It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Swiss ready and proud to kill us all

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My flatmate has a theory.....if they do manage to create a mini black hole then the Swiss would become the world's largest importers of GARBAGE......That is their evil plan.....they will invent the ultimate garbage disposal system and charge the rest of the world to use it....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

This is your second "End of the World" thread in a week.

Do you have car insurance coming up or something?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ahhhhhhhhh,Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh,Ahhhhhhhh!!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Yet another end of the world. I almost look forward to the real end of the world, because it would also mean an end to the doomsday prophets.

It would be ironic that when the end of the world DOES come, the exact day and exact cause of the destruction take the doomsday prophets completely by surprise.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by aristocrat2

I believe that the Swiss are not evil.

But they need to get rid of that thing - stick to cuckoo clocks and choc, please, Switzerland.

To people who are fans of classics films, this should remind them of the famous "Cuckoo Clock Speech" from the great 1949 film The Third Man. In that movie, the character Harry Lime (Orson Welles) is explaining to his old friend Holly Martins (Joseph Cotton) why he feels that "peace and brotherly love" may be overrated.

Here's that line from the film:

"You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

[edit on 3/17/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Bah, I say let the CERN have their fun.. I mean, other countries detonate nuclear bombs different places. The swiss are just useing a hi-tech machine to make smaller particles try and do the same thing, in a sense.

Even if the world were to end as a result of it, it would be a interesting change.

Just think, you wouldn't have to goto work after that..

Evil swiss... sounds like a cheese.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Cygnis]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

stick to cuckoo clocks

The Swiss do not do Cuckoo clocks, they do take full advantage of the fact that people think they do cuckoo clocks by selling them to gullible tourists.

Cuckoo Clocks

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

stick to cuckoo clocks

The Swiss do not do Cuckoo clocks, they do take full advantage of the fact that people think they do cuckoo clocks by selling them to gullible tourists.

Cuckoo Clocks

Awww -- don't ruin Orson Welles' "Cuckoo Clock Speech" in the The Third Man for me (see my post above). That's one of my all-time favorite films.

Besides, even the article you linked points out that the Swiss originated the "Chalet-Style" of cuckoo clock, which is by far the most popular mental image people have for cuckoo clocks.

So I suppose that movie line is still valid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join