It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostage Taking at WCB Center in Edmonton Oct 21st, Inside Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
On October 21st, 2009, Mr. Patrick Clayton of Edmonton, Alberta entered the W.C.B. building and held 9 people hostage in a campaign to inform the public of dehumanizing policies that had forced him into a total state of poverty and emotional hardship.

Although Mr. Clayton endured hardships for over 6 years after a work related injury, he never himself considered that one day it would come to the point it did. However, after interviewing numerous key people who have been victims of W.C.B. policies in the last decade, more insight has come forward.

C.L.A.S.S. CANADA has spoke to four individuals including Patrick Clayton's closest friend, his only brother, who have provided deep insight into the problems facing many injured workers and more precisely, Patrick Clayton.

(If this embed feature does not work for me, the videos can be found at www.classcanada.com...)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I live in the Edmonton area, and was attending the university across the river from downtown when this happened. My Mom works in a building directly across the street from the W.C.B., and witnessed the event take place. Word spread fast, and in a community where situations like this rarely, if not never happen, there were a lot of questions as to why this happened.

The issue of the corruption of the Workers Compensation Board needs much more attention, as it has ruined the lives of thousands of people, Mr. Clayton being just one of them. It is so tragic that his pain and suffering led him to do this, and altough I am in no way what so ever supporting his actions, I'm very glad that his story has come out.

Thanks for posting these videos, many questions can now be answered.

join