It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pyramid Theory: Alien Landmarks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
According to the Orion Correlation theory there is a correlation between the location of the three largest pyramids in Egypt and the 3 middle stars of the constellation Orion.

The Egyptian pyramids were originally built as tombs. But, pyramid builders in Mexico had an entirely different purpose in mind. According to Mexican lore the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon were built to honor the birth of the Sun and Moon gods. 

In both cases it was the leaders or rulers who ordered them to be constructed, but it still does not answer the question as to how a dozen totally different cultures that spoke different languages figured out how to build something so similar in shape.

Everybody knows that pyramids can be found in Egypt and in Mexico but you usually get a strange look from people when you tell them that pyramids have also been found in Greece, the Sudan, and some as far away as China. There must be a common thread that connects these various cultures to this specific type of structures, a thread that transcends time and language barriers.

This is where my theory comes in. If alien traveler wanted to construct landmarks large enough that they could be seen from the air the best way would be to have the locals do the work for you. There's no denying the similarity between orions belt and the pyramids, maybe not perfect but very close.

Since nobody can explain how they were built, your idea is as good as mine. What do you think? 

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You're definitely correct on many points. People from different lands, who never traveled to each other's lands, built these massive pyramids. Is it possible that the ships that flew around in those days resembled pyramid shapes?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

that could be. I think there was some communication between the alien race and they gave the builders a design.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have often thought about how pyramid technology flourished in so many different places.

I once read that the Atlantians were theorized to have been the first pyramid builders, and after having flooded the Atlantians sailed ships of survivors (and engineers I presume) in all directions to possibly spread the knowledge on all continents. Just a wild thought.

I read a while back too, that a giant pyramid was found in eastern Europe I think somewhere. Very cool those pyramids

Not a far stretch to thnk they correlate with Astronomy

star and flag for out of box thinking

(go leafs go)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
alright now, there are some things about the egyptian pyramids which are still up in the air like their construction. Not the blocks you see on the outside but the roof of the kings chaber is made of 9 grannite slabs the weigh about 25 tons each, how did they do it???????
But the whole other cultures building them around the world is not really a mystery at all as you could say the same things about many things they made. Arrows, knives, dwellings are pretty much the same the arrows are pointy the knives are sharp and the dwellings have 4 walls and a roof, no aliens needed. They probably built giant pyramids because it was like building a mountian, it is a display of power. The egyptians were very into spiritual things and the afterlife so it is no wonder why they would build a monument like that for their kings. In south america sacrafice was all the rage so they built something to sacrafice on top of and in rome they were more into entertainment so they had the colosseum.
But if you are dead set on the aliens thing then sure why not aliens came here and used their superior technology to build useless structures here on earth, atlantis,niburu, ANUNAKI REPTILIA.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I really wouldn't know why an advanced technological race would need landmarks to find anything. I doubt they were using sextants and other archaic devices to find their way around. I'd guess they could probably map out the entire surface of our planet in quick order, and pinpoint any spot almost instantly. We are lightyears from being that advanced, but even we can find almost any spot on the globe with ease now.

Pyramids were not a practical shape, but they were a "mystical" shape as it were. It's not like the shape was a mystery. Once a civilization figured out the pyramid shape, makes sense that they would build them, probably in most cases for religious purposes. There are still differences in many of them around the world, they are hardly identical.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

It's not all that weird that they ended up building pyramids all over the world. At first glance it is perplexing but when you think about what humans dwelled in. Tents, huts, caves all of which are typically either domed or conical. This is a very common building shape and is a shape that occurs in nature (many mountains are pyramid shaped). Now it's still weird that they decided to build such massive pyramids but I don't think that means we need to jump to ALIENS all of a sudden.

It is possible they were originally built for the gods, and those gods might have been aliens though very little (if any) proof of that remains. One things for sure though, pyramids were on the ancient's minds.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
but it still does not answer the question as to how a dozen totally different cultures that spoke different languages figured out how to build something so similar in shape.

I firmly believe that humans have had contact from visitors from other worlds throughout the ages, however I believe their is a very logical explanation as to why the pyramid shape has been used all over the world.

Just imagine, if you wanted to build a tall structure, but all you had was stone and rubble, how would you do it?

If you made a huge dirt heap, it would naturally form an inverted cone type shape. Why? Because it is a stable structure. Any other shape would require some kind of external supports to hold the structures shape

Try building a giant cube out of dirt - it will collapse back to a cone shape.

Now, if you want to make the structure out of cut stone blocks, it is much much easier to work with square blocks, build a square base, and finish up with a pyramid, rather than a cone. The pyramid has basically the same load-distributing properties as the cone, and the same stability, but easier to build with stone.

So in summary, pyramids are found all over the world because
- sloping structures (cones, pyramids, etc) are naturally stable
- squares blocks are easiest to cut and build with

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

i believe in alien visitation, including ancient visitation and interaction. but i can not, for the life of me, understand why pyramids or sky views of monkeys and the like in south america would be used by super advanced alien beings for navigation. what ever they traversed to get here whether it be space, time, dimensions, a combination, or something else entirely would be a little more complicated than building landmarks to fly around earth. Even human beings don't use landmarks like this anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I thought pyramids were just Mother Earth's .... herpes sores.

The pyramids are not that much of a mystery if you do a little research into it, ... its amazing what you can get done in a world without TV and a few hundred thousand slaves.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

I never built them so I have no idea. just exploring every possibility. I hope someday we discover the truth about the pyramids

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Star and Flag

I totally believe that the Extraterrestrials either built or helped built the pyramids.

Man of that time would not have had the technology or tools to construct those landmarks by hand or without intelligent assistance.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
You're definitely correct on many points. People from different lands, who never traveled to each other's lands, built these massive pyramids. Is it possible that the ships that flew around in those days resembled pyramid shapes?

How do you know they never traveled or visited other lands? If anything, I am pretty sure that is has pretty much been proven that the ancient world was very connected and had many travelers.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Why not, exactly? The pyramids are not technologically or mathematically clever, not near so much as the Roman's constructions, or Greeks.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

They are very much technological and very much mathematical constructed....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

In both cases it was the leaders or rulers who ordered them to be constructed, but it still does not answer the question as to how a dozen totally different cultures that spoke different languages figured out how to build something so similar in shape.

Snipped OP of superfluous material.

You forget one simple thing: mountains! There's mountains everywhere. And in the desert, winds blow sand dunes into pyramidal shapes. Rulers and priests and shamans want to get as close to "heaven" as possible. Nothing mysterious about different peoples building similar structures.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Snipped OP of superfluous material.

You forget one simple thing: mountains! There's mountains everywhere. And in the desert, winds blow sand dunes into pyramidal shapes. Rulers and priests and shamans want to get as close to "heaven" as possible. Nothing mysterious about different peoples building similar structures.

oh no nothing mysterious at all. exept for the fact they were built thousands of years before christ's time.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

What does Christ have to do with it? The concept of heaven and of God on a mountain dates back thousands and thousands of years before Christ too. I seem to remember one major example, maybe, OLYMPUS, or how about God on Mount Sinai?

There are only so many shapes that are stable to build and it turns out ancient man discovered pyramid was one of those shapes. BTW many pyramids are built thousands of years apart from each other, some Mayan pyramids were even built AFTER Christ a far cry from the age of Egyptian Pyramids. So apparently these pyramid loving aliens were a little slow on spreading their knowledge

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

[snip]
oh no nothing mysterious at all. exept for the fact they were built thousands of years before christ's time.

What does a title (christ, NOT a name!) have to do with the OP? What evidence do you have that the person called "christ", which means the anointed one and is not a name, actually existed? If your life depended on it, you could NOT come up with it.

There is nothing mysterius about pyramids or that more than one group got the same idea. Lots of hard work, lots of blood, sweat and tears.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
S&F I think this is pretty interesting. That these giant structures or lines put on the earth are some sort of cosmic barcode. Maybe their ships scan distant planets looking for these codes on the surface?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join