It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A review..........The Box [trailer]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This was a morality play and had a very good concept but it got lost in disjointed editing, corny green screen trickery, and scenes that lead nowhere and seemed added just to confuse the viewer. So many unanswered questions, deadends that by the end of the movie, I could care less about the outcome.
Cameron Diaz was OK.

www.youtube.com...
and I'm being generous here.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I wonder if the writer of the Twilight Zone episode this is clearly taken from, is the same or was paid for the movie rights...hehe...

The twist in the TZ episode was pretty cool, and I bet they use the same.

Will probably wait for video on this one....

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Will probably wait for video on this one....

Uh, only if you feel you really need to. Pretty much a waste of time.

G. Thanks for the reply. I don't expect replys anymore. I even begin to wonder if my reviews get read.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I even begin to wonder if my reviews get read.

I read all of them. You're usually right inline with my own sentiments regarding movies we both saw.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thank you! Please feel to add to my reviews pro or con.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I read them all Whaa!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Z. and thank you. Have you seen any of the films I've reviewed? If so...

How am I doin?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I've seen most, I agree and disagree at times, thats the beauty of individual preferences
I'm also a lass (who comes across as having geek chic) so I love chick flicks though can never admit that out loud to the real world for fear of crushing my persona, lol....
I like how you review them
You're thorough and review more than just whether you liked it or not, such the script tratement, DOP blah blah blah keep going!!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I read them too Whaaa.

I go to the cinema a lot and enjoy your reviews mate.

Although i don't always see the films you review, i still read all your reviews.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Whoa, now I'm about to cry. All this time I was feeling sorry for myself, thinking that all the hard work and effort I put in to taking my GF and I to the movies was all for nothing.

May the Good Lord take a like'in to ya!!

Each and every one gets the full count of

My life now has meaning.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

There ya go see?

Chin up dude.

Keep 'em coming

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Uh, only if you feel you really need to. Pretty much a waste of time.

G. Thanks for the reply. I don't expect replys anymore. I even begin to wonder if my reviews get read.

Actually, your review, although brief, is pretty much my impression of the movie from seeing the previews. Just because I may opt for video (where it costs $1), doesn't mean I don't want to see it, just that I'd rather pay $1 than $16 (for me and my wife). (and that's if no concessions, hehe)...

There are some movies that simply need to be seen in theaters (2012 for instance, just wouldn't be the same, even on a big screen LCD with great sound...), but this doesn't look like one of 'em.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Well, I tried to search for a review of this movie by looking up the title, just the word, and every other avenue I could possibly think of and found nothing. Very strange!

Regardless, I didn't know you did reviews, but I haven't really spent a great deal of time looking for many reviews. I spend my time in the other section of the site. lol Or if I am reviewing movies, I do it on the movie review thread.

I actually liked this movie. But I tend to like all movies that are strange and leave me puzzled. I gave it an 8/10. I still say everyone should see it. If for no other reason, just to open the door of possibilities in the mind. You'll understand when you see it if you haven't already.

Thanks for linking me over here, Whaaa.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

And thanks for your impressions of the film. When ever you see a movie that we should see or avoid please write a review also and never hesitate to critique my critiques.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The story is actually by Richard Matheson called Button, Button. It was made into a Twilight Zone episode and then into this movie.

I thought it was OK. There were some things I didn't get, like the gift at the wedding rehearsal. How does that get there and what is the point of it? And when the lady comes up to Diaz in the store with the warning. It seems like someone is helping them but who and why?

top topics

join