It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS defending the petrochemical/oil industry via censorship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

Because it controls what the small person can produce, giving more power to the corporations. Vilifying something that can be used naturally and with far more sustainable crop loads. A crop that doesn't involve raping the land or deforestation. It's part of the codex, they got away with it, and now they're pushing for more.

Did you read the op? seriously?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Seems to me that they are doing it within the rules or the thread would have been deleted now. So are you sure you even have a valid point?

Personally, I do not use the stuff myself, but I don't flip my lid when others discuss it. Seems kind of foolish to me to spend tax money fighting it when you could be getting tax revenue from it. You would cut prison costs too.

Just look at it thru the eyes of history. It is just like prohibition, with all the killing, and the gangs. Repealing prohibition wasn't exactly the end of the world now was it. It reduced crime and created new tax stream.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaulKCA

Originally posted by treemanx
OMG, I just read a hint at what this thread is about, and I just cant believe it!! Are you people friggin serious? Your going to continue to dredge up this BS over and over again, when there is absolutely no point to it! If you want to talk about "it" somewhere, go talk about "it" with your stoner buddies or sites that encourage that type of thing!

Seriously! Get the **** over it already! Why is it so important to talk about that? The rules say you cant, thats it!

Something called, "FREEDOM"!

Maybe some of you guys that bring this up all the time arent actually stoners, but at the very least you are definitely malcontents!

Perhaps we should be conformists like you. But then that's how we got to this point now isn't it?

You can talk about EVERYTHING under the sun here, except that, and it tweeks you out! So you HAVE to be drama queens and bring this crap up every other day.

Like I said......WHO CARES! GET OVER IT!

We obviously do! But of course you know what is best for all so we should all follow your lead.
Why don't you get over it while reserving your judgment and comments for elsewhere!

[edit on 10-11-2009 by PaulKCA]

OK, so by your line of thinking, (since you cried "FREEDOM" like Mel Gibson in Braveheart) I should be able to go into your house and talk about how cool smoking pot is to your kids, right?

Yes, you have the 1st Amendment, Free Speech, but this is a PRIVATELY OWNED site, which has rules, just like you have in your home.

Oh, and dont forget about your hypocrisy, your post is defending the right to freely talk about "it" on ATS, but your telling me to take my opinions elsewhere? Think before you post man, you sound smarter that way!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You just had to say it huh?

I was rather enjoying the actual dialogue, but you're determined to undermine this thread.

Just keep framing the debate.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The epitome of bliss!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

Because it controls what the small person can produce, giving more power to the corporations. Vilifying something that can be used naturally and with far more sustainable crop loads. A crop that doesn't involve raping the land or deforestation. It's part of the codex, they got away with it, and now they're pushing for more.

Did you read the op? seriously?

Yes, I did actually! And it throughly explains the subject being forbidden to be talked about. It also talks a little about an opinionthat I dont believe is a relevant conspiracy. Just like your "theory" you described in your post.

My main points are: #1- Its illegal, get over it.

#2- Its not a topic allowed here, get over it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Typical american conformist.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PaulKCA

Or the epitome of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Exactly!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

You just had to say it huh?

I was rather enjoying the actual dialogue, but you're determined to undermine this thread.

Just keep framing the debate.

If I was determined to undermine the thread, I would bring the "word" out to probably get the thread closed by the mods. But I havent done that, and I dont intend to. Like I said before, Im not trying to ruin your fun here by skating on the edge of the rules of ATS. I'm just sharing my opinion. Isnt that what you guys want? Or, since my opinion isn't as cool as yours, I should just take my posts and thoughts elsewhere? Gotta love hypocrisy!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join