It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Chief Napolitano Warns American People Against Anti-Muslim Backlash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A muslim and jihaddist wannabe attacks American unarmed US soldiers and civilians on American soil, and the DHS Secretary WARNS the American people?

The DHS is looking out for the well-being of Muslims, over Americans generally!

This has got to be one of the last straws that will break the camel's back.

U.S. Homeland Security officials are working with groups around United States to head off any possible anti-Muslim backlash following the shootings at Fort Hood in Texas, the agency's chief said Sunday.

The comments by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano also appeared part of efforts to reassure the Arab world that U.S. authorities were taking measures to quell anti-Islam sentiments after last week's rampage by an American-born Muslim serving as U.S. Army psychiatrist.

"This was a terrible tragedy for all involved," Napolitano told reporters in the United Arab Emirates' capital Abu Dhabi. "Obviously, we object to - and do not believe - that anti-Muslim sentiment should emanate from this."

Napolitano said her agency is working with state and local groups to try to deflect any anti-Muslim anger after the Thursday attacks by Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, a Muslim who reportedly expressed growing dismay over the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The shootings left 13 people dead and 29 wounded.

hosted.ap.org...

In light of this tragedy, DHS wants "state and local authorities" to focus on US!?

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. (F. Mercury)

Deny ignorance.

jw

[edit on 9-11-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think they just want to make sure that Americans don't stoop down to the Radical Muslim mentality, and kill random Muslims. That would make US look just as bad as them.

Oh, don't worry, I'm fairly sure (and hope) that the CIA & FBI are watching the movements of Radical Muslims. Politics are different behind the scenes.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well, certainly no one should blame all Muslims, but there is a radical segment of Islam that is hell-bent on destroying the US and Western civilization in general.
No amount of political correctness will change that fact.
The Obama administration has to take its head out of the sand, and recognize that fact, and stop coddling to these terrorists and those that support them.
That mosque that is involved MUST be investigated in full, without tying the hands of the FBI. Let them do their job, and let the chips fall where they may.
It's time that terrorists are prevented from hiding behind mosques and imams!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ok I may get some response of dislike to this comment but If some one wishes to educate me, so be it. Why is it that the Muslim community feels the need to dominate.From what I have seen, it is seeming that the core Muslims do not like America. If that is the case then why are they here. To dominate and convert? Why?... How is Our core religion wrong, you dont see us Blowing up bombs in masses of people. Our country is more stable than most in this world, as in, the common community. This country pulls together in times of crisis when it is truly needed, does the Muslim community do that. Do they do that for us... ever? We allow freedom of religion in this country and yet it is ok for teaching of that of which is hateful to those who serve to protect?. Maybe our government does bad things, but the core people of this country only want peace. so if the muslim community wishes to Truly attack someone.. attack the leaders of congress. not he people who really want peace and want to help.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I don't see it that way. Are you saying the Muslims in our country are not Americans? IMO, they are looking after all Americans and highlighting one segment of Americans due to the circumstances.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

'Fraid not.

Politics dictated that all voting rights act and intimidation charges be dropped against the New Black Panthers when the "line" prosecutors were ready to proceed.

Politics dictated that previous inconclusive investigations closed by line prosecutors should be re-opened by the Justice political officers.

Politics dictated the provision of DHS "extremist" watch lists and lexicons to state and local law enforcement this past Spring in advance of up-coming "Tax Day" and "Tea Party" protests.

Now, politics dictates that those same state and local official tasked with targeting "right wing" groups as potential terrorists are to be tasked with scrutinizing the conduct Americans outraged over a would-be jihaddist's attacks on innocent soldiers and civilians.

Do we live on the same planet?

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jdub297

I don't see it that way. Are you saying the Muslims in our country are not Americans? IMO, they are looking after all Americans and highlighting one segment of Americans due to the circumstances.

What I said is exactly what I meant.

Who WAS attacked last week? Americans generally. Does anyone know the victims' race, religion, ethnicity? Does it matter?

Who does DHS express most concern for? Muslims. Not "Muslim-Americans" (what the hell is THAT anyway; are there Atheist-Americans, Hindu-Americans, et c?).

And, NO, not all Muslims in America are Americans.

You mistake nationality for religion. Wake up.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I just really, really hope that someone in the government is watching Radical Muslims in America. Even if it's secretive. . . in fact it's better if it's secretive so they get caught red-handed, which is what happened recently in NY.

I'm fairly sure at least some segment of the Investigative/Intelligence organizations are watching Radical Muslims secretly. They don't want to seem "racist" so it's kept quiet.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I just really, really hope that someone in the government is watching Radical Muslims in America. Even if it's secretive. . . in fact it's better if it's secretive so they get caught red-handed, which is what happened recently in NY. I'm fairly sure at least some segment of the Investigative/Intelligence organizations are watching Radical Muslims secretly. They don't want to seem "racist" so it's kept quiet

I wholeheartedly agree with that. They just have to do it behind the back of the Obama administration. All they want to do is apologize to our enemies.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What about the Muslim soldier who killed recruiters in Little Rock? Or the one who tried to blow up buildings in Texas?

Even if they are watched, what happens next? Not much, from what I've seen.

jw

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jdub297

No, it is the muslims that are saying - over and over - that they are muslims and not Americans.

For all other religions, it's OK to be both.

Understand the difference yet?

[edit on 11/10/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

No, it is the muslims that are saying - over and over - that they are muslims and not Americans.

As it turns out, the people who were aware of Hasan's ideas were afraid to do or say anything because he was Muslim!

The Walter Reed staff actually met to discuss how to get rid of him, and decided to transfer him, instead.

Innocent people die because we are PC. Is it worth it? Isn't PC-ness the equivalent of lying?

s4u

jw

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

But at the same time it's okay for Napolitano to declare Iraq military veterans, those opposing illegal immigration, those who support gun rights, and anyone who agrees with anything the Republican party stands for as a "potential terrorist"?

www.washingtontimes.com...

This woman is a disgrace to America.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Even many conservatives were concerned by the power Bush and Congress assumed under the Patriot Act.
Some were fearful that the DHS could become a tool of oppression for a fearful administration.

Looks like they were right.

jw

top topics

join