It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Da Vinchi Code, Movie and Brown At Public Speaking On His Sequel....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
[note: I appologize for making another post about this, but it seems it would kinda beat off topic from the previous posts i've seen on Da Vinchi and would be lost among all the other posts]

I just finished reading the book and I didnt get the ending. Was the grave bellow the Chalices? Or was that a medaphorical meaning?

Also Dan Brown was at a public speaking, theres more here:

www.cnn.com...

It seems to me that alot of the stuff in his book he wrote knowing he had some background and credit to it's truth. The underlying meaning of the books is nice. It seems he already knew the church would discredit it before he worte it. So it's obvious why he made it apart of the books story.

There is no doubt in my mind this book is a novel. But who says you can't write a fictional story with a non-fictional base. That obvious to why people have devouted time to write books to discredit him.

It's funny to see some of the things in this book seem fictional but could be a metaphore to our everyday life.

Back to Brown, he said that there is also a code hidden in the cover of the book to the sequel he is curretnly working on.

If you look on the front of the cover I beleive the text is backwords, just like one of the codes in the book. Did Brown make that up or is that actually a Da Vinchi thing?

It will be interesting to see the movie when it comes out. Hopefully it doesn't beat off track and sticks to the book.

I read in another post, there working on the cast. Either Russel Crowe or Tom Hanks could be Mr. Langdon. Honestly I dont think Crowe would be good for the part, he has that heroic stigma to him that seems to bold for langdons description.

Tom hanks seems more like a person that can fit the description of all his carachters though. What do you think?

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by OverStand]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Greetings OverStand,
I have completed the Da Vinci Code quest - at the end you are told to ring a number to learn about the next book. Unfortunately, as I am based in Australia, I could not ring the number. But I have heard that it will be about us. (The Freemasons)

GLORIA DEI EST CELARE VERBUM

Regards,
Bro. Daniel Brown

d1k

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Can someone sum up what this book is about please?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I haven't read it yet. I plan to very soon though. Anyone posting spoilers will be visited at night by fifty pixies with red hot pokers and disembowelled with a spoon

d1k

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
nm

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by d1k]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You may wish to take a look at this previous post. www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Thread CPR.

top topics

join