It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of searching.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Either due to the constant banners or my slow P.C., I did not have the time nor the will to find the "war on Australia" thread again.

T'was a good but LONG thread but I wanted to have my say.

Politically correct or not,

Lazy people, beget lazy offspring for the most part. Period. It’s not a racial, religious or color issue IMO. If you are a hard worker you can overcome most anything. Get off your @ss and get a job. Here in the U.S., McDonalds, Wal-Mart or any other crap job is NOT beneath you. I’ve been there done that, worked my way through college and now can afford to support myself and have children.

If you are taking government handouts (i.e. other hard working peoples money) to survive, you should not even be THINKING about having offspring.

Radical Idea NO, Common sense I say YES.

BTW, yes I am considered a minority. (Native American)

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I take it you're working? Because if you weren't, you'd understand that there aren't enough jobs out there. I'd gladly work at Walmart or McDonald's, if they were hiring. I'm not proud. I'd wash dishes. But no one's hiring, and if they were, they wouldn't take me anyway because I'm "overqualified".

"Overqualified" means that the first chance I get, I'll leave for a better-paying job. No employer wants to hire a guy who knows he can do better. They aren't even going to talk to me. They don't have to wait long to find someone who, even when the economy recovers, won't be able to quit and go somewhere better.

I've been out of work for over a year. I've used up all my unemployment benefits, and then depleted my life savings. I've sent out over 500 resumes, and received exactly one response back. They didn't hire me, but at least they thanked me for applying. That's more than I got from anyone else.

Did you know that the economy is so bad now, that many illegal (and legal) immigrants are going back home? That should tell you something, because these guys routinely take the crappiest jobs available. Even they can't find work here.

How about you go out there and try to find a job. I mean, just go look for a job, even if you're already working. See how easy it is. Then get back to me and tell me how easy it was to find one.

join