It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media says everyone in Britain could be given a personal carbon allowance...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
According to new media reports everyone in Britain could be given a new carbon allowance - couldn't see that coming could we :@:@

Link to article

It would work like a bank account and when your carbon credits hit zero you'd have to pay to get more credits!

It's the carbon tax us "conspiracy theorists" have been saying would happen...

...it's all coming true.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
people were warned by retired politicians that the "global warming" and "climate change" would be scooped up by the goverment as another avenue of power.

it is charging people for doing nothing different, it is ridiculous. why do people not do anything to bring down this tyrany?

We need to do something, something drastic. the people must show the goverment enough is enough. While we still can.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Three cheers for the Conspiracy Theorists!!!

Boos and hisses for the New World Order!!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I absolutely agree with you - but what can people do?

We live in an age where the world is smaller than ever, we can communicate with someone on the other side of the world in an instant unyet we are all divided and disorganised, relying on tptb and the big corporations for everything.

You probably couldn't even start a peaceful movement without being labled "terrorists".

But you ARE right!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stanton Dowd
reply to post by MR BOB

I absolutely agree with you - but what can people do?

Riot or not pay it or protest. They can't send everyone to jail.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

My mother was actually part of the poll tax riots so I get your point.

The only problem I've got is that the anti-terror laws are really there to stop things like that happening.

Start protesting and you'll soon be locked up for being a "terrorist".

It's like the film V for Vendetta says "governments should be afraid of their people..." But they're not are they? Because they are all, when it comes down to it, totalitarian.

What can people do?

Start a revolution - a secret organisation for the people?

If only there were such a thing!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Let me guess- The Royals and elites/ rich people are exempt? It's us profane, unwashed masses who must pay, right?

Or at least all 'they' can do is write up a check and not worry about it but WE have to watch our carbon nickles and dimes.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And there's more!!!!!!!!!

"Families will pay a new levy on electricity bills for at least the next 20 years to fund technology designed to capture the carbon from coal-fired power stations."

news article

What the hell is the world coming to and what can people do?

Are our children and grandchildren going to have to live with this bullsh*t "climate change" nonsense - that's just designed to take more money from people?!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Topic title gave me a bad feeling in my guts. However upon reading the article it doesn't seem so bad I suppose, if it turns out that the average joe actually profits from this. Then again what are the chances of that?

I'm a little skeptical about how this will all balance up in the end, but I'll need to see some cold hard numbers before I jump to any conclusions.

I urge everyone to actually read the article before forming their opinions and spewing them into this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I totally agree with your take on the situation Stanton.

We have been force-fed this drivel about pandemics and global warming, now referred to innocently as climate change, and as a result have become generally complacent and ignorant about the entire situation.

It's almost as if it has been with us forever and there is no way to stop it from happening. So we transfer our power willingly to our governments to protect us, and we get what we deserve.

Now it seems as if World Government will come to pass as a result of new climate change agreements.

Generally speaking, it is easily concluded that humans are a stupid breed and should not be allowed off this rock. Accounting thus for the general avoidance of contact by other more advanced races.

Thus endeth the lesson on all pertinant topics for any future discussions. LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just registered here to let you guys know about lawfull rebellion. Common law and our god given rights etc. The movement is getting bigger everyday.

UK: tpuc.org
Everywhere else: thinkfree.ca

Also, check out TheAntiTerrorist on youtube.

Good luck

top topics

join