It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism - conspiratorial?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'll preface this by saying I'm a huge supporter of women and women's rights, I love women, I generally prefer their company to men.

Feminism, on the other hand, bothers me. For one thing, it's not what it claims to be. Feminists will tell you feminism is about promoting the equality between women and men, but in fact, it is an agenda that is meant to punish men for alleged, collective historical atrocities towards women and believes that females on average are morally superior to males.

The original "feminists" of the 19th century, such as the suffragists, were NOT akin to today's feminists. Few people, men or women or white or black people, really had rights in those days. The reason why only men could vote is because voting was seen as the place of a man (I do not agree, but it's not because women were seen as collectively inferior in every way to men like feminists will make you believe).

The very name "feminism" implies an agenda, when you think about it! The elite of today love feminism because it promotes de-population. Think about it - feminism is about EUGENICS. The reason why feminism is connected to abortion, even though abortion is horrible psychologically to most women who get them, is because it's REAL purpose is not to "empower" women, but to reduce birth rates.

Did you know women are less happy today than they were 40, 50 years ago? WHY? Because now, they have to be moms AND work!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy women have the CHOICE to go into career, but the feminist school of thought kinda looks down upon women who just love being moms and wives.

The real gender problem is not a lopsided victimization of women by men, but rigid gender roles that do not work for everyone.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It seems to me the Feminist movement has been hijacked by a number of factions. I dont think that the original feminists intended for ultra minis to be an expression of womens liberation. That being said, I dont see malice and plot, but a great movement that lost momentem and is trying to find itself. On the same coin, Feminism as the US saw it from 1900-1970 is happening in India right now. Indian women are fighting for the the ability to have a choice. Legaly they have many rights that westren women have, but socially they are just as oppressed as women in some arab countries. Mind you the women in Mumbi or New Deli are very much more liberated then the women of rural India. but then that is the same in the US is it not? End of the day, Feminism is not just about choice, but about being accepted in socity for making one choice or another.

EDIT: To add last line.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Obinhi]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I agree. I have female friends & family who WANT to be housewives, and want to have many babies, cook & clean, etc, but modern feminists would frown upon that. It started out innocent with good intentions, and now some of them have become Radicals.

new topics

join