It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA on crusade to debunk 2012 apocalypse myths

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
If something major like this would happen, you would start to see world leaders and the 'chosen' disappear. Their movements would appear odd, the movements of their families would be out of place. Scientists would meet with unfortunate accidents. The military would mobilize and would beef up security at secure installations. NASA would launch several vehicles into orbit to monitor, although disguised as routine delivery missions.

I do believe something major is about to occur, not all of a sudden but slowly. I'm not speaking of any 2012 cataclysm although I feel the date might now be too far off.

With all the preparations WHO have taken, it seems odd the extent they have gone too for something like the H1N1. I feel they know something we don't and this is just the first stages of it, or some sort of prelude.

This quote just reminded me of this thread: 40 Microbiologists Killed: Something Fishy Going On?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So if the world really was going to end in 2012 and NASA knew it was going to end. DO you really think they would come and say....

Yes, yes its true, the world is going to end. It's been a good run though.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
NASA to debunk 2012 ? Right off the bat, the article mentions Nibiru. But hold on preytell its NASA that introduced us to Nibiru back in 1983 in the first place. Revealing that their IRAS satellite has found the tenth planet or Planet X. Their main man for Planet X was Dr. Robbert S. Harrington www.abovetopsecret.com... who studied nothing but Nibiru and its trajectory.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

exactly...if it were true, we would see it by now...in fact, it would be one of the brightest things in the sky! i havnt seen anything out of the normal when i look up...have you?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

NASA if this is true... and you want to come clean... Why don't you and your expert scientists truthfully disclose and televise all your findings on rouge planets, UFO's and every other coverup for all to see. Then... have it all authorized by an outside panel of folks who understand and cross check your data.

Anything less is your continuation of BS!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Nice way to give the Movie some more publicity...

2012 is a load of bull... there is and will never be any facts that point to the end happening in 2012... who cares anyways, are YOU going to stop "THE END OF THE WORLD"??

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wish there was a way to force people to understand that dates, especially when translated, are never concrete. NASA didn't jump to stop people from thinking that they never went to the moon, so why care about this when time will inevitably prove it one way or the other.

I'm not saying that I personally believe that on 12.21.12 something will happen. I do however believe that there is a change happening in our area of space, and we (or at least me, yet) do not know what it is. The planets are changing, the sun is changing, in ways we have not seen in recorded history. For all we know, the ancients may have already lived through this cycle we are about to embark on. Maybe we're just not that good of translators :/

Regardless... There isn't much anyone can do about it. The government couldn't do much even if it weren't a self-preserving monster. When it comes to the mercy of the cosmos, no one can save you... not you, not the government, and if it's happening, I doubt God intends to save you either.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Demonis]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Everyone looks to NASA or the governments of the relevant countries looking for an answer. Come on, if there is going to be a solar event in the next few years, do you honestly believe they are going to tell the population of the world?

The name of the game for these elite people is survival nothing more nothing less has been proven though out time with the little information that we the general public have. To believe that we the general public know all and the people that do know a lot more are going to share this, then you are doing exactly what they know/knew you would do.

All one has to do is just look at the topics though ATS at the topics, swine flu, depopulation, D.U.M.B, Maya etc etc, the list goes on and on. Then look at the disinformation. It is clear something is going on all you have to do is connect the dots, but most people cannot as they live in their little box, or their own little conspiracy theory.

All these things are connected and have been for 100’s or 1000’2 of years, anyone what has not been programmed by modern society will see this.

Just think about it, take the D.UM.B conspiracy theory (Just one of many, and all conspiracy are part of a bigger plan) why are they doing this they know what is coming, we have all seen the films that they try to hint to us what is going to happen.

Though I don’t come from the USA I will use it as a very small example of what I believe is going on, just think if they can only save/move people for an event that they have known is coming since time began, say 10% (oh by the way another conspiracy there for you reduce world population) they are going to have a serious problem, because to save/move the 10% they have to take into account the other 90%, but how do you take care of them? Because say for example they turned around and said yes there is a body coming into our system and were looking at a E.L.E event and we only have places for 10% of the population, do you really think the other 90% are going to lie down and say ok no problem they did not pick me I will sit and home and take what is coming ?

Anyway that is just my 2 cent, I don’t look to defend what I believe/know is going on, I just thought I would share a very very little bit of my thoughts and believes.

I know there is a few people here on the forum that know what I am talking about 

Good luck everyone.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
In defense of NASA…. Of course they have to go on a debunking campaign, to do otherwise with a 200 million dollar movie scaring the crap out of everyone would be silly, what they are doing is the right thing to do… Not to mention, NASA cannot spend all their time trying to debunk every single 2012 doomsday scenario. The smart thing for them to do is pick the two most outlandish, or highly unlikely… and spend all their time debunking those two, and then by proxy all the other 2012 scenarios are debunked as well. That is smart thinking if you ask me…

However, because this is a conspiracy website…

Its possible NASA could just be ignoring the real possibilities and just focusing on the ones they know for a fact aint gonna happen. So that way we are all nice and calm before we all DIE… ahhhh!

I can guarantee you what I discovered using Stellarium is going to cause some major uproar over the next couple of years. Because when atheists get a hold of those pictures they are going to say… this is proof Jesus Never existed… and when Religious folks learn of this, they might in fact use it as a symbolic birth of Christ or Muhammad… And when the New World Order crowd find out what is going to happen on that date, they are going to say TPTB have to finish their plan before that date. It truly is one spectacular find I discovered and when it spreads across the world I guaran-damn-tee its going to be big news for everyone.

But then again, perhaps NASA will convince everyone Stellarium is wrong… Because the part that has me freaked out is… is it truly an accident that the rebirth happens on 12/12/12 at 4:20 to 5:30 in Mexico, and from 5:30am to 7:20am PST in Oregon and at different times around the world????
BUT ON 12/12/12??? Did they know that was gonna happen on that date way back when they started the Gregorian calendar ? If so…Now that is one hell of a conspiracy… I don’t care who you are… you at least got to admit to that…

Here is a picture I uploaded today on ATS... For NASA to say there aren't any planetary alignments we need to worry about in 2012... well that just aint accurate at all Dec 2, 2012 (12/2/12) is something we definitely need to talk about at least, and worry about at worst... and they have to know it... which means they are purposely lying!!! Because you notice in that article they said right after that... "and even if there were..." Why does NASA LIE all the time... they suck at it!

--Charles Marcello

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It really has no difference what Nasa says, because we the people are going to believe what we want to believe, no matter what anyone tells us. Until someone/something proves every theory about 2012 right/wrong we are just going to have to wait for the date to come and see what happens. I think something is coming, what it is I have no clue, but I'm sure we wont know until a much later date.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Why should we worry about what NASA, the News, or any other Government Agency thinks about the matter anyway. Government does what is in the best interest of Government not its people. Most of us don't get our information from censored media and Government Officials. Let the masses of Sheepeople believe what they want. I choose to believe the provable facts and information I can gather from reliable sources and tools such as the Freedom of Information Act.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thalassa Noel

Here's the deal about NASA. They lie to the people that pay their salaries thru their taxes. NASA is a tax supported
research entity.

And as vallhal said.....

"I don't pay taxes to buy lies"

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
NASA is right on this one the World isn't coming to an end on Dec. 21, 2012

BUT

there is an extinction level event coming and the Beings that are "denied" are here to lesson the blow. It's going to be bad but not an extinction level event.

It will involve volcanoes erupting same time creating Tsunami's and if materials aren't moved it will involve radio active volcanic eruptions and in the Atlantic the beginning will be on the Ridge to Brazil epicenter offshore Brazil when the PWAVE comes the entire hump of Africa to the Ridge will cause nothing but DREAD. Huge Tsunami'#ting East and West like never before recorded.

Not saying 2012 this I don't know, but by 3/17/2046

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The movie didn't even mention Nibiru only the Mayans.
Also here is an article from earlier on in the year.

'Catastrophic' sun storm possible, NASA warns

The sun operates on an 11-year cycle, with the next "active" phase due in 2012 likely to present the nearest danger.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The Local Interstellar Cloud
Illustration Credit & Copyright: Linda Huff (American Scientist), Priscilla Frisch (U. Chicago)
Explanation: The stars are not alone. In the disk of our Milky Way Galaxy about 10 percent of visible matter is in the form of gas, called the interstellar medium (ISM). The ISM is not uniform, and shows patchiness even near our Sun. It can be quite difficult to detect the local ISM because it is so tenuous and emits so little light. This mostly hydrogen gas, however, absorbs some very specific colors that can be detected in the light of the nearest stars. A working map of the local ISM within 10 light-years based on recent observations is shown above. These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.
Science, 4 March 2005, by Lallement et al.
the Heliosphere is highly sensitive to the density of interstellar gas, and it could fail almost completely if the Sun passed though a dense cloud of gas, exposing the Earth to massive amounts of harmful radiation. There is some evidence to suggest that the Earth has experienced mass extinctions caused by interstellar explosions in the past - perhaps caused because we were in a dense cloud when the effects of a supernova passed us by.
The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. It Would be FOOLISH to not way the possibility that in 2012 we may be entering into a Dense region of Gas...As we align with the Center of Our Galaxy Our SUN Sol has and is being bombarded by particles now coming through the Heliosphere the sun has Gotten Brighter from these particles and has changed from A yellowish hue to a more white because of the increase in particles... We may be on te edge of a Dense Cloud of Gas ..and soon to be entering in 2012 the Densest parts of the LOCAL FLUFF held by the gravity of the black hole of the Milky Way galaxy...

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Are you serious? NASA has a mandate to educate. They deal solely in the truth. Can you back up your libellous statements with evidence? Oh, you can't?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join