It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KBR may have poisoned 100,000 people in Iraq: lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

KBR may have poisoned 100,000 people in Iraq: lawsuit

Defense contractor KBR may have exposed as many as 100,000 people, including US troops, to cancer-causing toxins by burning waste in open-air pits in Iraq, says a series of class-action lawsuits filed against the company.

At least 22 separate lawsuits claiming KBR poisoned American soldiers in Iraq have been combined into a single massive lawsuit that says KBR, which until not long ago was a subsidiary of Halliburton, sought to save money by disposing of toxic waste and incinerating numerous potentially harmful substances in open-air "burn pits."

According to one of the lawsuits (PDF), filed in a federal court in Nashville, KBR burned "tires, lithium batteries ... biohazard materials (including human corpses), medical supplies (including those used during smallpox inoculations), paints, solvents, asbestos insulation, items containing pesticides, polyvinyl chloride pipes, animal carcasses, dangerous chemicals, and hundreds of thousands of plastic water bottles."

More...

Lovely.

:shk:

Here's the .pdf link.

See a related thread from last year: Troops sickened at Iraq bases using KBR water.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by loam]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Great Find!

I guess it's KBR contribution to Global Warming...

All the stuff that was being burned in those open pits... a perfect place to get rid of evidence to mass-genocide.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When Saddam poisons people, he is an evil tyrant who needs to be eliminated. When an American based company poisons people, it's business as usual.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Where's the lawsuit from all those suffering cancer from DU dust? Go look at cancer rates post invasion for an idea. KBR is a convenient cover it seems..

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Easy now guys!

They're simply poisoning the air there so they don't have to poison it over here!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The outrageous behaviour and incredible corruption committed by military contractors like KBR/Halliburton shows, that they are a modern form of organized crime. Here trailer and link to the documentary film Iraq for sale.

Trailer:

Link to full movie:
video.google.com...#

More horrible poisoning in Iraq and Afghanistan, results from the usage of depleted uranium munition. Soldiers and civilians are at a higher risk to develop cancer and their children are far more likely to develop birth defects.

dailycensored.com...

Warning! The video contains some graphic scenes and may be difficult to stomach.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Drunkenshrew]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Defense contractor KBR may have exposed as many as 100,000 people, including US troops, to cancer-causing toxins

LOL

This stuff cracks me up.....

KARMA anyone?...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

I'm not sure I understand your post.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by rainfall

I'm not sure I understand your post.

The criminal u.s.military has illegally invaded sovereign countries, murdered, tortured and raped innocent people...

The article you have posted just confirms what I already know to be true.....the law of Karma...

Don't you just love how the military takes care of their own??

What goes around, comes around.......

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No doubt this was all part of the "inner circle" design, seeing as how most of this occurred on or around the 33rd parallel.

"The Masons would like to believe that God favors their duties as funeral directors. The Masons become funeral directors by first directing whose body will at the funeral, and where that life will be taken. If a life is taken close to the northern 33rd Parallel, this fits with the Masons' demonic mythology in which they demonstrate their worldly power by spilling human blood at a predetermined locale." - David Icke

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
MORE:

'There's No Such Thing as the EPA Here'

On some days, Russell Keith could simply look up at the sky to gauge how busy his day would be as a paramedic at the largest U.S. base in Iraq.

Dark green smoke meant the contractor could count on a 30 to 40 percent spike in his patient load, he told the Senate Democratic Policy Committee last week during a hearing on contractor oversight.

Keith never knew which substance -- medical waste, body fluids, batteries, plastic or tires -- that would sometimes be set alight with jet fuel and cause the dark, acrid smoke pouring from the sprawling, 10-acre burn pit to turn green. But he did know that patients complaining of burning throats, eyes and painful breathing would fill the infirmary on those days.

"There is no such thing as the EPA here, folks," Keith said he told new hires at Joint Base Balad. Then, he would tell them, half-joking: "The burns pits are nasty. Try not to breathe." Now he says that if he had known what was being burned, he would have advised the recruits to never to get off the bus.

"From as close as 10 feet away, I saw nuclear, biological and medical waste, including bloody cotton gauze, plastics, tires, petroleum cans, oils and lubricants thrown into burn pits"

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Where's all "support the troops" propaganda now? Oh, it check out when actual support beyond empty rhetoric and yellow stickers was involved.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by radio_for_peace

Where's all "support the troops" propaganda now? Oh, it check out when actual support beyond empty rhetoric and yellow stickers was involved.

LOL

Shhhh, they're pretending not to see this one...

They don't want to admit they're disposable pawns in a rich mans game of chess...

PEACE and LOVE...

top topics

join