It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we missing something? when did you last feel fit and healthy ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have noticed people looking rundown nowadays, but I wonder if there's any correlation between that and the general rise in liquor sales... at least here in New Mexico.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To those who say think positive and be well........some of my friends and connections are the most positive people Ive ever known, some so laid back they are asleep. Others play pro football and follow a very strict eating and excercise regime. Both lifestyles are ailing as much as the other. I agree totally that what you put in your body and how you live has a major effect on your health, but, I know there is more to this than meets the eye. Today people have talked to me about their health and feelings of being run down, without prompt and without reading this thread.

There is something not quite right with all our health just now, its there in front of us, so lets start to pay attention to it.

Respects

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captiva

To add to what i said earlier i have to say that people work too hard these days... that's another reason for becoming ill but if you are seeing people you know who are genuinely ill and it's not because of a long hard slog then maybe there is something in the air

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Not only onions, but sauerkraut, you must get the kind from the refrigerator section, as the properties were not steamed out by canning processes.
There's a good brand in health food stores, with a granny name on it.

I placed a bet with my lung doctor that I'd do none of his antibiotics for a year, instead, I would eat sauerkraut.
A year and a pulmonary function test later, I was clear of mycaplasmas.
I think antibiotics are causing much of the 'run down' feeling in a lot of people.
If I want mold, I'll eat blue cheese.
Onions are great! Onions are detox!
Hot and sour soup is good for colds, and general malaise.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I do think that the GMO's have a great deal to do with our physical intolerance at this point - as well as many other factors.
Thanks for all of the links. I've been petitioning on this for sometime now.
It will be a great feat to remove the GMO seed from our present food source - they have contaminated the source to such a large degree.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I feel wonderful, but I always have, and I work 60 hours a week, eat what ever my "body" feels hungry for.
I don't exercise as much as I should, I'm rather sedentary when I am not at work, I also drink energy drinks, real bad for my blood pressure
I smoke too much
I don't drink alcohol at all
I DO drink filtered water maybe that's why, I still feel good
I have not been "sick" in 5 months or so, but I have had bad sinus headaches for a day, (on weekends of course)
I work with Many sick people, from AIDS to skin infections and cancer
They call me "superman" at work

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Others play pro football and follow a very strict eating and excercise regime.

Clearly not strict enough if they still get sick, you don't get sick when your healthy! If you get sick your not healthy, simple as that

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

Clearly not strict enough if they still get sick, you don't get sick when your healthy! If you get sick your not healthy, simple as that

It would be so sweet if life was as simple as that, but as Im sure you are aware, life is not painted in colours of black and white. There are a multitude of greys in between.

Respects

[edit on 12-11-2009 by captiva]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

It will be a great feat to remove the GMO seed from our present food source - they have contaminated the source to such a large degree.

The more I find out about GMOs the more they scare the S.... out of me. I may be a Chemist and a capitalist but on this subject I agree with the extreme left - Do not screw with Mother Nature.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

It would be so sweet if life was as simple as that, but as Im sure you are aware, life is not painted in colours of black and white. There are a multitude of greys in between.

Respects

[edit on 12-11-2009 by captiva]

Guess what it is that simple when you live life in accordance with nature!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not joking ya but you can actually feel ill when you read or hear too much about illnesses...

i saw this episode of CSI a while back which had this very thing happening where one person on the plaane was ill and then sometime after another person thought they were ill and then another puked up and so on and so forth.... turned out that there was only one person who was actually ill.... the rest just thought too much about contracting whatever it was that the ill person had and so became ill themselves through thought of being ill.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No shots, we take oxide silvers and vitamins daily.... we stopped eating red meat and we have never been healthier or happier. I think stopping the red meat has made the biggest difference... mind you I CRAVE my bacon cheesbuger (omg) but I can't seem to get one in my mouth anymore. = )

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygen56

yeah, i know. i crave cheeseburgers and KFC regularly. But its just not worth it. i know how bad it is for me and how yuk i will feel afterwards.

people dont realize how much healthier theyd feel if they dropped red meat dairy and sugar (and ate more vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, chickepeas, lentils, wholegrains instead - oh a free range egg couple times a week if you're concerned about protein). I know it sounds crap, but you will feel so healthy you'll end up sticking to it.

my advice: try it for a few months. if you dont feel better, your money back...

also involves dropping processed foods, coke, soft drinks, cakes etc, caffeine (black tea and coffee ) and alcohol. or you could just start with a few things and build up to total deprivation
but i do GUARANTEE you will feel better, hows that?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
doesnt matter if you know or not.

karma works in that - if you do wrong or harm - that harm will be visited back on you; whether you are aware of it or not.

dont blame me, i dont make the rules.

maybe humans are here to DISCOVER the wrongs they are doing unconsiously and to CHANGE their behaviour?

to LEARN about right and wrong?

to suffer the consequences if they refuse to learn?

learning might be - only take what you need to survive; care about hte planet; dont eat more than you need; dont eat foods out of indulgence or that you dont need to survive

e.g. if you dont NEED to eat so much meat (kill so many animals) and yet you do out of greed etc, then maybe you'll reap bad karma.

wheras a lion that only takes what it needs and is required by nature to kill animals wont get the bad karma in the same way.

or the bushman that apologises to his kill and treats animals with great respect and love and only eats what he needs to survive wont get the karma either??

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Some well thought out ideas and some very good information, thankyou.

The sinus blockage is interesting as I was given spray steroids to clear the sinus drainage from my left ear by my doctor. Chest infections are again common in so many people right now. I think there can be a problem with sinus infection and the drainage dripping into the lungs? well it was something like that said by the doctor. So that may be a connection.

On a side, a very old friend of mine was discussing the populations ailments with me today. He said that mother earth was creating allergies in us all in revenge for the damage we have done to her.

That statement may not be as crazy as you first think.

Respects

I thought I would say this and its not entirely what I want to say to that but I dont want to argue

If mother earth was exacting revenge for the damage we are doing to her, it would be quite evident because every trillionaire, oil tycoon, banker, corrupt politician, paper maker etc would be falling severely ill.

Which is not the case.

I am sure you can respect my viewpoint, and I know that what you posted was a friends viewpoint.

If this mother earth is exacting revenge then she is not as intelligent as people think because she is destroying the people who are unaware instead of the people who are causing the damage.

Cheers.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by XXXN3O]

Mother earth doesnt take revenge.

she loves all her children, be they oil billionaires or poor people.

they are all her children, so are the animals and the plants.

mother earth is in pain, but can be healed.

if things happen, they will happen because they must.

people are here to learn. sometimes learning can be difficult.

if you see the consequences of your actions, then you can fix them. and understand why they might be wrong.

for example, if eating meat that you dont need to eat gives you heart disease, you learn its not necessary for you to eat so much meat; you cut down; etc. see above for lions taking what they need only etc.

Or you learn that by you having billions of dollars children will starve; or that in the end this will affect YOU too. YOU will suffer because you took more than you needed to. and caused the earth itself to suffer.

or you learn that we are all realiant on each other and huamns cannot exist in isolation from animals and nature. if the bees and the birds die, so will we. if we cut down all the trees and all the koalas die, it will set off a chain reaction that will hurt US. so selfishness is rewarded with harm to the self.

selflessness brings benefits to the self.

it may SEEM that selfishness leads to big cars, money and a great life.
but this is in the end, will lead to HARM to the self.
once people realize this, they wont want to harm the self; and they will change their lifestyle. because it will help THEM as well as others..

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Points to ponder:

ever consider, when you go into a shopping mall, and see all the stuff on display.

that it might be there to tempt you?

that all the pretty shoes, handbags, all the lovely perfumes, and pretty clothes and jewellery... isnt it just a bit TOO perfect? and there's so much of it, and its all there, waiting for you.

But do you really NEED it?

you could be spending your money somewhere else?

do you really need the latest fashion in shoes or the new gucci handbag?

would you feel happier if you DIDNT have it?

why should people only like you if you're dressed fashionably? YOU are not the clothes you wear or the shoes you buy, or the latest gadget?

Are you spending on stuf you dont ReALLY need or want; when you REALLY want something else: like love, a close family, happy neighbours and friends, leisure time, a job you ENJOY, peace, a clean environment, to know there are no starving children in the world; and rainforests arent being cut down; products that dont have harmful chemicals in them that will hurt you; no cruelty to animals; enough food for everyone; peace and secutiry and happiness for your children, etc.

arent these the things you ReALLY want?

but it feels so hopeless, that you shop for stuff you dont want or need instead?

because you are not happy?

thats why we all need to change, because what we're doing now isnt making people happy quite often; isnt makingi the planet and animals happy; and isnt helping us healthwise.

things could be so much better and i think people CAN make this happen if they want.

its worht a try anyway, i wud say.

anyway; im not meaning to preach to people, this is as much a reminder to me as it is to anyone else. i go offtrack too sometimes. i just think this is what people SHOULD be doing...

[edit on 14-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join