold the Supreme Law of the Land which is that Constitution. If those government officials have broken that oath and acted in ways to trample the rights of individuals then they are mere criminals guilty of obstruction of justice, acting under color of law, too often malicious prosecution, or simulation of legal process and impersonating a government official, because if they are not acting within the scope of their jurisdiction they are no longer protected by their office.

In such a case, it is up to us, as individuals to put justice back in and deal with these criminals not by un-electing them but through justice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join