It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Many Rainbows.... Meteorologist needed (With Photos)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Odds - exactly -
this is really the question of the hour.
What are the odds?

Pretty slim for the ones dashen saw

Although frequent halos often happen twice across Europe and the US each week. It just depends on what kind of conditions there are

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by dashen
Is this normal?

Originally posted by pieman
no!!! it really isn't.

Ummm, yes it is.

ummmmm, no it isn't!!! you call 5-8 rainbows in various parts of the sky at the same time normal?!?

dashen believes he saw "a supralateral arc, a 46 degree halo ,an infralateral arc, a hastings arc and some diffuse arcs" all at the same time. any one of these would be interesting to see by itself, noteworthy, all of them at the same time seems positively abnormal?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Believe being the operative word there. To the untrained eye, misidentification of halos is common, and its not unusual for the sky to have more than one different type of phenomena. As he was travelling, the halo's he saw would have indeed changed, as the perspective of one's position relative to the sun, and the postion relative to the ice crystal would be different.

I suppose you want to believe so bad, you will just attribute this to HAARP or some other conspiracy.....the former being likely, as you dont seem to understand much about any optical meteorological phenomena

But what would I know I only do this for a living

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

just to butt in, we werent moving as we saw everything. We were outside our store. The whole time.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

just to butt in, we werent moving as we saw everything. We were outside our store. The whole time.

Ok cool

Maybe you should contact the guy at the atmospheric optics webiste. He would be pretty intereste in what you had to offer. The guys an absolute guru when it comes to this kind of stuff

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Kinda looks like it might have something to do with the camera lens and the windshield, given the circular pattern that tapers off.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

All the pictures were snapped outdoors. We werent IN the car when we saw the first reflection.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Take a look at this:

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Is this what it looked like?

That is a very cool website. Didn't realize there were so many variations of rainbows.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Pretty darn close actually, but not exactly and there were additional halos in the northwest and northeast.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
circumhorizontal arcs are probably the coolest rainbow phenomina i've ever seen

[edit on 9-11-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
actaulyl that was an interdimensional portal.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
actaulyl that was an interdimensional portal.

LOL

Where did you get that idea from? Isnt the halo/ice crytsal phenomena plausible enough for you

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Wow, nice pictures! That is amazing and I wish I could've seen that. I saw, once, two rainbows. One was running east/west and the other one was north/south and it looked like they were on top of eachother. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Sometimes...it's simply magic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd0d5bf5ab54.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-11-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I like you Canucks, you keep things simple, The Beer Store... that's all they sell. I love Sleeman's Cream Ale.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Thanks for the photo's and taking the time to post them. I get to see lots of sundogs and other interesting stuff in the sky up here and I always enjoy seeing this stuff. Even saw God Rays coming from the wrong side of the sky at sunrise about 9 years ago.

Oz, thanks for the explanation and link to that site.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

in australia? nice living. "it's raining" or "it's sunny", well done, how long did it take you to grasp that?

What an idiot...

Do I really need a second line to elaborate? Pretty sure that sums it up after your general completely ignorant insult.

pfft indeed.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

in australia? nice living. "it's raining" or "it's sunny", well done, how long did it take you to grasp that?

What does that have to do with the thread?

clearly, what you don't know is how to read simple english. maybe if you spent less time assuming you know everything there is to know and more time reading the posts you're responding to, you might learn something.

Ok, personal attacks, good on you mate...bet you feel really smart dont you

HAARP!?! ffs!

i know you don't have any more of an idea what the OP saw than i do, pull your head out.

Yeah thats why I posted three links within seven minutes of the OP posting his images

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

well, if you're going to be patronising and use your self proclaimed expertise as a sort of a veto on opinion and discussion, expect people to react badly. the fact that you're a meteorologist (or the channel6 bimbo) doesn't mean much if none of the weather conditions you are aware of actually fit the bill here.

the truth is, you haven't actually given any reasonable suggestion as to what was actually observed. what you have done, repeatedly, is suggest that the OP must be wrong because their account doesn't match up to what you assume they observed.

ah, forget it, i can't be bothered with your close minded crap.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join