It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien speech analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just thought I'd ask the ATS collective, what peoples thought are regarding the following two videos.

First video examines speech patterns found in a radio signal from the Cassini spacecraft:

The Cassini spacecraft began detecting these radio emissions in April 2002, when Cassini was 374 million kilometers (234 million miles) from the planet, using the Cassini radio and plasma wave science instrument. The radio and plasma wave instrument has now provided the first high resolution observations of these emissions, showing an amazing array of variations in frequency and time. The complex radio spectrum with rising and falling tones, is very similar to Earth's auroral radio emissions. These structures indicate that there are numerous small radio sources moving along magnetic field lines threading the auroral region.

NASA link

-Sound pattern 1
-Sound pattern 2

On my web travels, i came across this spectral editing software:

...spectrogram editing and synthesis capabilities, making use of unique spectrograph, synthesis and filtering algorithms developed specifically to achieve the best results possible. Photosounder turns sound processing problems into image processing challenges, and brings the power and flexibility of familiar image processing tools to the creation and transformation of sounds.

Homepage

On the website, they have this interesting video, where fractals and photographs are turned into sounds.

Do you notice the similarity???????

Do ET's communicate by using EM radiation as pictures? Perhaps there is more efficient transmission of information if electromagnetic radiation (or sound waves), are recorded or mapped as the spectrum of pictures?

Fuzzy logic, but i'm just thinking aloud. I'd love the thoughts of anyone more technically inclined.

Edit: The fractals seem to be the most interesting picture sound patterns, so perhaps interlacing images that follow the Golden Ratio, means more info can be communicated by layering fractal patterns.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I always liked that transmission andthought there was something to it. It sounds decayed but it sounds like there was something there.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

I wonder what these would look like if the sounds from the first vid were actually turned into pictures? Wonder if that is possible...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Perhaps it would be this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/507a89542b18.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
use crop circles.... maybe they will have some sort of message.

crop circles are the perfect designs for this type of program.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hm. This is very interesting. Space doesn't make those noises

I agree with the crop circles. I always thought they were some kind of message.
Pictures of some sort.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Have you guys ever played around with radio? Probably too young. But I will say this, the audio you hear from some natural sources (possibly combined with electronic interference) will blow your mind. Just ask Tesla, lol.

The point is, we have no idea that we have the entire collection of natural radio emissions (or interpretations that are correct) on file. While I would love to play the dough-eyed believer game and transpose my inner most fantasies on something I don't fully understand, I have to step back and say that taking the least probable conclusion and assigning it front and center is the opposite of "deny ignorance".

I understand enough about it to state that I don't know what I don't know, but I also understand enough to state that as time goes on it probably wont surprise me to find many strange, but natural, frequencies floating around out there.

Our solar system is polluted, trying to understand the "sounds" of the universe based on anything gathered around this neighborhood can't be done.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I like the crop circle idea. Can the sounds be translated back into pictures. Can they translate the audio from the probe into a photo ?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought sound didn't travel in space. Like natural sounds like if i yelled at you in space you could not hear it. Is radio frequency a frequency that sounds travel in but humans here on earth don't make use of?
I guess what I'm trying to ask is do normal, day to day events involve radio frequency, and if not, how were these "radio emissions" detected on radio frequncy if they are naturally occuring phonomenon.

I'm sure I'm just ignorant of the process but there are probably others like me who just don't remember the definitions of sound waves from science 10

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Sound can be thought of as a side effect of the compression of atoms (a mechanical wave, vibration) and therefore won't travel in a vacuum (space). The sounds you hear are the transduction of electromagnetic waves from a source into mechanical waves using fractal scaling. It's a facsimile.

Think of it this way... You hear sounds from your speaker because it pushes all the atoms in between (air, the medium) which reaches and vibrates receptors in your ear, which is transduced again into an electrical signal that your brain can interpret. You couldn't hear anything if you took the wire out of the back of your speaker and stuck it in your ear!

And those EM frequencies are far too high to be transduced into sound waves directly (far far far above ultrasound even) and so a scaling method is used to drop the octaves so we can actually hear it out of the speakers (between roughly 50Hz - 28kHz). Lots of processing, but pretty damned cool!

If my math is right, if a constant 30mHz frequency is dropped down 11 'octaves' and transduced into sound waves, you would hear it as a ~14,648.4 Hz sound (30,000,000/2^11).

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Flux8]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Good question heyo...

Sound does indeed need air. When a noise is made it does two things; it causes compression and rarefaction of the air molecules. Think of a slinky - if you tap it one end, a longitudinal wave 'pulses' down the coil as the energy from one coil hits its neighbour. Eventually, the pulse is received at the other end. This is why sound travels well in water, because the molecules are more closely packed than compared to air, so attenuation or loss of the original sound, isn't as pronounced. Whales use this even more so, by using long wavelengths to talk underwater, much like we bounce radio waves off the ionosphere. We hear sound when the vibrating air molecules hit our ear drum, which then also starts vibrating like the end of the slinky.

The sounds in the OP are from electro-magnetic waves that travel at the speed of light. These EM waves are sinusoidal (curvy like a camels back) waveforms, of which there are many from infra-red to gamma to visible light. These waves can have many different frequencies (the distance between the peaks and troughs). If the wavelength is long, they are towards the radio frequency part of the electro-magnetic spectrum. If the frequencies are very short, they could be X-rays.

The alien sounds are just radio waves. They are all around us but we can't hear them with our normal hearing because they are out of our auditory range. We use aerials that resonate with the frequencies (tuning) allowing you to listen to your favourite radio station.

The alien noise is just a collection of 'random' radio waves that's fed into a spectrum analyser which then interprets it into sound.

HTH

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

In regards to the sounds with fractile video, I wonder if anyone has studied and paired sounds with crop circles and how it would sound.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Have you guys ever played around with radio? Probably too young. But I will say this, the audio you hear from some natural sources (possibly combined with electronic interference) will blow your mind. Just ask Tesla, lol.

The point is, we have no idea that we have the entire collection of natural radio emissions (or interpretations that are correct) on file. While I would love to play the dough-eyed believer game and transpose my inner most fantasies on something I don't fully understand, I have to step back and say that taking the least probable conclusion and assigning it front and center is the opposite of "deny ignorance".

I understand enough about it to state that I don't know what I don't know, but I also understand enough to state that as time goes on it probably wont surprise me to find many strange, but natural, frequencies floating around out there.

Our solar system is polluted, trying to understand the "sounds" of the universe based on anything gathered around this neighborhood can't be done.

I have to agree with you. Saying something "must be" does not mean it is. In other words, believing something does not make it so. That sound could have been anything! Just because it can be anything does not meat that it IS an alien message.

It does sound really cool though. Whyone know where to download more sounds like this?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

thanks for your reply!

You too P.O.S. it is things like this that make me love the this site.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by heyo]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I found this interesting, what if we could turn that sound into a picture somehow? The exact opposite of what that program does. That would be cool to see.

top topics

join