It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.1 Quake Hits Yellowstone Caldera

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

oh most definitely. I just tend to chuckle slightly at how a certain select segment of the site goes hog wild during the bi-annual yellowstone watch, of which this post is about a month out of cycle for.

What it seems to me, is that something this large will not 'just explode one day' we're going to have months, perhaps years of very definite buildup. One thing I tend to find lacking in reports about previous eruptions of yellowstone is its effect on neighboring geologic entities as well, if it's even possible to tell. was there increased volcanic activity or seismic in the region leading up to the final blow up besides yellowstone?

Given the wide ranging effects that an eruption could cause, while it looks like most of he destruction won't make it east of the Mississippi from the models, will it have consequences on other geologic features out this way such as the New Madrid seismic zone.

My hypothesis (aka armchair educated guess) is that the supercaldera won't cause near the devastation and upheaval we think it will outside of massive flora/fauna die off and weather patterns changing, but the real destruction will come from the side effects on other geologic entities on this tectonic plate and neighboring ones.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

Also, for those who aren't sure why this activity is so important, it is because Nibiru/Nemesis are nearing the Sun on the far side right now. All of the planets in the solar system are experiencing all kinds of geological activity increases and their temperatures are also rising.

You need to look at a model of how celestial bodies interact to see how badly you have been played by this Niburu nonsense. You will soon figure out how impossible the claims are.

Those spreading this drivel rely on peoples lack of knowledge to play their games. Don't be a victim.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

i dont really know enough about it to say for sure how it may happen. It would be interesting to research and see what the opinion is on how it happenened last time.

youve got to think though, if this pressure is constantly building up year after year. somethings got to give one way or another eventually.

whether this will give due to a large quake, or a series of small quakes etc is still to be seen.

as for the after effects. According to the TV programmes, it could be terrible. But then we all know how the Media like to hype things up for a good audience as is the case with 2012!

G.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by mblahnikluver

woops, 2009 i meant to say!!

You did it again you numty
I think you meant to say 2008

As an aside anyone using firefox might be interested in this add on eQuake Alert

www.freebookzone.com...

Someone from a previous 'quake swarm' thread put me onto it, it's pretty cool and you really get a sense of increased activity and quake hotspots etc. Your browser shakes with each new quake.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

my god. am i working too hard, or not getting enough sleep!! what year is it again??!!

cheers for the link!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov... Well not much goin on there. Yep it's quiet. I'm still gonna say it stays rather quiet. Oh and I live in Wisconsin. I don't think it is usual for Vegas to get a quake , however I'd say no big deal there either.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This may be off topic but don't know if it merits its own thread

Volcano in Philippines activates.

www.google.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join