It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin sees conspiracy in new dollar coins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Palin sees conspiracy in new dollar coins

rawstory.com

It now seems clear why the staff to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin didn't want anyone to bring recording devices or cell phones to her speech Friday night.

Even news outlets like Politico -- which have prominently featured Dick Cheney's terror jeremiads -- would have been likely to lampoon her.

But the ban on recording devices didn't stop them. Politico says they bought three tickets to Palin's Wisconsin speech and then penned a write-up. Their review was somewhat grim, taking aim at Palin's frequent use of the words "bogus" and "awesome" and delivering a strange anecdote about
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I wonder why ex. Gov. Palin wouldn't want a transcript of her speeches to be recorded for posterity? I think that would be an awesome idea. At least she allowed reporters in. I wonder how long that will last being as how their reports were less than glowing.

Perhaps ex. Gov. Palin is using these speeches as a mechanism to promote her book. I certainly can't blame her for trying to maximize her readership. Plus she can make a few bucks on the tickets. It would be awsome if she could sell Tshirts, bumberstickers, headscarves and keychains at her performances. I'm sure her fan base would like some Palin memorabilia. I would.

When she comes to my town I'm gonna get tickets to see her; you betcha!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
MHO... If there is no recording... then she has "Plausible Deni-ability"

Everyone is always wanting evidence instead of hear-say.... well, here you go. She can say whatever she wants and deni it later if it is taken out of context, etc...

I have a feeling more and more politicians are going to follow this route unfortunately!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It is simple no recording devices, no taking snippits and running them out of context by her detractors. Smart Political move. Even with reporters penning the speech , the recent explosion of false and partisan stories in the media by both sides, if something was written about that she regretted saying she can blame the reporters as being partisan and making things up or paraphrasing. As X2 Strong said, plausible deniability.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by djvexd]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
It is simple no recording devices, no taking snippits and running them out of context by her detractors. Smart Political move. Even with reporters penning the speech , the recent explosion of false and partisan stories in the media by both sides, if something was written about that she regretted saying she can blame the reporters as being partisan and making things up or paraphrasing. As X2 Strong said, plausible deniability.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by djvexd]

Considering she's an expert at taking things out of context, I'm not surprised she's afraid of letting the people hear how she really feels about issues.

*cough* Death Panels *cough*

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think with Palin, there's less concern about snippets taken out of context and more concern with entire statements quoted in full context.

And if that's NOT the concern, then it darn well better should be, at least based on what I'VE heard come out of her.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So in other words Palin love conspiracy theories and have a few of her own inside her sleeves.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
just like everything else going on lately, its all a swirling black vortex of chaos and crap in the political arena, i wont say shes an impossible candidate but i'll say improbable, in my view shes a distractionist,
and the death panel mention.... it's still early, the jury's still out on that with me, i'll wait a few years till this is all underway and the bulk of the aged stack up in the hospitals and nursing homes, i learned to never say never.....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Our Founding Fathers believed government and its members as well as the People of the nation should conduct themselves with God given moral values and in fact this was necessary for our system of government to be effective.

Not a "Christian" nation but at least a "Godly" nation. They believed this so strongly that they even had Bibles printed up for use in SCHOOLS when there was a shortage.

Palin is simply reacting to another ploy by corrupt powers who seek to undermine the Founding Fathers and the principles this nation was founded on. The Founding Fathers believed when Goldy moral values were taken out of government, the government would fail. We are seeing this happen more every day as our Constitutional rights are trampled on and the checks and balances set forth are being subverted.

Palin is 100% correct to see conspiracy in this. Every true American who has an understanding of history, the principles this country was founded on, and an understanding of the Constitution will see this too and know it is Terrorism from within seeking to tear us apart.

The greatest war on Terrorism is not fought of foreign soil but against factions in our own government. Calling peoples attentions away from this and toward the fighting overseas is a ploy to keep the American peoples eyes away from the true enemy here at home. Time to wake up people.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

no recording devices because everything the lady says she is harpooned for.

if politicians were smart they'd do this more often.

and come on..it got us talking about her. her name is staying in the public. mission accomplished.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

PLEASE do not degrade the founding fathers by comparing Sarah Palin.

I am not saying that because I think she isn't worth anything..i dont know the lady, didnt live under her reign as gov. in alaska, so i have nothing negative to say about her that i have experienced, i think she portrays herself as a dingbat...but whatever. The point is she is no George Washington.

And i dont see a "conspiracy" in moving in god we trust to the side of the coin. They took it, and put it in a cool different place. People need to get off their high horse on this. If in god we trust is taken off the coins it's not like it's going to all of a sudden end the world. I'm sure any god wouldn't give a darn if that phrase is on money or not.

It's just the self centered ultra christians that have a problem with it. get over it. there is no conspiracy. there just isn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If there is one lesson we should mark at the turn of the century, it is that the political elite have become increasingly vulnerable to a tool they mastered many years ago.

Word-smithing is a skill. Style is a talent, and these people rarely have both.

They are a threat to themselves. Hence the prophylactic environment of no posterity of any speeches they make.

As we have grown as a rather unique culture here in America we have developed, (much to the chagrin of Madison Avenue, Hollywood, and political 'elite') a capacity recognize and understand the difference between prosytization and zealotry, and the art of oration.

Palin reads her audience and plays them like a harp, as do many of our contemporary politicans. But that does not mean what they say is 'popular' - it just means they are good performers.

I fear that our politician's devalue substance and reason in deference to the purely theatric. It gets votes.

In the end they (the popular celebrity politicians) do not, and can not, 'lead' us anywhere. They simply do as the party directs. Hence the astounding ability for two supposed 'opposing' factions to achieve the exact same results in governance, regardless of who sits in the big chair at the head of the table.

By the way, did I miss the dollar coin conspiracy? She simply wants all the people who feel God is a fundamental aspect of the national character to know she is on their side. The coin is a tool, and it's not even OUR currency; it's the Feds.

When we start printing our own currency, this debate will have meaning beyond the diversion the Supranational Bank Cartel is providing for the 'bread and circuses' of the masses.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does Palin even know that "In God We Trust" was not always on U.S. currency? If she wants to find a conspiracy with the quote, perhaps she should look at those that put it on there in the first place.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't think Sarah is holding an office at the moment
nor is she officialy running for one so, it seems to me that she can do what she wants at her own private speeches.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Just thought I would add to your post in saying that "In God We Trust" was first printed on currency on October 1, 1957.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
I don't think Sarah is holding an office at the moment
nor is she officialy running for one so, it seems to me that she can do what she wants at her own private speeches.

You are, of course, correct (although I'm sure whoever hosts her may potentially feel differently.)

Nevertheless, I feel any considerations regarding her running for some office or other needs to be a bit less literal.

If she never seeks office again I will of course admit my error in judgment. But as of now I would feel comfortable saying that her candidacy for 'whatever' is an inevitability.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Kaploink

Just thought I would add to your post in saying that "In God We Trust" was first printed on currency on October 1, 1957.

It was our establishments way of crystalizing the difference between the "Godless Reds" who often declared religion to be 'an oppiate for the masses' and their civilized "Western" "Christian" states were so commonly heralded as the heroes of the age by those posing as true patriots spreading Democracy and freeing the world.

Interstingly, both sides though of themselves as freeing the world.

More interestingly still, as the civilized West only freed the profitable, the Red's ALSO only freed the profitable....

Things that make you go, hmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
If there is one lesson we should mark at the turn of the century, it is that the political elite have become increasingly vulnerable to a tool they mastered many years ago.

I want to frame that and send to the elite headquarters...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Here is a little addition to the story that I thought might be of intrest.

Fox News fact checks Sarah Palin’s ‘dollar conspiracy’

n an speech to a Minnesota anti-abortion crowd last week, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin seemed to see a conspiracy in a decision to put "In God We Trust" on the edge -- rather than the face -- of new presidential dollar coins.

"She began her remarks with a puzzling commentary on the design of newly minted dollar coins," Politico wrote. "Noting that there had been a lot of “change” of late, Palin recalled a recent conversation with a friend about how the phrase “In God We Trust” had been moved to the edge of the new coins.

“Who calls a shot like that?” she inquired. “Who makes a decision like that?”

“It’s a disturbing trend,” she added.

Turns out, the decision was made by former Republican President George W. Bush, and approved in 2005.

rawstory.com...

What an idiot....

Wouldn't you think someone would have researched this for her?
Is it any wonder she didn't want video, cameras or recording gear at her presentations.?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That was funny.... but then, history is most definitely not her strong suit....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join