It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA on crusade to debunk 2012 apocalypse myths

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

probably because a bunch of people are calling/emailing freaking out thinking planetx/nibiru is real and nasa just wants to stop having to explain 100 times a minute that its not true...makes sense to keep the phone lines open on realistic things...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
hmm..interesting thread...

but Nasa cant predict Mass Contact with Alien beings right...

Ok..i dont beleive in Nibiru but i wonder...

Every star i see from down here is a sun like ours..maybe the calendar is set for their arrival when they come for us and see if we can join the intergalactic community...

No one will ever convince me that this universe which is so huge is not meant for us to explore...when you see how even a single cell is made up you realize that nothing is there without a reason

I also think that an Alien intervention was well planned since dawn of ages since there is a pattern for civilizations to destruct themselves once nuclear energy is discovered...this might explain the increased sightings after the first nuclear tests

It may sound far fetched but lets hope this is true since I beleive next war is drawing close ever than before and it will be a hell of a ride

and lets keep in mind that scientists calculated some million of civilization in our own galaxy like which there are billion of galaxies more

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stardust1955
I'm like Bob Dean, has anyone really looked up the definition of Apocalypse? All it means is the unveiling, uncovering. It has nothing to do with destruction of ANYTHING! It is an unveiling. Look it up, I'm serious. Makes me so mad that they use this word to contol the sheeple! Look it up, I am serious. My bible thumping uncle got mad at me cause I told him the true meaning. Look it up!!!

www.thefreedictionary.com...

a·poc·a·lyp·tic (-pk-lptk) also a·poc·a·lyp·ti·cal (-t-kl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to an apocalypse.
2. Involving or portending widespread devastation or ultimate doom: "now speaks in apocalyptic terms about the probable conflict ahead" (Financial Times).
3. Characterized by usually exaggerated predictions of or allusions to a disastrous outcome: "Stripped of its apocalyptic tone, what this amounts to is an advocacy of teaching names, dates and places by rote" (Stefan Kanfer).
4. Of a revelatory or prophetic nature.

www.answers.com...

apocalyptic [əˌpɒkəˈlɪptɪk]
adj
1. outstanding in revelation, prophecy, or significance
2. of or like an apocalypse
apocalyptically adv

Thesaurus: apocalypse Top noun Something disclosed, especially something not previously known or realized: disclosure, exposé, exposure, revelation. Informal eye opener. See show/hide.

I was sceptical after the first source, but the second source states specifically a disclosure of some sort. Seems you are correct.

So if some kind of disclosure were to occur - that would be an apocalypse. And if nuclear war occurred - that would also be an apocalypse.

Sh*t happens all of the time though, so whatever happens around the next few years, is not necessarily connected to any prediction of this sort.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisd250
reply to post by whaaa

probably because a bunch of people are calling/emailing freaking out thinking planetx/nibiru is real and nasa just wants to stop having to explain 100 times a minute that its not true...makes sense to keep the phone lines open on realistic things...

Yes, I think the nature of NASA debunking this is due to the large number of people calling them up over this. Seems an adequate explanation for me, since nobody has yet provided any logical explanation of why we can't see this brown dwarf yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the trailer for the movie hit a nerve, as in the line "How would the governments of the world prepare 6 billion people for the end of the world, they would`ent" I dont think for a minute we would find out, there would be a flaming star in the sky and they would say it is a chinese lantern or a sun dog
I do not trust any polititian living today and know the reasons for non disclosure, the complete downfall of society, we are living in George Orwells animal farm and the pig pull the strings.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Im sure they are just sick of having to get stupid e-mails from paranoid people constantly so this is going to be their fallback response so no employee need waste precious oxygen explaining it ever again.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I hope that the NASA correspondents, press release persons, are only addressing the outlandish claims of approaching catastrophe...

and presenting no known evidence that global floods/tsunamis/earthquakes/techtonic plate shifts/magnetic pole reversals/cosmic storms or gamma ray bursts/
will not be happening in year 2012.

NASA has no business countering Maya eschatology, be it real-imagined-fabled-mythic.
evidently the writers at NASA have way too much free-time on their hands and needed something to occupy their time and earn a paycheck.

~sheeze~

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm really on the fence with all of this. Leaning more towards nothings going to happen. However, the thing that keeps my attention is that it is not just the Mayan. I have heard that there are others from around the world that coorespond to this date. I really dont buy into prophetic stuff, for the reason that has been shown over and over and over and over and over on here, they are mainly b.s. I have to admit that multiple independent sources do intrigue me though. If NASA wants to be thorough, they might want to address(debunk) the rest

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If something major like this would happen, you would start to see world leaders and the 'chosen' disappear. Their movements would appear odd, the movements of their families would be out of place. Scientists would meet with unfortunate accidents. The military would mobilize and would beef up security at secure installations. NASA would launch several vehicles into orbit to monitor, although disguised as routine delivery missions.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Why does NASA even care about social engineering or what people
think the future will be like.

Just more big brother manipulation and thought control.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Why does NASA even care about social engineering or what people
think the future will be like.

Just more big brother manipulation and thought control.

Maybe they were sick of the many hundreds calling & hounding their helpdesk to ask if the 2012 movie was actually going to happen. Yes, many people are really stupid like that to believe in this crap!!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
NASA seriously publishing this only makes the 2012 thing seem more credible imo.

The government, as sloppy and incompetent as they are, doesn't alot money like this for nothing. There must be something in it for them to want people to believe what they are saying.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
NASA seriously publishing this only makes the 2012 thing seem more credible imo.

The government, as sloppy and incompetent as they are, doesn't alot money like this for nothing. There must be something in it for them to want people to believe what they are saying.

That's just silly, as the govt. states lots of things that are useful - such as sending children to school rather than bunking off.

How else are NASA expected to stop the 100's or even 1000's of ridiculously scared people ringing up who have seen the 2012 film trailer, and are asking if the world might end in 2012??? Perhaps debunk it, just like they did!

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
That's just silly, as the govt. states lots of things that are useful - such as sending children to school rather than bunking off.

Ever read 1984? The Orwellian government does the exact opposite of its stated intentions. Aaron Russo once said a Rockefeller told him that the reason they wanted to get women working the same as men was to send all children to public schools where they could be conditioned from a young age. I believe it.

How else are NASA expected to stop the 100's or even 1000's of ridiculously scared people ringing up who have seen the 2012 film trailer, and are asking if the world might end in 2012??? Perhaps debunk it, just like they did!

Yeah, right. That's totally something NASA is responsible for.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

What evidence do you have that NASA is receiving 1000's of scared people calling them?

Just speculation, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I agree with most of the others on here, NASA (Never A Straight Awnser) seems to lie through their teeth as much as the Government(s). I never personaly believe a word out of their collective mouths....... So if they are trying to debunk the 2012 theory then it must be true............... Time to panic

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
I never personaly believe a word out of their collective mouths....... So if they are trying to debunk the 2012 theory then it must be true...............

Exactly. No joke.

Someone once said that anything the government says, they immediately assume the opposite until proven otherwise. I have had a lot of success with that mentality.

I even have a modification: I assume something on a 90-degree tangent from what they actually say, because usually there is also a grain of truth in what they say, even when the over-all message is still a lie. So in other words they are usually leaving out the REAL thing they are trying to steer people away from, and only try to denounce straw-men arguments that are similar to the real claims they don't even want people to hear or think about.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Even if we could, why would we want to?

Wouldnt you rather not be counting down the days until a major earthquake or flood?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

If such a collision were real "astronomers would have been tracking it for at least the past decade, and it would be visible by now to the naked eye," it added. "Obviously, it does not exist."

"Credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012," it insisted.

This much is true. Niburu is so much nonsense spread by illiterates. Anyone who has even looked lightly into the Mayan Calendar knows the whole 2012 thing is a figment of some lively imaginations mixed with bad intentions by those who profit from spreading fear based on myths.

That NASA even needs to do this is an indictment on how illiterate much of our population is. The true conspiracy is the dumbing down of the populations of the world to a level where such nonsense can even be a subject of serious discussion.

This is a venture into the childish myths of uneducated cultures of the past. Zeus is not going to strike us down from on high on Mt. Olympus, nor is Planet X approaching the Earth. Such things are for children, fiction and the unfortunate illiterates in the adult world.

As a society we should hang our heads in shame that we have allowed the state of education in our so-called enlightened society devolve to a state where beliefs like this can even exist in our culture.

Critical thinking is our best defense in this world and yet it is lacking in our schools so people can be manipulated into one groups political ideology. This is the fallout from that.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Nibiru is real, but nobody can tell how close it is untill to late. Anyway, we need to try to understand this is not a "simple" fisical change. We are moving to the real time an another level of existence.

If anybody wants to know what I mean, search in the web " The Cosmic Plan", but if you feel to tired to read it, there is the video in youtube too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join