It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have We Forgotten God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has grown.

But we have forgottten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own,

Intoxicated with unbroken success we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us.

It has seemed to me fit and proper that God should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged, as with one heart and one voice, by the whole of the American people. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November as a day of Thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the heavens.

-Abraham Lincoln
1963 Thanksgiving Proclamation

May we all enjoy a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

Peace as always,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
May you also have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving

God BLess

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You know theres not a day that i dont think of God and yet I still forget him. Sometimes I know he's here and sometimes I don't know. God bless him and all. and forgive my weakness.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by slymattb

Lord help us in our disbelief to believe. We all need a little supernatural encouragement from time to time.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

What a beautiful post, Grandma! And I pray for myself and all of us to understand just what it means to be Thankful that we are always in His hands. But I do think that the Spirit of God is indeed moving within His people, and I see increasing evidence of the awareness of such. As the Lord calls us, it is up to us whether we recognize his voice and determine WHOSE voice it is. We know when we hear His voice, to prayerfully study the Book of Truth, but for some who don't recognize Him, may enter into mysticism.

Some will call it the Age of Aquarius; but, if it must be given a name, I would prefer to call it Enlightenment. To those who would receive the Word, it shall mean the mysteries of God shall be revealed. To others, it's source and interpretation is whatever 'new age' cult they subscribe to.

I'm not a watcher of the constellations or astrological signs in any way, but I was reading Rev. 12 (I saw a sign in heaven), which led me to this quote:

...Today, we are living at the end of the Age of Pisces; and the first house cardinal is Aries. Judaism's birth, however, was during the Age of Aries, Earth would occupy the first-house cardinal position! We are now passing into the Age of Aquarius; and Pisces will become the first house cardinal sign! There is great historico-astrological evidence for these eternal linkages.

www.geocosmic.org...

Also from same source:

....The age of Pisces brought about the promise of other-worldly salvation, of the fisher of men; and the first house cardinal Aries taught the world about the lamb of God. And the Passover of the Jew, which means to us political freedom, became the sacrifice of the Mass, which to the Christian is freedom from sin and its hold upon a salvational future.Now we are entering the Age of Aquarjus, which holds forth its promise of society based upon companionship and understanding. But the Age of Aquarius will be made manifest through the operation of its first house cardinal, Pisces. The mystery of creative relationships among humanities... this will be the key and the guide to how Aquarius is made manifest. The mystical, the relational, and communicative, the intuitive...these will link God, humanity, the universe, into a balanced unity. Once again we have come full circle and are faced with the creativity of the communicative act as the key to the salvational process. Herein lies the mystery of Judaism, and still another legacy to astrology.

(The Savior is considered to be born in the Age of Pisces)

Now again, it is dangerous for me to try to interpret the signs of the heavens, because I never really studied these things. And even now, I don't want to spend much time away from the Word. But take comfort that all will be revealed, in His time, and thank Him that he gives us true understanding, again in His time.

I am also of the understanding that we are indeed living in the last days (yes it's been said before). Is this age of enlightenment connected heavenly with the Age of Aquarius?? Of a certainty I cannot say. But take heart Grandma, the Lord is very active in the world today, and He is calling ALL our hearts to Him. I am so thankful He has called me, and He has given us a heart which is capable to recognize His voice.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Mary Jane

Also, I have printed your posted quote and will recite it with my family as we sit to dinner on Thanksgiving Day- Thanks!
[edit on 11/10/2009 by maryjk_99]

[edit on 11/10/2009 by maryjk_99]

new topics

top topics

join