It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Swiss ready and proud to kill us all

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
News from CERN in Geneva.

The Large Hadron Collider has been repaired enough for protons to complete half a lap.

Swiss nearly ready for another attempt to create a man-made black hole that'll wipe us out in 38 seconds flat.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
If it is only a threat of a quick death than I'm not worried but if it involves something else a lot slower and exotic then I might consider running around and making chicken noises while slapping myself repeatedly with a lump hammer.

I am not sold on the theory of catastrophe and doom. The machine does look amazing and it seems such a waste not to flick the switch after spending so much time, effort and money on it.

Whats the worst that could happen?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2

The Large Hadron Collider has been repaired enough for protons to complete half a lap.

Swiss nearly ready for another attempt to create a man-made black hole that'll wipe us out in 38 seconds flat.

Life has been killing you since the day you were born, you'll die eventually anyway why does it matter if it's in a flash without you even knowing?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Evil Swiss ready and proud to kill us all

*Whew!* Thank God it's the Swiss, FINally. It was time we identified a new enemy anyway. At least they've chosen an MO whose worst-case potential would be reasonably quick, interesting and colorful.

I am really to the point where I am reduced to the role of watcher. The realm that I can positively effect has shrunk and I realize that there isn't jack squat I can do about the LHC and other manmade tangles with atomic and natural forces.

Sometimes this lust for knowledge yields great advancement for our species, and most of the time that advancement eventually yields a great weapon.

Still, I'll follow along with the workings and data (hopefully) and news of the LHC, along with you.

In the imortal words of my Bride when I told her about the baugette hitting some portion of the LHC and causing its shutdown:

"Thank God it wasn't a bagel. They're very heavy, you know."

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yet another end of the world. I almost look forward to the real end of the world, because it would also mean an end to the doomsday prophets.

The LHC is just a man-made machine. It's not going to kill the earth. It's not going to make an earth-devouring black hole. It's going to slam some hadrons together. This happens all the time in space, and in our own atmosphere. The only difference is, with the LHC, we'll be able to actually observe what happens when these things whack into each other.

Anyway, you talk about the end of the world like it's a bad thing. Considering the state of affair, I'm not entirely convinced that it wouldn't be an improvement.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

International project moron - or are you just deliberately stirring trouble.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The Swiss are trying to kill us! I should have known only an evil country would make cheese with holes. Now they don't want to stop there now there trying to create Black Holes.Wonder if thats to make the cheese faster?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
hmmm are the people saying that the machine will create a blackhole?? Blackholes are formed by huge amounts of gravity so great it is impossible for us to even create if we could make gravity. So that leaves mini black holes. I remember once that a mini black hole once passed through the earth some years ago. I cant remember the exact details but since we still here........

micro blackholes

BTW should this be in the science section and not the polictical?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by loner007]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

There have been various lawsuits regarding the [what is characterized as somewhat infentessimally small] possibility that the LHC could create a self-sustaining mini-black hole, or event worse (supposedly) and much more nearly impossible is the strangelet particle.

I don't think CERN wants to destroy the world.

LHC Homepage

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
....... interesting... I hadn't read this before. CERN's answer to Dan Brown's book, Angels and Demons

BTW, CERN calls itself an international organization and the LHC is in both Switzerland and France.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let me get this straight...once CERN generates this "thingamabob" we'll still have 38 seconds left before the complete destruction of planet Earth?

Man, I'm not sure that's enough time to grab a partner and dance...let alone turn on the music, set the mood, and pour that one last scotch.

Thanks for the warning...I'd better start planning.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
oh boy! I love fear mongering! can I play too?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

LOL

I seriously doubt you are accurate in your beliefs here considering you think the swiss are the only people working on CERN

Evil swiss.....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There are two things I don't trust in this universe; quantum singularities so powerful that not even light can escape... and the shifty Swiss.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
All you really have to do is look at the corporate logo used by Cern to get the idea that nothing good will come from it in the long term...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/88211b7a2058784d.jpg[/atsimg]

All the clues are staring everyone in the face but it is packaged as coincidence.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I believe that the Swiss are not evil.

But they need to get rid of that thing - stick to cuckoo clocks and choc, please, Switzerland.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

I believe that the Swiss are not evil.

But they need to get rid of that thing - stick to cuckoo clocks and choc, please, Switzerland.

Dont forget.

Swiss Army knifes.

Stereotyping or what?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Cuckoo clocks, chocolate and army knives (ty for for reminding me).

This is not stereotyping, it is fact.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by XXXN3O

Cuckoo clocks, chocolate and army knives (ty for for reminding me).

This is not stereotyping, it is fact.

True.

I was just joking of course.

Wonder if that list will grow to cuckoo clocks, toblerones, swiss army knives and destroying the whole planet.

I doubt that but I am expecting some form of weapon to begin development after the testing results etc.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hi X,

How are you?

If Switzerland is going to destroy the world - which I hope not - they have always been neutral and still are, I hope, but, as I said, it would be amazing - not in a good way, but in the way that everyone always trusted Switzerland. So it would be the ultimate joke.

I have this horrible feeling that we are the ultimate joke.

So it could be Switzerland.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join